My husband and I stayed at the Laguna for one week in April, 09. This Sheraton "Luxury" hotel certainly lived up to it's reputation and rating. The hotel and grounds are beautiful with waterfalls, lagoons, tropical plants; the beach is very nice with very few vendors trying to sell things. Security is top notch, not only entering Nusa Dua but also entering the hotel grounds and along the beach. We dined at all three restaurants and the meals were delicious and well presented. Above all this, THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING from arrival at the hotel to departure! Everyone was so friendly and accomodating.
We had reserved a lagoon access room, and after one day, decided the room was too humid for our comfort. The manager Parsika sent maintenance to completely check the air conditioning system, followed up personally with us to see if we were satisfied and personally showed us three other rooms for us to select. We decided on the Laguna suite, which was a fabulous two room suite on the second floor overlooking the lagoon and waterfalls. The 24 hour butler service is a definate plus for the resort and the complimentary afternoon tea is lovely.
The Ocean Lagoon restaurant has nightly dinner specials and dining on the beach is very romantic - food was delicious and well presented. We dined at the Mayang Sari restaurant the night before we left and wished we had dined there earlier. The food was wonderful and we selected a table overlooking the waterfall-lagoon, the evening was very special. It is also great that you can visit the sister property next door, Westin, and charge to your room at Laguna. Westin has a wonderful Japanese restaurant with cooking tables - the food was delicious.
We particularly enjoyed late evening cocktails at the Sands Bar, sitting on the beach listening to live music with the moon shining over the ocean.
Another plus is the location of Laguna - among a group of very nice resort hotels, there is a beach sidewalk connecting all the hotels and we took advantage of evening walks along the beachfront. About 10 minutes walk from Laguna is the Bali Collection, a very nice shopping/restaurant complex that is great for dinner, lunch, souvenir shopping, etc. The hotel offers an hourly shuttle service as well, which is very nice.
If you are going to Bali, I highly recommend Laguna and Nusa Dua. Day trips to other parts of the island are readily available and the hotel will book drivers for you. It's the BEST place to stay in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua