“just about faultless”

Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Ipswich
“just about faultless”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here for a week at the beginning of May 2014. Check in was a relaxed affair and the butler took us to the room and explained the amenities. There is a personal 24/7 butler service which is free including tea and coffee to the room. Wifi is free and accessible everywhere on the resort. The amenities are superb and the gym is fantastic. The food is very reasonable priced and it's hard to fault this resort and hotel. I thoroughly recommend it. Well done the management who have obviously listened to their customers and created an ideal relaxing spa and hotel.

Room Tip: if you choose a ground floor room, you can access the pools directly from your balcony ! If you want...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank cleversod
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Cleversod,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to lean that you had a memorable experience from the day you checked in until departed our shores. Your nice review is highly appreciated and we are happy to learn that we have contributed in some small ways to making your stay a wonderful one.

Thank you for recommending our resort to other reviewers and we do hope that your vivid experience with us will bring you back here in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 11, 2014

It is amazing how one senior staff member of this excellent property can instantly destroy otherwise a wonderful experience in The Laguna Hotel.

Stayed there for 5 nights in April and 2 nights in May (2014).

Positives
Good location, beautiful property, comfortable rooms, terrific breakfast buffet, great polite and responsive staff

Negatives
Well, there is only one - the duty manager, who basically showed me a middle finger (figuratively speaking) all while smiling. I asked her for the reason why she had suspected me of being some sort of thief/criminal the day before when I approached the reception because my key would not work. Oh boy, the attitude she gave me while explaining the reason can only be described as a "virtual middle finger". I do understand the security measures that hotel might have put in place, but my mere questioning the reason should not have been met with this kind of attitude! A clear sign of a person who should not be in customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank irrawaddyhnl
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear irrawaddyhni,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologize if the service our associate at Front Office department did not live up to your expectation. I would like to assure you that this feeling is not an indicative of the normal level of service that we are maintaining so far and I have personally spoken to department concerned to re-look into this and consequently will share your feedback with their team for their review and improvements.

Further, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback in regards to our rooms, facilities, breakfast, and staff and we do hope that despite your disappointment, we are still allowed to welcome you back to our Resort in the near future.

Sincerely yours

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

After seven days of diving in Lembeh Strait, we were ready to relax on the beach!

This hotel was very nice and luxurious; I loved the open lobby area and all of the lush plants and flowers. The hotel grounds are kept up with an eye for detail. It was super quite and peaceful at the resort too. I loved eating breakfast on our balcony and having direct access to the lagoon pools.

We only stayed 4 days in Bali, but we were able to pack in beach time, exploration of the area surrounding The Laguna, and a day trip to some Temples and the Monkey Forest. I received one of the best pedicures at the Spa and was pleasantly surprised because I am pretty picky about people touching my feet. My husband and I also enjoyed a couple's massage that included a foot soak ritual. It was super relaxing and just what we needed before departing Bali.

Glad that I finally made it to Bali and I would definitely go in the future to see and explore more of the island!

Room Tip: Get a Lagoon Access Room! You can get into the pool right from your balcony!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Nordette,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for nice review regarding our Resort, grounds, and spa service and we are more than pleased to learn that we have contributed in some small ways to making you stay a peaceful and memorable one.

We do hope your nice impression of our resort will bring you back here in the near future.

Amsterdam
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would like to start by saying I am pretty annoyed at the fact I did not manage to retrieve on the website where I did the booking the review I had done a few days ago. Maybe, I forgot to submit, or maybe it did not look good in the middle of the good reviews other customers posted. Anyway, I think my review could be quite short for once and would have the title "Avoid room 142 at all costs (literally)". Normally, I would tell you that I quite liked the breakfast, the fitness room and the sauna, but instea I just can tell you room 142, was aged, dark, small, smelly, oppressing. I was lucky to stay in 3 different 5-star hotels during my recent stay in Bali and simply put, Laguna is the only one I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Well, I think you got my idea: Avoid 142 :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank MaBoyOmar
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear MaBoyOmar,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Firstly we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced whilst staying with us due to the condition of our room. We are pleased to let you know that we already have finished two Mock up rooms and are expecting a full renovation latest next year.

