Spent 3 weeks at the Sheraton Laguna from mid October to early November. This was our 7th return visit, but the first time we travelled to Bali in October. The weather was fantastic, we had 21 days of sunshine and the only rain was 2 showers at night. The hotel, although now over 20 years old has maintained a very high standard in regard to the rooms, but in particular to the grounds, pool and beach. While the rooms do need a little upgrade, we understand that has commenced and it will be interesting to see how the rooms look when renovated. It was pleasing to see that Management has obviously listened to guest reviews with some welcome changes. Happy hour at the Kul Kul bar is now from 6pm to 7pm and again from 10pm to 11pm. It was so pleasing to see guests at both happy hours enjoying the view from the Kul Kul bar and the entertainment. Similarly the new policy of net pricing (no ++ on your meals and drinks) appears to have worked in keeping more guests at the hotel. We have been to this hotel on 7 occasions and this was the first time that we could see guests, in numbers, eating and drinking at the hotel. Congratulations to the former Hotel Manager, Mark van Leeuwen for the improvements and we wish him well in regard to his new position in China.
One minor matter that we noticed was that the pool and bar staff did not wear hats or sunglasses and we were told that it was hotel policy that they should not. We noticed during a visit to the W Hotel (also a Starwood Property) that the staff there had hats and sunglasses. We understand that it might be hotel policy for staff to have eye contact with guests, however, surely in the heat and glare and for staff welfare, it would not be unreasonable to allow staff who in work in the direct sunlight to have sun glasses and hats. Of course they can remove the sun glasses when speaking to guests.
As far as the quality of the food is concerned, it is very good at the Cornerstone Deli if you want a quick snack, eg sandwich, shushi, ice cream etc and similarly the buffet breakfast has and was up to the usual high standard. As far as the quality of the food at Arwana is concerned, we feel it could be better for a 5 star resort. I had ordered an Australian Tenderloin and asked for it to be cooked medium rare and sadly it was tough and well done. Apart from that, the staff are wonderful and special mention to Ketut (Chief Baker) for the gluten free bread that was brought to our table every morning for my wife and all the staff at Bunyu Buru and around the pool.
Will be coming back, its is our second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua