My friend and I have just returned from an 8 nights stay at this hotel. BEST IDEA EVER!!
We stayed in a second floor premier room with twin beds overlooking the garden and duck pond, and got a great deal on one of the booking websites suggested by Tripadvisor.
The hotel is huge and very ‘Bali’. Our room was very clean and comfortable, the only thing we disliked was the lack of sound insulation from the bathroom. The separate toilet has louvers in the door for ventilation but because there are openable shutters (so you can view the room from the bath) in the bathroom wall, all sounds from the toilet can be heard loud and clear in the room. This was our only issue though. I requested a firmer pillow and extra quilts (we prefer sleeping in a cold room with heavy quilts) and housekeeping were happy to help. There are plenty of English speaking TV channels if you want to relax in your room for a while (my friend was feeling ill so she spent some time watching TV in the room to escape the midday heat, and was delighted to find a live AFL game on TV.)
I won’t talk about the annoying lack of wifi in the rooms – everyone else has already mentioned it.
Any minor issues/requests we had were dealt with immediately by staff who were always smiling and friendly. When we checked in about 3.30pm our room was still not ready. We were offered a welcome drink in the bar and after a while I politely asked if we could have a couple of complimentary beers while we waited. By then it was 4.30 though and the room was ready. Because they knew we were frustrated by the wait, when we got back to our room after dinner there were vouchers there for us to have a one hour Balinese massage each in their beautiful spa. Top marks for customer service! We were allowed a late checkout of 2pm free of charge as we had a midnight flight on our last day. After 2pm we relaxed at the beach and pool for a few hours and had a shower in their spa before heading into Bali Collection for dinner (and a 2 hour spa treatment – much cheaper than the hotel spa though maybe not as luxurious). They were more than happy to hold our luggage for us all day.
Breakfast is amazing, the best we’ve ever had at a hotel. The choices are the same every day but there are SO many choices that you can have something different every single day. And so yummy! We ate in all 4 restaurants and also had room service, and enjoyed them all. We also had some great (and cheaper) meals at Bali Collection (20 min walk along the footpath on the beach).
There was a release of newly hatched baby turtles on the hotel’s beach during our stay. The hotel is involved with turtle conservation and the guests can get involved.
The best thing about staying in this resort area within Nusa Dua is the peace and quiet compared to Kuta/Legian. We took taxis in there for shopping and some meals but were always so glad to come home to Nusa Dua where it is clean and feels very safe. We paid about 110,000 rupiah for a taxi to Legian (30-40 mins).
We are already preparing to book again for next year :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Bali’s southern peninsula, just 15 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport via the Bali Mandara toll road. The hotel has welcomed kings and queens, presidents and other dignitaries over the years. Each guestroom is decorated with authentic Balinese furnishing and offers stunning views of manicured tropical gardens or vistas of the ocean from the terrace or balcony. The 5-star Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Bali features 3 outdoor pools and direct beach access. The resort resembles a Balinese palace with complete Spa facilities, 5 Restaurants and 4 Bars, meeting rooms and an outdoor theatre. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel And Spa
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Beach Resort
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Bali