My husband and I stayed here for 10 nights for our honeymoon, and I can honestly say it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen! It is surrounded by fountains and large ponds full of fish and lilies, with temple-like parts to all the buildings making it feel very special.
There are lots of restaurants and bars at the hotel, and all the staff everywhere are lovely, friendly and polite. One of the best bits is the bar in the middle of the pool, you can swim up to it anytime of the day or evening and have a cold relaxing Bintang! We ate at the hotel half the time, and the food was very good although quite expensive. For the rest of the time we ate in Nusa Dua itself, which was only a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and you’re perfectly safe walking to and from there at night together. There are lots of great little restaurants where you can eat food that’s just as good for a fraction of the hotel price so definitely recommended. If you want to go a bit further out you can get a cab from the hotel but don’t use the hotel cars, ask them to book you a Bluebird cab and you’ll save £££’s!
The rooms were really lovely, clean and very large with great bathrooms, we had a Jacuzzi bath and a double shower in ours, and the whole room had everything you could need, the laundry service was fine (nothing shrunk or lost!) and there was a huge TV/stereo/DVD player if you just felt like staying out of the sun for a lie-in.
The spa at the hotel is wonderful, with large hot tubs and cold plunge pools, they are separate for men and women but you can pay a little extra and go in a joint one, or have massages and treatments together either in the spa huts or by the beach- this was really lovely and romantic although probably a bit expensive unless you’re on your honeymoon and happy to spend the money! Nice tennis courts, where you can play for an hour and hire all the gear for only a few quid.
There are three pools at the hotel, one in the spa and then two by the main area of the hotel, both are gorgeous and very clean. Service around the pools is excellent, I would strongly recommend the homemade lemonade! We didn’t really swim in the sea very much as the pools were so nice, and also there was a warning about spiky sea urchins (and we saw loads!) so take extra flip flops to wear in the sea if you’re going to brave it. You can borrow snorkels etc from the pool bar and there’s loads of stuff to see in the sea so worth a go.
There are lots of different events going on at the hotel, the traditional Balinese meal and dancing is really good although again, a bit pricey. Afterwards you can take a great romantic walk along the beach path too to wear it off!
Overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel and resort, hardly any children there which was really nice, although it did have a good family friendly feel too. My only reservation would be the price of eating and drinking there all day every day, so I would recommend going out into the town- there are just as many lovely places to go there, and you can save your money for some scuba diving or sightseeing to the volcano, which can all be arranged through the hotel and are definitely worth making the effort to leave the gorgeous hotel surroundings for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Bali’s southern peninsula, just 15 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport via the Bali Mandara toll road. The hotel has welcomed kings and queens, presidents and other dignitaries over the years. Each guestroom is decorated with authentic Balinese furnishing and offers stunning views of manicured tropical gardens or vistas of the ocean from the terrace or balcony. The 5-star Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Bali features 3 outdoor pools and direct beach access. The resort resembles a Balinese palace with complete Spa facilities, 5 Restaurants and 4 Bars, meeting rooms and an outdoor theatre. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel And Spa
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Beach Resort
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Bali