3,131 results
All reviews prego ikan heavenly spa new wing kids club seasonal tastes heavenly bed premium room spg member family suite small balcony breakfast buffet private beach beach front japanese restaurant kids pool table tennis
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had the privilege (read: headache) to arrange a family vacation with my in laws, and I was very cautious in planning everything. When it come to which hotel to stay, almost everyone that I know in Bali suggest to stay at Westin Nusa Dua. And now I can tell you why.
I was travelling with 6 adults, all with different interest and preference, PLUS a baby on board.
I already had a great experience since the moment I made my booking directly to the hotel. Before our arrival I made a phone call to advise that we are going to arrive early and request a baby cot or at least a king bed in one of the room. And despite having thousands of guests (yess.. It was the holiday season) they took NOTICE!!

So when we arrived they already have our room ready. I was grateful that they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. But.. it wasnt the upgrade that impressed me.. I was so occupied with a baby on my arm, filling in forms and everything and I forgot my wallet on the counter. I was already heading to have lunch and they managed to tracked me down and return my wallet... Only for me to realize that I have forgotten my phone too. And Yes they managed to find my phone too even go as far as contacting my taxi just in case i forgot it there. Impressed.

The breakfast table was very busy, but they've got everything to suit every taste even for my father in law. I like the kids corner but the menu is always the same, but it does the job to contain the kids in one place so that the parents and other patrons can eat peacefully. But what impressed me was that the waiter is very helpful, she offered to entertain my baby, heat baby food, and she even remembered our preferred table and what kinda coffee each one of us like. (did I mention there were 7 of us??)

the beach is awesome for little (and big) kids too. There are so many interesting activities for kids, and the kids club has three section that separate the little ones so they wont be knock over by the big kids.

We tried the italian restaurants and the one next to beach and leave with happy belly. The room service menu is also awesome with great selections of organic food at the kids menu. And the newly refurbished spa is a must try. It was all the little details they have that really impressed me.

It is definitely not for travelers who seeks for romantic getaway, but Westin is perfect for a family vacation indeed.

Room tip: if you are travelling with baby, make sure you let the hotel know in advance.
Date of stay: December 2013
1  Thank Lisiany W
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Lisiany W. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had such a good time and impressed with the quality and comfort of our service and facilities. I will definitely share with the team as they will be delighted to have enhanced your stay. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again at the resort for another memorable and relaxing experience.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and 3 daughters recently returned from a 5 night stay at The Westin and had an amazing time. We stayed in the family suite which was the best fit for our family. It was very large with a living room separating our room and the kids room which gave us all our privacy. Both bathrooms were huges and included a gorgeous bath, king size beds in both rooms which were extremley comfortable. This was our 2nd stay at the Westin and once again we did not leave the resort!! The kids were happy with the pool and water slide and we paid $10 each child per day for them to eat off the menu. We look forward to returning next year, thoroughly recommend it.

Room tip: Family suites a must for parents!
2  Thank Nat7367

Dear Nat7367. Thank you so much for visiting us again. It is always a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and to note that we were able to continually meet your expectations. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even more special and memorable.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed recently at the Westin in Nusa Dua, the beach was splendid with clean white sand and the water was clean and lovely to swim in, the pool area is nice however the main pool is too deep to relax in..there are limited stairs with everyone hovering around them. we preferred the pool close to the Prego restaurant which had very comfy loungers and great relaxing atmosphere. All the restaurants had outstanding quality food and service. the Ikan restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere on the beach with the lanterns and the lit up rocks etc. Breakfast was lovely. kids club was good except that you has to fill in a new form every day???? to register the kids. Also the area for TV and games was too small..it seems thats what the kids wanna do when they go inside for a break..all the boys were bunched into the tiny area. The teenage area was off bounds for the smaller kids..mine were 8 and 10, so i felt that was wasted space. we chose a smaller room to save money with two double beds..in hindsight i would have spent more money to get a bigger room as it was way too small and the view is very restricted. Overall a fantastic resort!!!!

1  Thank Bodiproject

Dear Bodiproject. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us and to note that you had such a great time enjoying our relaxing beach and pool and our restaurants. We value your feedback on our Westin Kids Club, and will continuously strive to bring a better value of our service delivery. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable experience, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in April and May 2014 with my wife and 2 year old daughter. We did a lot of research prior to coming about the different hotels/resorts/villas in the different areas of the island and decided that The Westin was the best fit for what we wanted. That being said, Nusa Dua is probably not for everyone.

Overall the stay was pleasant. The service was very friendly (most of the time), although it seems that their systems were not as efficient as they should have been. The resort had so many staff, but it seemed that some people weren't being attended to or that some staff were just standing around not knowing what to do. Most of the staff were very friendly to my daughter, and so many of them remembered her name and called out to her when they saw her. It was such a great experience for my daughter to be around so many friendly strangers. My daughter loved talking to the dancers at the front of the hotel as well.

We arranged for airport pick-up and that went smoothly so we arranged for airport drop off at the end as well. This is more expensive than what you would pay from a taxi, but for us it was worth the peace of mind. It was 165000RP for each trip. Remember that if you want to take the new toll route you must pay an extra 10,000 to the drive for the toll. It makes the 30 minute trip, a 15 minute one.

We stayed in the new wing in an SPG Premier room facing the garden. It was quite large with a nice comfy bed. The bathroom was very spacious with a rainshower and a large bathtub. Unfortunately, on a number of occasions the hot water did not work, or the water didn't work all together. Each time it was remedied quite quickly and with a quick call to the front, I was given an explanation and apologies. Apparently this is not an ongoing thing, but bad timing for us as something was wrong with the boiler. The new wing is, as others have commented on, quite far from the main pools and beach. This would not normally bother me, however with a 2 year old in tow, it was a bit of a pain. If we forgot something in the room, it was always quite a journey to head back. The pools at the new wing were sufficient but not nearly as nice as the main pools or the beach. Very quiet though.

Breakfast was not that great. We didn't get a breakfast package so we ended up paying 1850RP per person. We only went twice. The food was not that great considering the price. My daughter loved the ice cream.

We also ate at IKAN twice, and the beach bar once. Very pricey options, even by Japanese standards. IKAN cost between 500,000-800,000 RP per meal. We only had a Nasi Goreng and a Mie Goreng with a children's option, as well as a couple beers one night, and the other night we had the appetizer sampler with a nasi goreng, children's option and 3 beers. The beach side bar was very expensive as well. We had two juices and a children's ham sandwich and it cost 180,000 RP. I suppose this is to be expected with any resort hotel, but the quality wasn't all that great.

The beach was nice. I went to see the sunrise early the first morning, and what would have been a very nice experience was ruined by the hoards of Chinese tourists not being very courteous to the people trying to enjoy the sunrise. Our neighbors were also very loud and discourteous late at night as well (and it sounded like a family with young children). Now this is not the hotel's fault, however it is something that one may want to be aware of. I think you may not be able to avoid this situation no matter where you go around Asia nowadays.

The best investment I made was the 100,000 RP to rent the heavenly bed on the beach. Highly recommend this. It was so nice to just lie back and take a nap while listening to the waves.

The saving grace of this resort is the spa. If not for my spa experience I would have rated this property a 3. I booked my wife in the spa on the 2nd day, and after hearing from her how amazing it was, I booked myself in for the last day. It was such an amazing experience. I enjoy a good massage but am typically satisfied with a regular massage parlor for 1/10th of the price, but the quality of the massage, the service, and building blew me away. It was a great experience. Next time, I'll book my wife and I in there everyday.

The living room was also very much appreciated. We were able to get a late check-out at 3pm, however our flight did not leave until 12am. We ended up taking full advantage of having the shower and sofas in the living room. We were also able to do some last minute re-arranging of our luggage in the space as well. Great idea in the hotel considering all of the late flights out of DPS.

Overall, good stay. If you go in there prepared to spend lots of money on extras, you'll have a fantastic stay. If you are pushing your budget staying here I wouldn't recommend it.

Room tip: First floor garden rooms by the pool seem like the best option.
5  Thank Ernieinjapan

Dear Ernieinjapan. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of your valuable experiences. We are very pleased to note that you were pleased with the attentiveness and friendliness of our associates and that you and your loved one had such a renewing time enjoying our Heavenly Spa by Westin™. We really apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in the bathroom, we will take necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future, and also endeavor to deliver the highest quality of food and beverages. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Been there for four days with family and this was my second stay. First stay was a few years ago and we stayed in a modern room with classic-local-traditional style which i loved so much. But this time we stayed in a modern-style room at new wing area. Still an incredible experience of a hotel yet i missed the balinese touch which i felt at the first visit...
But i still loved it anyway, especially for the great breakfast experience with great variety of food choices, the warmth hospitality with always-caring-and-smile staffs and the beauty of the places...

Room tip: If you want to feel the local-balinese atmosphere, do not choose the new wing which is modern style...
1  Thank AlbertNoers

Dear AlbertNoers. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our resort and for taking the time to write such a thorough review on TripAdvisor. We highly appreciate your kind comments as we always value guests impressions and expectations of our resort. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.