Overall we had a nice relaxing experience after 2 weeks traveling between Thailand and Indonesia for our honeymoon but there was some negative points as well especially that the service did not meet our expectations and even less as SPG members.
First we were asked to wait in a sofa in the hall while someone at the desk was managing our reservation. We had book for 5 nights in a superior room and 1 night in a suit with our SPG points to end well our honeymoon trip. When we told the girl at the desk that we were SPG members and it was our honeymoon so if they could do something it would have been lovely, she did not even care and said OK when we'll give you your room, we will give you a honeymoon king od package. Ok fine we'll see what it is. Then we had to wait an hour before we could access to our room. Meanwhile we had a walk to see the hotel facilities and I had an impressive nose bleed because of the heat. People form our hotel did not care and it was some staff from the Conrad who gave me tissues and a glass of water. But not felling too good we head back to the reception after 45 minutes asking for our room because I did not feel well. But we had to wait again and again. Finally we had the key to our room. Room was nice and spacious. But no special attention for us. I started to feel a little bit disappointed. Then someone knock at our door giving us the "honeymoon package". I thought this was a joke … They gave us bath flowers and some other things for the bath... Ok but still waiting for at least a bottle of Prosecco - how could I believe that they were going to upgrade our room... This we often had in our many trips but apparently not for this special occasion. And the woman manager was really not very nice and flexible about anything.
But overall we had a nice stay - pool areas are amazing - nothing similar around - even if wonder what is the impact of all this water for the environment... It’s very clean and service by the pools is very good!
Beach is stunning for Bali - clear water and white sand. If you are a good swimmer you swim to the reef (be careful it can be dangerous with the waves, current and tide).
Hard to find a sunbed – there are many but there is no rule and people come and put their towels when they woke up and never put them back even thou they only spend 1 hour by the beach.
But if you do not have your snorkeling equipment don’t rent it (yes it's not free) at the hotel - better to walk 5 minutes and you will be able to buy your equipment for the price of one day location...
Food was very good especially the ARAWANA restaurant at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua