I was lucky enough to be travelling to Bali with friends and the Melia was their choice. After reading the mixed reviews on tripadvisor I was a little nervous about our accommodation however was in for a very pleasant surprise. The entrance and foyer of the Melia are lovely and the gardens stunning. There were plenty of sun beds available around the pool and every time we went there I was asked if I wanted an umbrella. The staff always greet you with a smile and are definitely an asset to the Melia. Many remembered your name and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was a feast with some items changing daily for some variety. The bakery items were particularly good with a great choice of breads and pastries. The usual egg station, fresh fruits, cereals as well as asian and european choices.
Our room was on the ground floor and was more than adequate for the base rate room. In some previous reviews people complained about the humidity however there was a dehumidifier in our room which we kept on when in the room. It did turn off every time we removed our room key so could probably be wired in so it ran all day if required. As we live in the sub tropics we probably have a high tolerance of things like dampness so wasn't a biggie to us. The room was clean and the beds and pillows were soft and comfortable, something not to be taken for granted in Asia. We did have a bad smell in our room one day but when we went outside found it was coming from the sprinklers watering the garden. When they were turned off the smell went away.
Happy hour was great and we met lots of lovely travellers at the bar. Cocktails were definitely not watered down and the Pina Colada was one (or 2)of the best I have had. Again the staff were always smiling and friendly.
I am a convert and look forward to returning to the Melia next year. Thanks for a great holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious hotel is located in a tropical garden, right on Nusa Dua beach. Close to a magnificent golf course and the Nusa Dua shopping & leisure district. Nearby point of interest are the capital, Denpasar, 35 km distance from the hotel, and Kuta, just 10 km away. The International Airport is 20 min. away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Bali Indonesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Bali Indonesia Hotel Nusa Dua
- Melia Nusa Dua
- Melia Bali Hotel
- Melia Bali Indonesia Nusa Dua