Once again our apology and thank you for your gift of feedback since we are always looking for ways to improve our resort and service. We do hope that your concerns will not prevent you from visiting our hotel again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa, Bali

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was only able to stay 1.5days, but they were a great 1.5days. I've read reviews that say the hotel is outdated, but the only thing I found outdated was the carpet in the hallways. And who cares about that. My room was great, the food was tastey, and the beach was perfect. I was able to lay out on the beach and enjoy the sun and the staff were very helpful in bringing me towels and lunch menus. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KristinaE123
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear KristinaE123,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your nice review regarding our Resort, facilities, and service and we are more than pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope your pleasant and memorable experience will bring you back here in the near future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The overall staying at the Laguna is pleasant, where my mind got totally immersed in the Balinese essence. The setting of the resort is so mind-blowing that excites people from time to time. Especially my and my wife rent bikes to take a round trip along the seashore, and definitely the Laguna stands out among luxurious resorts in Nusa Dua.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ninjakick,

Warmest wishes from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

We really appreciate your nice review regarding our Resort, grounds, and facilities. It is pleasing to learn that every aspect of your stay has met your expectation and we really hope that you will return to our Resort whenever your travel plan brings you back to this paradise island.

Dublin
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is an excellent hotel in an excellent location!

We were welcomed at the hotel promptly in the most beautiful reception. We were served cold towels and cooling refreshments as our check-in was being processed. We had booked two rooms and it was a nice touch to give us the rooms on the same floor, and a lovelier touch to find an array of local fruit awaiting us in each room with bottles of water. There was a wonderful sound of the waves on the beach from our balcony. The other room came with a rollaway bed which was put in expertly and without the feel of an overcrowded room. The rooms were spacious and comfortable but may soon need refurbishment.

There were several outdoor swimming pools in the hotel, hence its name. We spent most of our time sightseeing around Bali and so it was refreshing to go for a midnight swim which would not be possible otherwise in Europe. There is also a private beach which is quiet and serene unlike the ones in Kuta. Guests can stroll down the beach front, which also joins the neighbouring hotels.

The Kulkul bar is great for watching the sunset in your bikini/towel/robe while making the most of their Happy Hour. I love how they give you little nibbles with your order of drinks!

Guests have a choice of two restaurants to dine in for breakfast. They served a typical array international selection but the flavour is bordering on average.The juices served were very watered down! The Cornerstone Deli sold jars of sambal which we took a liking to during our trip. The staff were very accommodating to get the chef to make a fresh batch on the day of our departure so it was the freshest possible.

We didn't have dinner there but had reservations for Dulang at the St. Regis one night. The hotel was very good in organizing transportation for us. I would reccommend it.

If swimming is not your thing, there is also morning yoga, a fabulous gym, spa, tennis and a pool table on site.

The security seems a little daunting but if it's necessary I am all for it! However, not once did we ever feel threatened or unsafe during our whole holiday. In fact everyone was terribly friendly and laid back.

My other gripe would be the traditional dancers at the reception to welcome new guests. Someone needs to give them more direction because they seem a little clueless when to start or stop. Most of the time they'd be standing there in their costumes idle. It is a lovely touch but only if done right. The same goes for the Luxury Collection Concierge. They were great at checking-in but we had to ring them more than once to have our clothes pressed.

Room Tip: Pool-access rooms may be too noisy for us.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayBurns
thelagunabali, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear MayBurns,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

We really appreciate your very positive feedback regarding all aspects of our Resort and we are pleased to learn that everything we offered you along your stay has met your expectation.

Your constructive feedback regarding our staffs is highly appreciated for our review and improvement and we do hope your nice expression will bring you back here in the near future.