Stayed in a Lagoon View Deluxe Room for 9 nights in July 2010.
After a long stint at the airport, getting visas and through immigration we were met by our Tour East rep and taken the 30 minute drive to Nusa Dua. We had to go through security checkpoint at the entrance to the resort and then again at the hotel.
When we arrived at the hotel a gong was sounded and 2 Balinese dancers accompanied by 3 gamelan musicians greeted us. Checking in was quick and easy. Our butler then took us to our room. It was quite late in the evening and we were a little peckish so we just ordered some food from the in room dining menu. This was delivered quickly and the standard was very good.
The room was very nice and well appointed and the bathroom had all the usual amenities. The air conditioning unit was excellent.
Breakfast was served in the Lagoon Café from 7am to 11am and had a great range of food to suit all tastes. There was an egg station for omelettes, fried, scrambled or boiled eggs, beautiful crispy streaky bacon. There was also a fruit station to peel and chop fresh fruit, make smoothies and serve juice and yoghurts. Also a station making fresh pancakes and waffles and croissants.
Asian dishes of rice etc. were also plentiful as well as good old English porridge. There was also the usual selection of breads and cheeses as well as all the beautiful pastries.
There were two main pools and the lagoon flowed all around the hotel, so there were always plenty of sunbeds available. Everywhere was very clean and the lagoons were surrounded by well manicured gardens. From the pool there was a short walk to the beach and once again this was exceptionally good and clean. There was a promenade connecting 3 hotels Laguna, its next door neighbour and then the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel.
Complimentary afternoon tea was served in the Mayang Sari restaurant.
Feel free to avail of the complimentary 24 hour butler service for tea, coffee ice etc.
As has been stated before food is very expensive in the restaurants at night so most patrons eat in the Bali Collection.
One indulgence I would recommend is to have afternoon tea in The St. Regis Resort. It is quite expensive but I think well worth the money.
Once again a great thank you to all the management and staff for making our visit memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua