Our honeymoon included stays at the Shangri-La in Singapore, the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, and finally the Chedi Club in Ubud. Of the three hotels, Nusa Dua was the one I was most nervous about, following some of the reviews I'd read in TripAdvisor. Well, we had nothing to fear. Our experience was perfect. It probably helped that we arrived at the very start of the season (April 2013) so it was very quiet. Very few families with children and not the 'mass resort' that I feared from some reviews. If you're going to Bali to experience the try culture etc then this hotel may not be your best stop. However, if you're going to relax on the beach and have no worries about food and accommodation then you can't do much better than this. That's not to say we couldn't still explore Bali and we did so, but the hotel was a nice stress-free environment to return to each day.
The hotel is BIG. The biggest I've ever been to. It's one of a number of very large hotels along the beach, all side-by-side. You can walk along the seafront between them and use the different restaurants and bars at each. Having said that, Nusa Dua has an excellent selection of eateries - traditional european and asian. At each of these the food was faultless. It's not the cheapest way to dine in Bali but it is very convenient.
We had a Deluxe Room with a garden view. Very nice. No bath, which was a shame, but otherwise it was just what we needed. We got a glass of champagne each on arrival as a honeymoon couple and this helped us settle in. You get a balcony but, and this was the only negative of our stay, there is construction work going on to build an exhibition centre next door so we faced a tower crane and the workmen start quite early. So there was some construction noise in the morning. You don't hear this away from your room but it was slightly annoying at first and if you were to spend a lot of time in your room during the day might become quite the nuisance.
The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Almost everyone would ask us our names and where we were from and would be happy to chat.
There are sellers of clothing and other items on the beach that you expect will be annoying but in fact they are all licensed and behave well. They may approach you but a quick "No thank you" will be enough to send them on their way and they won't bother you again. The beach is immaculate and cleaned daily. The sea itself has quite a lot of seaweed growing on the bed so it's not a crystal clear blue lagoon but at high-tide you hardly notice.
Overall we loved our time at this hotel. The room, staff, pool and beach were all exactly as we had hoped and for a honeymoon couple who didn't want the stress of haggling and travelling about it was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Bali’s southern peninsula, just 15 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport via the Bali Mandara toll road. The hotel has welcomed kings and queens, presidents and other dignitaries over the years. Each guestroom is decorated with authentic Balinese furnishing and offers stunning views of manicured tropical gardens or vistas of the ocean from the terrace or balcony. The 5-star Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Bali features 3 outdoor pools and direct beach access. The resort resembles a Balinese palace with complete Spa facilities, 5 Restaurants and 4 Bars, meeting rooms and an outdoor theatre. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel And Spa
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Beach Resort
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Bali