Although the staff is friendly and the grounds are pretty, the rooms are simply bad: they have an awful, rotten, smell and they are dark with old furniture. We upgraded to a laguna access room but we spent a minimum of time inside. Because of the smell, we took our showers at the fitness room (which was clean and smelled fresh).The balcony is tiny and you have no privacy: both by passers and neighbours can very well see you in the room and on the small terrace. Also the ceiling is terribly low as taller people will notice quickly.
I am happy we only stayed at this hotel 2 nights, the remaining 10 nights we tried fantastic hotels in Ubud (Uma by Como) and Pan Pacific, in Tanah Lot. Laguna was the worst of them all and the downside of our holidays in Bali.. Staying 12 nights in those smelly,dark rooms would have been a real discomfort..
We also disliked the fact there were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. We had initially booked without breakfast, but decided to negotiate it and I must admit the final price was truly excellent. The price, not the breakfast itself: although the food was good, the capuccino was made out of cheap, undrinkable powder.
The beach is clean, but there is a lot of weed in the water and it's not very pleasant to swim.
Unfortunately, the staff's friendliness could not compensate for all the negatives.Neither could the beautiful spa and the fitness room. Nusa Dua offers a lot of options in the same price range, and I would recommend to try elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua