I decided to give Bali a try during a business trip to Jakarta. We had only 2 days and wanted to splurge in a resort. Happy we chose La Laguna. Not sure it's a chain (given the reference to a "collection"). Anyway, my friend picked it, and just like the one where we'd stayed in Ubud, this one was also a winner. This is what I call "luxury", not like a "Luxury" villa that I rented in Seychelles for 8 days and left after 2 nights. This one, from the minute you enter the reception area, you know there was NO misrepresentation (I'm saying this because I recently reviewed a place in Seychelles and labeled it a "misrepresentation; and Tripadvisor went thru some back and forth with me, demanding proof I had really stayed there). I wish Tripadvisor would probe for ALL reviews, not just negative ones.
Any, at the Laguna, it was true to perfection and the pictures barely do justice to the place.
If you don't like beaches, but are in Nusa Dua, give the place a try, even if only for the breakfast: the dishes were delicious, and there's enough varieties to satisfy every palate.
The 2 minor complaints I had were these: 1) the place was so huge, we kept getting lost when going back to our rooms. However, by getting lost, we'd uncover another area of the property that we hadn't yet visited. And 2) the breakfast area is large and has lots of patrons in the morning; so the waiting staff gets pretty busy, especially if some patrons are not taking the buffet, but ordering "a la carte". I was the buffet breakfast in my room package, so went for the whole thing But given the large number of patrons eating in the morning, if you need something that is not right on the buffet counter, but has to be brought to you, you coul wait forever: The first morning, I asked one waitress for some tobasco. Never got it; (and actually never saw the waitress again); then I asked a waiter; and he too disappeared and never came back my way. The following morning, to avoid the same thing, I grabbed one of the waiters, asked him for the tobasco, and though he said he was going to get it for me and I could go back to my table, I went and stood near the door leading in the kitchen... LOL. He still took his time, but at least he did come back.
Aside from this little incident, the staff around the hotel is courteous and always greeting you. They go out of their way to welcome you (and also practice their english...LOL). I think each one of those who stroke a conversation with me asked me where I was from and how I'd come to Nusa Dua, and to tell me what attractions I must visit.
Our bathroom had a separate tub and shower, and our balcony overlooked the lagoon that goes around the property. This is a really well-designed property: every corner of it is beautiful.
We had a room that was on the 2nd floor, but those on the ground floor must be better, because they've got the lagoon right at the edge of their balcony.
Outside of the fact that we were getting lost very often, I have nothing negative to say about the place. I was using my cheap phone to take the pics. Though they look good, the reality is 10 times better. Go on, you won't regret it.
When we were there, the sand didn't look as white as on the hotel's site, and the sea was brownish. I guess it was because it had rained a lot the night before. But we didn't spent any real time at the beach during our 2 days in Nusa Dua.
We didn't eat much in the place, except a late snack the night we arrived. But the prices were on the steep side, but not too expensive. Anyway, one shouldn't expect a place like this to offer cheap meals either. So, if you want to save money, get a package deal that includes breakfast. After a copious breakfast in the morning, you can head out for sight-seeing and have lunch and dinner while out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua