Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$164
$154
Hotels.com
Grand Hyatt Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
$340
$203
The Ritz-Carlton Bali(Nusa Dua)
$263
RitzCarlton.com
Ayodya Resort Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$292
$120
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$129
$108
  • Beachfront
Hilton Bali Resort(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$111
Melia Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
$117
$394
The St. Regis Bali Resort(Nusa Dua)
$549
$465
5,752 results
All reviewspalace clubchess bartamarind restaurantpremier roombali collectionnusa dua beachbalinese styleother hotelsbeautiful hotelrelaxing holidaybeach frontour honeymoonswim up barclub roomafternoon teakids clubbuffet breakfast
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Nusa Dua Beach Hot e based on the very good reviews we read on Trip advisor and Booking.com however our stay has been disappointing. The rooms smell and feel damp, we asked to change rooms and all of them smell damp! The wifi is available in the room but they charge you for it! Free wifi is a service you would expect from a 5 star hotel, especially that it's been pouring down since we arrived 3 days ago. And there is no distraction in the hotel apart from outdoor entertainments.
Due to the bad weather we decided to leave early and as we paid our booking in full when we arrived, I asked to get the remaining 3 nights partly refunded. The hotel manager categorically refused to give us some sort of refund! So we will be leaving the hotel 3 nights before our planned departure and not even one night will be refunded.
So I would not advise people to book in advance and pay in full.
On the bright side, the staff are really helpful and welcoming but I would definitely chose another hotel next time I come to Bali

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeborahGoldweis
Urs K, General Manager at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your recent review of the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Resort.

We are as equally disappointed with the very heavy rain we have experienced over the past few days, and whilst I understand your decision to depart early, we are sad to see you go.

I have pasted on your constructive feedback regarding the dampness in your guest room to our Chief Engineer and will follow up personally to ensure this issue is resolved.

With so many of our resort activities outside in our award winning gardens, I can understand how our guests may feel somewhat limited in experiencing a true Balinese experience during this inclement weather.

I am pleased to say that out Spa, Gym, Squash courts, Games Room, Children’s Club and four swimming pools remain open.

I will share your very kind comments regarding our staff, with our team who are such an asset to our beautiful resort.

Deborah, I have written to you directly with regards to your reservation and billing query and look forward to receiving your response.

Kind Regards,

Urs Klee

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Ok let's be frank here. This is not the most expensive hotel in the area, nor the newest or most modern. It's somewhat dated and you do notice immediately .....

BUT we had a great time at this hotel. It's absolutely spotless, the staff are super friendly, the food is great (not amazing but great) and well you pretty much get what you would expect for the price you will probably pay.

Lots of families so a great hotel with huge pools for kids, lots of options for dining and a nice friendly atmosphere. The grounds are lovely and very central to other hotels within mins walking distance.

A few things I could pick on:

-wifi is free in community areas (pool, bar etc) but is $11AUD per DAY if you want it in your room. Pretty average and it's well...misleading advertising!
- poolside staff should be more available - you pretty much have to get up off your chair (god forbid!) and go searching to get a drink or a snack
- breakfast staff (one or two) got a little above themselves when I asked for a fresh watermelon juice ("sorry, not available today)". It was delivered a few minutes later when I pushed the (minor) matter (though a whisper and snide comment passed between them). Average service for a minor request.
- the spa prices are expensive for Bali - a shame as I would have indulged. Instead I walked two minutes to the beach (go to beach and turn left, walk a minute and ladies will flock - you should pay between 50,000-80,000 rupiah for an hour - $5.00-$8.00AUD) and got a fabulous massage while hearing the sounds of the waves rolling.

If you're after something to blow your mind, try St Regis up the road....however we were perfectly happy with the hotel.

Thanks for a lovely few days.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank AinsLou
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We spent a night for our wedding anniversary at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Bali. We had been there with our kids, enjoy every moment in the area, clean pool, clean beach, beautiful Bali atmosphere, quiet and relaxing, but this time we traveled as a couple. Surprisingly the hotel decorated our bed with 2 towel swans and roses, then served 2 glasses of wine and bunch of roses in the pot. Special welcoming letter addressed to us. They prepared a room close to the pool and the beach, as we requested. The exceptional hospitality and care touch our hearts.
We had an unforgettable moment there. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The room near the pool and beach, straight to the garden
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndyandFei
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel with family for 5 nights. Everything of this hotel was brilliant. Rooms are big enough with excellent decoration and beautiful outside view . The breakfast was great. The service was excellent and you will have unforgettable time there. We spent most of our time inside the Hotel. I will recommend this Hotel and will stay there again if coming to Bali once more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peyman M
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was staying here for work, actually. I was at a week-long conference in Nusa Dua and chose the ND Beach Hotel primarily for its proximity to the conference venue. However, because it looked so lovely, I invited my mother to fly up from Australia and share my room. We had a really blissful week together there and talked about a bigger family gathering at some stage down the track. It's situated right on the beach in a string of similar resorts but this one looked the nicest by quite a margin.

The room was quiet and comfortable but it's the grounds that make this place so pleasant. Beautifully tended gardens, wonderful swimming pools and right on a lovely beach - it's really quite exquisite. The pools are clean and they wisely have a very nice kids pool which tends to separate those who want to lie quietly with a book all day from those who need to burn off some energy. They even have a basketball hoop set up in a little side pool so plenty of options. You just pick up a lush towel poolside and find a chair from which to begin ordering drinks and snacks.

The beach is also gorgeous. It's clean and the water is beautiful. There are no touts here because it's a private beach. You can eat dinner right on the beach which is a gorgeous thing to do but pick up some insect repellent from the shop first because there are little sand flies or something that can be mildly annoying once the sun goes down.

There are plenty of places to eat but special mention goes to the breakfast buffet. It was absolutely amazing. Indonesian, Western, Japanese food, an omelet bar, magnificent fresh fruit and juices, pastries, it really was a highlight - especially for someone coming from the UK where there is very little variety. The food we paid for (lunches and dinners) seemed really reasonable to me and was always lovely. Drinks are pretty expensive though.

The one odd thing about this place that I would point out is that they sell airport transfers for five times what it costs to take a taxi. I have no idea why but a taxi costs about $10 and the transfer $50. Other than that, the staff and the service were great. Lovely people, of course - as anyone who has been to Indonesia would anticipate. I don't normally stay at resorts, it's not my thing. But this place would make an amazing getaway for a week and if I can bring my family to Bali, this is definitely where we will stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business