We stayed at The Laguna for four nights. The first room we got was hot and musty, the room and hallway reeked of cigarette smoke, and the room did not seem "ready" for occupancy, ie the slippers were not laid out ready for use and no welcome fruits were on the table. We noticed this because we booked two rooms and the other room next door was noticeably different, having all that was missing from our room.
The hotel staff, however, was very helpful and accomodating and ensured we got a more acceptable room in a different wing and floor.
The room was clean, comfortable, great air conditioning, nice bed, free wifi. Can't fault it. The bathroom was also good and spacious, although getting in and out of the huge tub/shower can be dangerous. I always had a sigh of relief after safely getting out of that shower/tub.
Overall service at the restaurants was helpful, courteous and pleasant, except for the first morning when one waitress was quite rude until we complained about her attitude; she eventually apologized. Sad to say, she improved a lot when she heard us speaking in English. Plenty of choices in the buffet with good taste but there was a significant reduction in the buffet on our last day, a Friday. We inquired about this and were informed that only the placement of dishes was changed, but we all noticed the lesser number of dishes. Still enough to choose from, just less of them.
Overall, the hotel is what one would expect from a luxury hotel. I was not overly impressed but I was not disappointed either. It's a good hotel to stay in. Quite comfortable. However, given a choice on a subsequent trip for the same area between the Laguna and the Westin right next door, I would stay at the Westin. They had more updated rooms with a good layout and a safer bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua