The phrase ‘large hotel’ may fill you with dread, but the Ayodya is proof that big is not necessarily bad. Everything about it is enormous – from the statues and fountains out front, to the enormous reception and lounge area, to the vast lagoon within the grounds, to the swimming pool and the garden areas adjacent to the beach. Despite this (or maybe because of it), the place never seems crowded, and the service you receive as a guest is every bit as personal as you would get in a small boutique hotel. A legion of polite, smiling, immaculately dressed staff members are on hand to greet you and make your stay as pleasant as possible. The art of service is alive and well here.
My wife and I chose this hotel mainly on price, and for what we paid ( approx £50 per night including breakfast ), we couldn’t have hoped for a better place. I have stayed in many luxury hotels through my job in the travel industry, and would rank the Ayodya as one of the very best. We had a ‘standard’ deluxe room; in keeping with the rest of the hotel, it was huge and well equipped. There are even larger rooms and private suites if you are so inclined, but we were more than happy with our choice.
In terms of location, the hotel is on a fine stretch of beach in the Nusa Dua area. We spent most of our time in the hotel grounds, as the sea had strong currents and a surprisingly large amount of litter floating around. This did not spoil our stay one bit, as the hotel grounds are a nice place to be; more like a well–managed nature reserve than a large hotel complex. We particularly enjoyed feeding the fish, large water lizards and exotic birds around the lagoon.
There are plenty of options on site for a quick lunch, and most nights we dined at the Bali Collection ( a shopping complex 10 minutes walk from the hotel ) which has a huge choice of restaurants, many of which will give you a free ride back to the Ayodya. Prices here are much lower than the hotel, while still being of good quality. At the end of our stay we treated ourselves to a Teppanyaki meal at the hotel’s on – site Japanese restaurant ( Genji ). We had the place to ourselves, and the meal was the best Japanese we’ve ever had.
You can book tours through the hotel’s concierge service, however we arranged our own driver privately at a considerable saving. For a total of 400,000 IDR ( around £ 27 ), we had a 9 hour private tour of the island, taking in temples, a wood carving studio, painting studio and gallery, a traditional Balinese house, Ubud, Monkey Forest ( a personal highlight ) rice paddies, a plantation, and a stop for lunch at a buffet restaurant in Kintamani, overlooking spectacular Mount Batur and Lake Batur in the north of the island. A hugely enjoyable taste of ‘real Bali’, far removed from the manicured security of Nusa Dua.
As you have probably realised, we loved every minute of our holiday, and have got many treasured memories of this lovely island, it’s friendly people, and the superb Ayodya hotel. We would love to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayodya Resort Bali A Kingdom of Hospitality Located in a 11.5 Hectare landscaped garden with Balinese theme in the secure gated resort community of Nusa Dua with a secluded sandy beach, Bali's secret mountain Gunung Agung can be tantalizing glimpsed in the distance and immediately adjacent sits the 18 holes Bali Golf and Country Club. The resort is designed to resemble a Balinese water palace in the grandest possible manner. A true reflection of Balinese art, the stone statues, fountains, carved relief and lagoon pools proclaim them throughout the hotel that depicts mythical characters from the great Ramayana Epic story. Ayodya Resort Bali has 537 elegantly rooms and suites with the comfortable balconies. The bathrooms are designed and decorated with the comfort and convenience of the most discerning guest in mind.Ayodya Resort Bali provide 7 restaurants and lounge will enhance your dining experience during your stay with us. There are a host of recreational activities that you and your family can enjoy at the resort, such as a large swimming pool, all weather tennis courts, health club, water sport and spa. The children could enjoy the time at Camp Ananda.The guests who require a more private, sophisticated and individual option could chose The Ayodya Palace. The Ayodya Palace is a dreamy, 79-room, private 'retreat within a hotel', set in a quiet corner of the resort. With luxurious accommodation and facilities, a world class butler service, private check-in, and complimentary food and beverage presentation throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayodya Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayodya Resort Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Ayodya Hotel Bali
- Ayodya Hotel Nusa Dua
- Bali Hilton
- Ayodya Resort Bali Nusa Dua