The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Melia Bali(Nusa Dua)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Grand Hyatt Bali(Nusa Dua)
3,548 results
All reviewsbutler servicearwana restaurantkulkul barcornerstone delikul kul bara lagoon view roomour honeymoonlagoon accessbeach frontaccess roomwelcome drinkreal balirestaurants and barssun loungersshopping centrebeach barnice beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at the Laguna for 2 weeks - main purpose of stay was our WEDDING !!!!!!!!!!. Once we arrived after our journey of 17 hours we where met by reception who where more than welcoming and who gave our room a few hours earlier than check in which was great. The hotel is immaculate, modern, contemporary and is indeed a 5 star hotel, the service matches upto the star it has been rated. The hotel is surrounded with lagoons, waterfalls, fire laterns, Bales (places where you can lounge in luxury with a glass of wine or just to be lazy in day or night, plus you only have to pay for this during the day) every member of staff no matter what time of day always say hello, which is nice. The rooms are lovely and modern, massive bed - execptional butler who you tend to have the same person so thats a nice touch - with complementary coffees teas - biscuits and homemade chocolates - Decoration of the room with petals on the bed, bath tub, flower arrangements in the room - all very nice touches. Massive breakfast selection for £12 each, but weather too hot to eat too much in morning. We did also take a walk down to the bali collection (5 min walk or so) for a change of senery and change of choice of breakfast which can prob get for £12 between you. back to the hotel, pools gorgeous, so many choices of where you can sunbathe and swim, beach clean, a few hawkers (but these are only contracted to go near our hotels and no where else, you soon get used to them ) had a great boat trip for 2 to see the turtles and other animals for about £25 you need to haggle. Had drinks on the beach from hotel - coke around £3.50 beer £6 and bottle of wine £50 - yes expensive, so we brought drinks from our room down to beach and got some also from bali collection where supermarket, think alot of people did this. Burger and chips bout £10 but you get a lot for your money and well worth it !!!!!!!!!!! you are after all on a luxury trip !!!!!!!!! We ate out mostly at nite at the bali collection, loads of restaurants, all very good, no upset tummys. you can also get reki for about £7 for 30 mins, or if you walk into nusa dua get for £5 and other cheap beauty treatments. back to hotel spa is amazing, treatments looked great too not overly expensive and something you wouldnt get back home. They arranged Nightly entertainment with Balinese dancing and beautiful buffets for about £20 each. This is for benefit of anybody wanted to thinking to getting married abroad or at this hotel. Our wedding day was after a week of being there as had to sort out wedding paperwork was amazing. My morning with spent sunbathing with my partner, then off to the spa to have my nails and hair done all done beautifully. The wedding co-ordinator and Photographer and DVD man couldnt be faulted, they did a story book of the day starting from our room to the evening. I had to balinese flower girls who accompanied me down to where we where married in a marble gazebo, covered in beautiful flowers and pink petals down the isle. There was enough cake for all my family and to last us the last week of our holiday it was amazing, our wedding pictures where beautiful with the day ending having champers etc eating our wedding cake overlooking the sea !!!!!!! what could be better. This hotel and the staff couldnt of looked after us any better, I would like to say this is the best hotel me and my Husband has ever stayed at and we stay at luxury hotels majority of times as im fussy !!!!! Food/drinks on pricey side but as said before 5 star, luxury what do you expect, plus was our wedding once in lifetime. We would love to return to this hotel but may be some time. Just a little note Kuta is about 30 min taxi drive also loads of shops, plenty of restaurants including buba gump !!!! amazing good!!!!!! great beach, great sunset pictures, have your walking shoes on lots to see and do. Go to jimbaran beach in taxi for sea food, loads of restaurants on all beach, spoilt for choice. Holiday rate 10/10 we appreicate a beautiful hotel, the people and its culture.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank siggy1
Reviewed September 13, 2009

This was my third stay at this property - other occasions when still known as "Sheraton Laguna" so had been quite a while, and what a difference management makes!

As a Starwood property, one would naturally expect service and overall standards to be high - and on my other two stays this was the case, although there was nothing which would have made the property stand-out over any of the other Nusa Dua Resorts. Everything happened in a "technically correct" manner, but with little warmth or personality being demonstrated on the part of the Resort's staff. On the latter of these two visits, my itinerary required that I move from Sheraton Laguna to Nusa Dua Beach Resort & Spa in a Palace Club Room. where I found the staff and general ambience to be much more warm and personal.

On this visit - although the Buildings, Grounds and magnificent Lagoon Pools were as I had remembered them, that's where any relationship to my previous visits ended and a whole new experience awaited me! A "wind of change" in the form of The Laguna's exceptional General Manager David Cuddon and his equally competent Assistant Douglas, has swept through The Laguna.

My stay of two nights - from the time I was met by the smiling "Airport Greeter" and my driver on arrival from Jakarta at Ngurah Rai Airport, until I alighted from The Laguna's Black Mercedes Limousine thee days later - was faultless.

I was met kerbside at The Laguna by David and Douglas and escorted to my Suite (upgrade from Deluxe Garden View Room) where a staff member was waiting to handle my check-in. The ex-hotelier in me always means that my first thing on entering any hotel room is to conduct a full inspection of facilities and housekeeping standards; although interrupted by stops to sample the "House-Made" Cookies and Pralines which are provided, I could find nothing about which to complain. Everything was immaculate and well-presented.

Unfortunately, this was a business trip so little time to experience the Resort's facilities - except for a few walks around the magnificent grounds and along the Beach Pathway.

The Butler (all rooms/suites have personal Butler Service) assisted me to set-up my laptop on the Work Table located in the Bedroom and connect to the Resort's Broadband (Nett Rp. 145,000 per full-day). After working for a couple of hours, I called the Butler to have some clothes pressed (3 items "light pressing" also included) for a function I was attending that evening. He said "Mr Les, you have been working very hard since you arrived, would you like me to bring you a coffee?". During my stay, the Butler on duty seemed to have the ability to predict what I would need.

On the following morning - I realised I had not asked in which Restaurant breakfast was being served. I asked a staff member working poolside adjacent to my suite - but instead of directing me to the Restaurant, he personally escorted me there; during the walk he took time to enquire about my stay - if I was enjoying myself - and if there was anything which I needed to make my stay perfect. This was the attitude of each staff member with whom I came into contact during my stay. Not once was I passed by a Resort staff member without them taking the time to smile and greet me.

I would be really surprised if there is anybody, regardless of their personal tastes, who would not be impressed by the range of dishes - Western, Indonesian, Japanese - offered on the Buffet, right down to the Menu on each table offering a selection from 14 different Teas! Service on the two mornings I was there was absolutely impeccable. Putra the Restaurant Manager stopped by my table to introduce himself - remembered me from a previous visit - and shortly returned with a plate of sliced fresh mango "this is not on the Buffet this morning but I thought you may enjoy it". On the second and final morning of my stay, Putra was not on the Restaurant floor when I arrived for breakfast. He saw me about to leave and insisted that I wait a few minutes so he could once more prepare mango and put in a box for me to take back to my suite.

I was also fortunate to be a guest at a Luncheon for a visiting tourism identity, so had a chance to experience the Ballroom Catering Standards at The Laguna which were as expected, faultless and world-class in every respect.

With my commitments I did not have time to experience any of The Laguna's Food & Beverage Outlets apart from Breakfast and the Complimentary Afternoon Tea to which I arrived right on closing-time but was still seated and provided with an individual serve of Coffee and Cakes. I had quite expected that I would be told that "service was complete" - but not at The Laguna! I ordered a late-night Pizza on day two; it was served well within the "promised maximum 30 minutes or it is free" - Great Pizza on well-presented Tray with Fresh Flower and Iced water.

Of course, nothing will ever be perfect. I noted in a post-stay comment that although Drinking Water in Bathroom was in glass bottles with Crown Seals, there was no opener to be found apart from in the Living Room's Mini Bar. I received a prompt personal reply from the General Manager David Cuddon advising that "he had quietly taken-up this matter with his housekeeping team and was sure that this had now been rectified".

The fact that a "missing bottle opener" was the sole problem I encountered in a stay which extended over three days, speaks volumes for The Laguna's standards.

David Cuddon refers to The Laguna's staff as "his Ambassadors" - which they undoubtetly are!! A truly memorable experience for me, which I hope to soon repeat - but next time I have promised myself that there will be "no work - just enjoying all The Laguna has to offer".

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank OzinJakarta
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed 4 nights in the Laguna in the beginning of September.
We had an absolute amazing time and the resort is just incredible. The staff is wonderful and makes sure your stay is just perfect. We really appreciated the hospitality and cant wait come back.
Nina and Shane

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidayholic84
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have just got back from a fantastic 2 week honeymoon at the Laguna. The hotel was everything we wanted it to be and more. It was not too busy, a stunning setting with immaculate hotel grounds and a fantastic beach - that you could never get bored of looking at.
The staff were tremendous, nothing was ever too much for them. We have stayed at a lot of hotels and I can honestly say the Laguna has it all. We heard many staff comment that this is the best hotel in Nusa Dua and I believe they were very right.
We are planning to hopefully go back to Bali and stay at the Laguna for a future anniversary.
Only downside - the wine and alcoholic beverages were very pricey!
Advice:
Book for the Wakka land trip - it shows you the REAL Bali minus the various shopping stops.
Go to the Spa - gorgeous treatments
Make sure you dine at Mayang Sari - amazing food and brilliant staff
BOOK LAGUNA TODAY!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsHopper
Reviewed September 4, 2009

The best and most welcoming staff I have ever experienced. From the General Manager, the reservations staff, the housekeeping staff, the restaurant staff, the room service staff, the butlers, the gardeners, the pool cleaners - ALL went above the call of duty to make our stay the best we've experienced in the last 16 years, at the same resort.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple