“heavenly......”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Bangkok, Thailand
“heavenly......”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been travelling for the past weeks.... and finally ended up at the Westin, for the last leg of my business trip journey this month. I Stayed at this hotel several years ago and was truly impressed with the new luxurious product that they have... trully first class... and best of all, it was the best sleep I had for the past two weeks.... LUV the Heavenly bed

Room Tip: pool view rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ianHRHP
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear ianHRHP. We are very pleased to note that we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of the Westin Heavenly Bed®. I will share your kind words to the entire team and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at the resort for another memorable and relaxing experience

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2014

In short, this is a generic hotel, geographically on the island of Bali, but imposed upon it, and walled-off, as if the only salvageable bit of Bali worth keeping were the warm water. The concept is bankrupt: how could you experience less of Bali than to create a walled enclosure with a security gate to ensure that none of Bali's charm can invade the culture-sterilized buildings.
We stayed in Ubud, and interacted with... Balinese! Charming, kind, lovely people. Down every alley is an endless stream of incense and flower offerings to Gods and ancestors. Really charming. The Westin... sucked.
The best illustration: I walked into the beach accessory store in the lobby and asked for sunburn lotion... The desk attendant left her desk, walked over to a shelf (with sunburn lotions) removed all of them, in an armful, and brought them to the back room. She returned with one of them (a 12-oz or 16-oz container) the price tag was removed. She told me some price in Indonesian Rupiah... which I converted to... $33. I asked if she had made a mistake, "no."
Now I understood why the hell she was removing them all from the shelf: one of them might have had a tag with the actual price. I left it and called the front desk asking them how much sunburn lotion costs... the equivalent of $11. When I told them what had happened, they said "that's not our shop."
The food SUCKED. Breakfast was included in my room fee and every morning I would find myself hungry, but picking over the crap at the breakfast buffet, and not even finding anything appealing.
Service: the hotel was nearly empty (granted, they were preparing for a big Samsung conference). My flight left at about midnight. I asked for a late check-out. "No." When I left, after sitting in their featureless lobby, the place was still basically empty. This wasn't no effort, it was not even considering making an effort. They had a "hospitality" suite for showering and changing: the shower was broken.
Bali really was lovely. This hotel captured none of it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank 1k_by_June
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear 1k_by_June. Thank you for your feedback, and we assume that your comment about seclusion is about Nusa Dua enclave and not necessarily about Westin. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about the resort; we normally get excellent reviews about our breakfast quality and variety, especially with a large array of SuperFoods. The Living Room is a lounge specially designed and recently opened for all our early arrival and late checkout guests, thank you for bring to our attention about the broken shower, which has since been repaired. We do have 2 very well equipped shower rooms. We are sorry that we were unable to look after you on this trip. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from a soothing weekend away at the Westin Nusa Dua. This was my second trip to Bali and I was a bit reluctant after staying in Kuta previously. (It's fine if you don't mind the overcrowding and the smell of fumes from all the cars and motorbikes.)

Luckily, this time I booked the perfect place to relax. Upon arrival I was greeted by a smiling staff and a pair of Balinese dancers. Without exception every single person on staff made me feel like a dignitary. It is so difficult to get such service right.

My suite was tastefully decorated in Balinese/Indonesian style without being "overdone." It was immaculately clean with a wonderfully comfy bed and lovely soft sheets. Great amenities.

Clearly this is a great place to go solo, for a romantic getaway, and for a family holiday. I was surprised by the number of families enjoying the pool. There is even a "kiddy" area in one of the restaurants for Sunday brunch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tom_is_Kosher
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Tom_is_Kosher. It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to make your stay as comfortable, relaxing and a most pleasant place to be. I will certainly share your kind review with our entire team. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you a back in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 22, 2014

A few months ago, I had the privilege to visit Indonesia for a conference. After a long 27 hour flight from the U.S. vis Doha and Singapore, I was tired, but greeted by a warm and efficient staff, a clean and well organized hotel room, excellent modern bath rooms and sweet exotic fruits in the room. The grounds are impeccable and are diligently kept. Simply a lovely place to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Komat_13. We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay during your conference so memorable. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another occasion.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently had a 9 day stay at this beautiful resort. The grounds are beautifully kept including the little squirrels that come to visit. 3 well maintained pools, including a salt water pool if you don't like chlorine pools. The ocean and beach is clean and free of the rubbish that you would normally find on Bali beaches. We had a garden terrace room, 1402, perfect spot close to the pools, and beach but not too close to hear any noise. The staff were courteous, friendly and very helpful, after only one day they new who we were and we were made to feel very special. I noticed that there were quiet a few return customers because some of the staff recognised people that had been there before. The food was exceptional, don't waste your time going to Jimbaran Bay for the seafood dinner, it was expensive I thought, Westin's seafood buffet was cheaper and also a huge choice of seafood. I have nothing bad to say about this resort, I am going back. One last comment, the spa is modern and futuristic looking, the thermal treatment before a massage is awesome.

Room Tip: Garden terrace rooms, definitely overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolineS848
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear CarolineS848. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you had such a memorable experience at our resort and enjoyed the beach, pools, the quality of our food and our Heavenly Spa by Westin™. I will share your kind words to the entire team and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at the resort for another inspiring and relaxing experience.

Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Currently staying at the Westin Bali - family suite. From a hospitable welcome to a warm and speedy check-in , then an amazingly clean suite as huge as a 4 bedroom apartment sized equivalent ! Beds are so comfy, comes with 2 bathrooms that are fabulously big with bathtubs!

The prego Italian restaurant serves the best pizza n pasta, thrown in with best service from a team of professional, committed staff ! Great ambience, cosy layout with an open kitchen concept - simply wonderful! Price is reasonable and worth it all! The rocky road cakes served at The Verandah is simply mind blowing - loved by my entire family - certainly worth a try.

Pool is large with a team of lifeguards and service staff at your service.

I applaud The Westin bali mgt n team for the excellent job done in mangling this huge resort !

Will explore the private beach today and share my experience with all soon. Need late checkout - hope this wonderful team will not disappoint me :)

Stay tune for part 2 ........

Room Tip: Hesitate no more - Family suite if you are traveling with children and teens !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LionCitySunLover
Dear LionCitySunLover. We are pleased to note that you and your family have such a good time and impressed with the quality and comfort of our service and facilities especially your Family Suite, our Italian restaurant called Prego, and our refreshing pools. We thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable experience during your stay with us, and do look forward to hearing your another valuable experience.

Jakarta
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the brand new wing. The original hotel lobby was quite old though, feels very 80s. But the new wing which just opened 3 months ago is excellent, clean and quite with modern design. We were upgraded to the premium room without any additional charge. The room is good in size. The Italian restaurant downstairs is great. The female waiter with short hair (forgot to ask her name) is very helpful and friendly, escpecially to my 5 yo daughter. The bed is so heavenly as it is Westin standard. I also tried their brand new heavenly spa which is excellent in both design and service. Kidsclub is also very good. I highly recommend the new wing to anybody who's looking for new hotel in Nusa Dua area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank yunijie
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Yunijie. We are really happy to hear that you felt comfortable with your room in our new wing extension and enjoyed our Italian restaurant called Prego, Heavenly Spa by Westin™ and our Westin Kids Club. Thank you for sharing your valuable experience, and it will be with pleasure that we will welcome you and your family again in the near future.