“Heaven”

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Perth, Australia
“Heaven”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had seen a few, let's say average, reviews regarding the resort, so you can say I was somewhat 'open mided' about what my wife and I were in for, what made us book was basically an online deal that seemed to good to pass up. From the moment we walked through the door however, we may as well have been paying a million dollars a night. The way we were treated was out of this world, the most caring, attentive people you could ask for. Realistically, we know it is their job and we all put on a smile for our customers but you could genuinely feel their warmth. My wife and I are not people that like being waited on hand and foot, although you could see with other guests, there was never a request that was too much for them to do.

Resort itself, beautiful buildings, architecture was fascinating and the surrounds were ideallic. Koi fish in the ponds while you have your breakfast, the bigh kingfisher hungrily watching them and the squirrels scurrying along your balcony, everything just fit together.

My wife loved her spa treatments, which were part of the deal but otherwise fairly priced. She could not rate Wendy high enough. We both loved the pools and restaurant facilities. There was so much variety of food and drink that we didn't have enough time to try it all....

Great location so you can travel effortlessly to the different hotspots and back. We visited Kuta, Seminyak and Ubud but Nusa Dua seemed so much more homely. Would definately recommend for other visitors and I will be looking to return myself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JonMulligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in a Palace Club Room. It was worth paying the extra, because you get a more personalised experience. The breakfast area overlooks a beautiful garden and the personal chef will cook on demand.

The reason why I gave it 4 stars is because of the noise level. They were building a new hotel next door and the noise was unbearable at times. I left Singapore trying to escape the noise and was not happy to find a building site next door. It would have been good to receive warning about this so we could have visited when the building work had finished.

One of the things I liked about the hotel, which would probably be a downer for some was the overconfident wildlife. Much to my amusement, a squirrel ran up my husbands leg while on the beach leaving scratch marks on his legs. It was our fault - we enjoyed feeding these little critters! They were brilliant.

The birds and squirrels also steal from the breakfast tables. I really enjoyed watching all the different birds visit and the ducks make the pond picturesque. There is a large water monitor lizard that you get to see close up. Frogs are everywhere and we had fun frog hunting. Sometimes the ants are a bit of a problem. At our table, ants marched in lines up the table cloth after remnants of food the birds and squirrels had spilled.

The room I was in was beautiful and opened onto the garden. It was just such a shame about the noise. However, you could escape and walk along the beach which was always clean and had lots of beds available.

We used the spa and had a couples package. The mosquitoes were a little bit of a pest, so the shared bath wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.

Room Tip: The Palace Club Room we gad was beautiful and it was great that opened directly onto the garden. It...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Urs K, General Manager at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us about your stay at the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased to inform you that the construction of the new hotel next door is now completed and there is no further noise disruption.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the wildlife on our resort, which we are very proud to have. We do have the occasional ant and mosquito appearing as we use natural pest control remedies to maintain the ecological balance at the resort. This ensures that the wonderful creatures you experienced such as fish, turtles, butterflies, dragonflies and last but not least the squirrels and biawaks find the resort an attractive natural location to frequent.

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and apologize for the noise disruption.

I hope you get the opportunity to stay at our resort again, and I would be delighted to meet you upon your return.

Kind Regards,

Urs Klee
Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
Dorrigo, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I read a couple of mediocre reviews and was hesitant about the place. Well, I don't know where they were staying but it certainly wasn't The Nusa Dua Hotel and Spa where we stayed. The price, the food, the STAFF!, the amenities, the atmosphere, the grounds were all top notch. Ten of my family celebrated my brothers 60th birthday there after finding a fantastic offer from Ouffer.com. We were made to feel especially welcome, as I'm sure everyone is made to feel. The age of the Hotel seems to be an issue for people but I found that it gave the place more genuine character and authenticity than the more newly built resorts. Each to their own, I suppose. Anyway, I would recommend this resort to any and all who want a holiday to remember.

Room Tip: Just be careful of the pool tiles. Can be quite slippery.
Margaret River WA
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visit Bali often, but this was my first trip to Nusa Dua - and we WILL be back! The resort grounds are beautiful and the rooms comfortable - although a little out dated. The bed is amazingly comfortable and I considered trying to smuggle some of the pillows home in my suitcase! The pools are great, and even though the resort looked to have many rooms there was always a chair free to lay in. The spa treatments were enjoyable with plenty to do.
We did travel with a 2 year old and there were rarely kids in the kids club. Both the kids club and the playground (which are not close together) need an upgrade, but apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A big luxurious resort complex which offers everything that you expect from a 5 star establishment - no complaint at all! The Deluxe rooms were a bit small and worn-out, although the website claims that they were recently refurbished (a bit hard to believe, if you ask me). The hotel ground was charming with a nice traditional Balinese flair. Two strong points of the hotel are (i) the large lagoon pools and private beach access (i.e Nusa Dua is widely regarded as the nicest beach on the island) (ii) the wide variety of food and beverage outlets, as well as the high quality food and services. Be warned though, the restaurants ain't cheap compared with the prices elsewhere on the island. The resort is a good choice if you are after a luxury escape. However, some may find that, the Nusa Dua area, as a whole,can be a bit touristy and artificial. If so, consider staying at other parts of the island to experience the genuine Balinese hospitality (for example, Seminyak, or on the North/East coast).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights after purchasing a deal on luxury escapes. As soon as our driver drove into the resort we were in love! It is so beautiful and the staff were so welcoming and friendly. The resort is large, it has so many rooms and yet the pool was never crowded and we certainly were not rubbing shoulders with other guests.
Our room was lovely, we were supposed to be upgraded to a Premier room with a separate sitting area, but our room did not have this. Our daughter was so in love with the room that we decided not to say anything about it. The bed was soooo comfortable and the pillows were amazing!
Our package included the 3 theme night dinners. The Beach BBQ, which wasn't held on the beach, was fabulous, the food was great as was the entertainment. The other 2 theme nights were not so good. The food was very ordinary and completely lacking in spice!

We had massages included also. My first massage felt like someone rubbing oil all over me and was very unsatisfying, however my second one was fabulous.

We used the drivers from the resort and they were fabulous, very knowledgeable and we felt in safe hands with them. However I would highly recommend booking some tours through the resort. We booked the Bali Safari and Marine Park through the resort and it included everything including transport and lunch.

The bars and restaurants were excellent. Breakfast was included every day and the choice was incredible. Our daughter celebrated her birthday while we were at the resort. The staff at the Chess Restaurant provided a birthday cake for her and sang Happy Birthday to her which was very special. We kept going back to the Chess Restaurant because we were so in love with the staff - they were always so friendly and attentive.

I would highly recommend this resort, the staff are genuinely happy and friendly and will do anything they can to help you in any way.

6 Thank purplemoons
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We travelled all the way from London which took us about 15 hours and then to arrive at a five star hotel without even a mention of a drink is unacceptable. We then waited for a room for 45 minutes.
Finally got the room which looked old and tired with cosmetic patch up in places. Moving swiftly we then decided to have the seafood BBQ which was nice. Their initially advertised in their reception area that wine tasting would be included within the meal. When we asked whether the offer was available I was told a flat no without any explanation. I would also suggest that ice cream should be frozen not half melted when served.

Room 248 (day 1)