The Laguna is your typical high-end big box resort. The common areas are absolutely stunning and service is polished and always comes with a smile. The hotel is situated quite a ways away from the main tourist zone of Seminyak and Kuta (about an hour by taxi) but if you are looking to venture out for a meal, there are some decent options in Nusa Dua town.
In addition to the fact the rooms are a bit tired and drinks are extremely pricey (average $17), my other criticism was that the hotel allowed guests to hog prime sun loungers by putting down their books/towels really early in the morning. They claimed to police it but really did not, so we ended up having to lay on the ground one day. Not cool! It's also worth noting that, even though we booked our hotel directly through spg, we realized upon checkin that breakfast was not included, even though it was included through every other major travel site... A bit of a sting considering our loyalty to the brand.
Overall a pleasant stay but not one that would yearn for a return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua