Overall an ok experience. Went for a holiday with my girlfriend, a special occasion since it was her birthday. Stayed for 5 nights courtesy of SPG points. Got an upgrade to a lagoon access junior suite which was quite spacious.Unfortunately, the suite smelled strongly of mildew, and I had to have them freshen the place up daily, which they did promptly and without reminding (kudos to the staff). Not so great was the fact that they used a very artificial smelling air freshener instead of something more natural. Overall that sort of sums up the hotel; it is nicely renovated, very complete, and has a great set of facilities, but some of the small things just aren't quite right for a luxury collection hotel. Restaurants were ok - the free breakfast was appreciated, but somewhat lacking in variety if you are staying more than a few days.
The spa experience was similarly mixed; we did a moonlight massage recommended by the hotel, and it was mediocre from a quality perspective, but more oddly, was conducted in an extremely non-private setting. Some people may be ok stripping down in an only semi-screened gazebo, but we certainly were not among that group of people. Overall, very expensive massage by Balinese standards for an indifferent experience.
Beach and pool were both nice, beachside bar was good, and service staff (butler, driver, concierge) were all excellent. They really save the experience and make up for the other weaknesses of the place. Would have been much more unhappy if they hadn't done such a good job overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua