3,810 results
All reviewsbutler servicearwana restaurantkulkul barcornerstone delikul kul bara lagoon view roomour honeymoonlagoon accessbeach frontaccess roomsun loungerswelcome drinkreal balishopping centrebeach barnice beachlow tide
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I spent 3 nights at the laguna and was truly impressed.Yes, the hotel is beautiful and has lush, landscaped gardens that are tranquil and peaceful. The Laguna, true to its name, is surrounded by huge pools and lagoons and one never gets the feeling of overcrowding, unlike some larger hotels.It opens up to the beachfront so sun- seekers have the choice of pool or beach. I found an early morning walk by the sea at sunrise folowed by a complimentary yoga class to be a soul- cleansing and blissful affair.

What makes a stay at the laguna so special however is the genuine care and concern shown by the staff who spare no effort to please their guests and to create a memorable experience. Staff remember your name and and are more than happy to assist to make one's stay special. A Balinese taxi driver i chatted with during a tour remarked that the laguna was renowned in Bali for its service, a reputation it well deserves.

Finally , i really appreciated the little well planned and meticulous touches that showed a culture intent on personalising one stays.Like asking what fruits one likes for the fruit basket. Delicious complimentary cookies ( that were changed every day)and fresh tea and coffee a phonecall away.Complimentary afternoon tea at a restaurant. A program of activities including childrens activites.Little frills that are welcome and make one's day.

Would i return and stay there again? Yes, in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank MCRsgp
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2009

Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience at The Laguna with other TripAdvisor viewers.

We are excited to learn that you throughly enjoyed your journey at our Resort and that early morning walk and sunrise yoga cleanse your soul and made you ready to start a new day.

I am also happy to learn that our Laguna Ambassadors took very care of you and thank you for appreciating our efforts of those meticulous touches that showed a culture intent on personalising your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and intimacy of The Laguna in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

I was one of the guest who attended the wedding party of Azmin and Deene's at the Laguna on Jun 20. I have to say I was so amazed with the beauty of this hotel. The party was good, except for the bartender as he was the only one serving all 30 of us after the party.. So we had to repeat our orders many many times just to make sure he gets our drink but who could blame him.. I just feel that at such a nice hotel, you should have at least 2 bar tenders and one person to clear up the glasses away that filled up all the tables.
Overall I liked the hotel.. the pool was nice.. I personally liked the huge shower by the pool that I could cool myself after a mornings walk around Nusa Dua beach.
Am planning another trip to Bali and this time with my wife this coming August.. Would love to stay in this hotel again.. but would like to check other hotels like the Ayana in Jimbaran just to compare.
Would recommend this place for the newly weds and family with children.. I was there alone the last was quite lonely if it wasn't was the wedding party. The food was nice but not many choices to choose from so there is room to improve on that.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2009

Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for staying with us recently during the wedding of Azmin & Deene and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your journey at The Laguna and thank you for recommending our Resort.

I have personally brought up your feedback about the Bartender in charge during the event and the improvement of our culinary line in our meeting, we appreciate your valuable comment as through this we will be able to improve our experience delivery to our guests.

We do hope you will return with your wife in August and kindly contact my office directly so I can personally ensure that your next experience with us is a perfect one.

Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the Laguna in early April.I mainly went ,based on reviews from this site.I was blown away at Laguna.It really is a luxuary hotel in every way possible.To make it easier I will categorize my findings.
1)staff were professional,friendly and could not do enough for you. I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager ,David,he greated us apon arrival at the resort who does that???I was most impressed.We also got to meet Douglas the assistant manager.Both gentlemen were highly professional and lovely any queries we had they attempted to assist .Thank you both.

2)Pools ...well fantastic does not come close to the amazing pools ,you never felt crowded.Spotless pools.The gardens were straight from the garden of Eden well manicured and attended to daily (it shows).Restaurants fantastic did not eat elsewhere.
3)Rooms..well appointed spacious although we had to get another bed for our daughter so it did feel a tad crowded.Maybe next time we will spalsh out and stay in a suite..
4)check in/out flawless welcomed with cool tea and soothing face clothes.
It is the little things that you notice ALL staff seemed happy no grumps,furniture rooms clean ,hugh flat screen tv with DVD already in place, room service promt ,food presented very well.This is not a cheap resort to stay at, however I would not go anywhere else in Bali You do get what you pay for I debated between Westin/Intercontinental/the conrad.I did get a chance to visit a few others and I am SO GLAD that we made the right choice.I have become a starwood member so I know where I will be choosing to go on my next hoilday. I did want to mention the massage fantastic thank you ladies especially Irenea.
I would not hesitate to recommend this gorgous resort I had a blast here TERIMAKASI.
Donna (from Melbourne)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DONNAAUSTRALIA

Dear Donna

Greetings from your home away from home The Laguna!

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about our Resort and sharing your recent experience with us.

I am very happy to learn that our Ambassadors took very good care of you and family and that you had a flawless journey right from the arrival to the day of your departure.

Donna, on behalf of all ambassadors, we very much look forward to welcoming you and family back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The Laguna in the not too distant future.

Exceptionally yours

Reviewed April 18, 2009

We recently enjoyed our second stay at the Laguna resort. We had a lagoon access room again (This time in duplex room which I highly recommend). We felt that we were the only ones at the resort at times as the lagoons are so expansive and peaceful.
The grounds and public areas are immaculate and and beautiful and the rooms clean and spacious.
The staff were happy to do all they could for us and showed a a high degree of caring and professionalism when we were confronted with a "drama" just prior to checkout and our flight home. Three senior members of staff were in our room in no time and did all they could to help us in a friendly and timely manner.
A special thankyou to the front office Manager who not only sorted this out but on previous occasions greeted me and and attended to my query before I even got to the Reception desk.
This is our favourite resort in Bali.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LVM55

Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from your home away from home The Laguna!

Thank you for sharing your second stay experience at The Laguna on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your credits to the Resort's grounds and public areas, as well as the rooms and our Ambassadors.

I have passed on your comment to our Front Office Manager whom feels really proud knowing that his effort to exceed your expectation is recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third experience and to ensuring your next journey is once again flawless and enriching.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

I am still scratching my head as to what exactly that "the luxury collection" tagline embodies - I know at US$250 a night it does not mean value for money, so could it be the shabby bathrooms that allegedly had undergone a luxurious renovation a few years ago? or the mildew smelling bedrooms with luxuriously crinkled sheets? or the broken but other luxurious Sony digital clock? or the massive queue outside the luxurious breakfast place every morning? I will let you know the breakfast served on 9 April was not fit for human consumption let alone luxurious - 10 April was better if you could find somewhere to sit that is. I don't mind paying US$250 a night for three rooms for three nights at this luxurious hotel and still being told you wouldn't post a postcard for me for free, but I do feel obliged to let people know the "luxury collection" is an luxurious misrepresentation.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Navitimer1881
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

Dear our Valued Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Laguna Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I understand you had a less than journey at The Laguna in regards to the accommodation and breakfast experience during Easter holiday and for that I deeply apologize.

Your feedback is very much appreciated in order for us to review our products and services so that the next time you stay with us, we will be able to provide you with a distinctive and enriching experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when your travel plans bring you back to Bali and The Laguna, I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is perfect one.

Yours sincerely