Went in Feb 2013 with a party of 2 adults and 2 young children. Chose this hotel based on the good reviews on TA and also because they had a suitable room configuration for us. I just wanted to give a balanced review so that people do not think that all is peachy about this hotel.
As advised by some reviewers we requested for a quiet room not facing the construction site nearby as it can get noisy. The peace was especially important to us given that our 2 childen went to bed quite early in the evening. We arrived at about 3 pm and were told that our room was not yet ready, and that we had to wait for half an hour, which was not that big a deal. However, after that we were then told that the room would not be ready till 6 pm! We were offered another room, and we were assured it was not going to be noisy. Of course, when we went to this room, we realised it was facing the aformentioned construction site. We asked for another room and they then gave us a replacement room which was not the one we booked for. By this time, we were so tired and the kids were getting cranky so we just accepted the room.
The room had problems - first the air conditioner thermostat was busted, so one part of the room was super cold and the other was warm. We reported the problem and it took them 2 days to address the issue.
The coffee machine wasn't working.
After all our efforts to get a quiet room, we could still hear the construction site. On one night the workers were at it till 2am!
The rest of the hotel was more encouraging. The building perhaps was a little bit old, but it was well maintained and clean. The architecture retained a distinctive Balinese feel to it. The pools were big, the beach private, and because it was off-peak season, there were lots of space for everyone. Breakfast, although had a wide variety, was pretty much they same fare everyday so you started to get bored of it after a while.
The staff were friendly and eager to help, however they were let down by one major issue - communication. Finding an English-speaking staff member was an issue and we were often trying to guess what the staff were telling us. I think that our problems mentioned above would have been solved much more smoothly if the staff could or would just tell us what was happening. Even when we were booking the hotel, it tooks us numeorous emails and phone calls to achieve that. We requested an evening check out as we had a night flight, and, even after we specifically told reception in the morning, our key cards were blocked and we were locked out of our rooms on that afternoon.
All in all, the stay was bittersweet. Although the potential was there for a great hotel, it just didn't deliver in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Bali’s southern peninsula, just 15 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport via the Bali Mandara toll road. The hotel has welcomed kings and queens, presidents and other dignitaries over the years. Each guestroom is decorated with authentic Balinese furnishing and offers stunning views of manicured tropical gardens or vistas of the ocean from the terrace or balcony. The 5-star Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Bali features 3 outdoor pools and direct beach access. The resort resembles a Balinese palace with complete Spa facilities, 5 Restaurants and 4 Bars, meeting rooms and an outdoor theatre. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel And Spa
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Beach Resort
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Bali