“A great Hotel in the best part of Bali”
Review of Ayodya Resort Bali

Ayodya Resort Bali
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Lugano, Switzerland
“A great Hotel in the best part of Bali”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed four days on this hotel. A taxi driver suggested it to me while I was in kuta.
The beach is really good: large and clean, soft sand, calm sea, turquoise and clear water; last but not least the sand is pink as the isola of Budelli in Sardinia. The room was large, clean, with a complete bathroom and a nice balcony, most of them have a view on the laguna and on the sea.
The hotel is not new, but the spaces and the buildings are well maintained and we didn't see ruined areas.
The wi-fi was not free, which was not nice, since all restaurants, in Nusa Dua area, had free wi-fi.
Breakfast was in line with the standard of the hotel and price, I mean very good.
The pizza of the beach restaurant was very good as well, but expensive.
We did a couples treatment in the hotel's spa, which was very good and I really appreciated to play tennis in Hotel's tennis courts, courts with a roof. Last but not least is close the Golf court.
Recommended.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on the laguna, better higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I attended the APEC conference this year and chose this hotel because the conference was held there. Check in was fine. The walk to the room was very far, but that's because the hotel is huge, biggest resort hotel I have ever set foot into. It means lots of restaurants and pools and beach access and bars, but for me if I was on vacation I would go for something a little more personal.

The room was fine, nice outlook over pool, aircon worked really well which is helpful when you are on business and dressed in suits half the time ! Pretty quiet, not much surrounding noise, bed comfortable. Paid internet but not over the top and was pretty fast at all times.

Bathroom and amenities all very good. Stayed in a room described as Grande. For the money I felt it was OK, but nothing special. And the area is so much nicer than Kuta unless you like drinking, loud musics, partying and motor bikes on every inch of the road . Nus Dua is a haven and I guess you pay for that.

I felt the breakfast was not too exciting. I always judge beach resorts on the quality of their fruit and juices because usually they are in complete abundance and good quality. I didn't think it was too great at this hotel. Being vegetarian I cant comment too much on the other offerings. But nice surroundings both in and outdoors.

But the lunch buffet each day was very nice and the flavours very Indonesian. The one dinner I had in hotel at beach bar was also very good.

Room Tip: If you like to be close to beach area, specifiy that because the walk can be very far and you will q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have recently stayed at the Ayodya Hotel and I loved it. Although my wife and I stayed there for 6 nights, we couldn't get enough of it. Here are some of the points I like to share about the Hotel.

It’s a 30 to 45 minute car drive from the Airport with traffic. When arriving to the hotel, I noticed that you need to go through two checkpoints before you reach the hotel. Walking into the lobby was rejuvenating; the whole hotel is decorated with idle (which I find is great). The customer service and guest relations were extremely helpful and friendly.
The rooms were in the right size, clean and comfortable as well as for the balcony which was great. Now this resort has 5 restaurants. The best one was “The Lagoona”, it right next to the beach for having either breakfast; lunch or dinner is just fantastic. The resort has its own Open Air Theatre where they do some Balinese dances including dinner performances two times a week. The hotel offers romantic dinners which has 5 different menus to choose from. The Spa is great, just wished they told me how much the tax was before the message.

The only issue that I had was the fact that you need to pay for the internet, and to be honest, charging me for internet is like charging me for the TV in my room on a separate bill. The Wi-Fi in the lobby should not be chargeable as for $15 for an hour! That’s just crazy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wajd G
sydney
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

After few days stayed around Kuta, Bali. We moved to this hotel at Nusa Dua. It's very peaceful and quite environment. You can really feel the nature and old Bali traditional culture environment here. The hotel is very very big, you can spent time the whole day walking around the hotel, swimming and enjoying the private quite beach here. Also there is a free bus that can take you to local shopping mall. The negative of this hotel, they don't have free wifi, you need to pay for Internet access.

• Stayed September 2013
Amarante, Portugal
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed one week on this hotel. We choose Ayodya because of the beach and that didn't disappointed us. The beach is really good: large and clean, white and soft sand, calm sea, turquoise and clear water. The hotel has an area with sunbeds, umbrellas and grass, which is very confortable and convenient. The beach is much better than ones of various hotels in Nusa Dua area.
Now the Hotel in itself. Ayodya is an huge hotel, several buildings of balinese architecture. We noticed that the hotel had some years, but, nevertheless, the spaces and the buildings are well maintained and we didn't see ruined areas.
Ayodya occupies a large area, plenty of well preserved gardens, lakes and relaxing spots.
We booked a deluxe room, since we had seen, before, some reviews saying that rooms were tired. So we decided to book a room of a superior category. The room was good. It was large, clean, with a complete bathroom and a nice balcony. The TV hadn't much options in terms of channels.
One time, we called the reception and asked them to please make a reservation in a restaurant. They said that they'll do, but that it'll have a cost!! They don't know the meaning of the word "courtesy"... they weren't able to do a simple gesture of sympathy!
Moreover, the staff was the ruin of our stay on this Hotel, in our point of view. They were rude, lazy, unpleasant and they seemed that they were just interested in guest's money.
Don't ask them to call a taxi for you. They'll call the most expensive (we think they have a commission).
Breakfast was regular.
The pizza of the beach restaurant was one of the best we ate in our lifes, despite the price.
We did a couples treatment in the hotel's spa, which was very good.
I think that there's better options in terms of hotels, in Nusa Dua area, than Ayodya.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria S
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Reading other's reviews on Trip Advisor we were warned how old and run down the resort was - I wish I had've taken this into better consideration. Paying a premium for the Nusa Dua location (a friend's wedding near by at a far nicer resort) we expected much better for $250+ a night than what we got...the room was full of mildew and smelled (leaving all our clothes damp and smelly), the wooden pool chairs were rotted through, the plastic beach chairs were snapped however worst of all I saw a large rat running out of the 'Lagoona' restaurant in the resort and we had cockroaches in our room. The only saving grace to the resort was the beautiful, friendly and exceptional staff and I enjoyed the spa treatments.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JessG_1010
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

At the end of August we stayed at Ayodya Palace, and it was just wonderful, especially the service! We are travelers, but I don't think we ever had better service... We would like to thank Fairlianti, Bina, Budana and all staff at Ayodya for their amazing work and hospitality!!! We'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones looking inside and higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple