We just had our second stay at the Laguna for 5 nights after spending the first 4 nights at the Samaya in Seminyak.
Before you book in Bali you need to know what your looking for. Want a heap of restaurants, shopping, busy beach front (pretty polluted though) and Kuta is a bit down wind? Then Seminyak is a good start. If your looking for a nice rest, or a place to take the kids where they can swim in relative safety and have heaps of pool fun then Nusa Dua is better.
There are many hotel / resorts and we stayed originally at the Laguna, the next trip the St Regis (which has better restaurants but a crappy beach with a lot of rocks). This last trip back to the Laguna. The beach is not surf so you can lay in the water which is clean and warm. The resort has more pools than most, even kids pools with sandy beaches.
The buffet restaurant is OK but their restaurant on the beach is better. Just remember you can take a cab ride for a few bucks to any of the other hotels restaurants. Two to try are Kyaputi at the St Regis (not cheap but really nice) and the new huge hotel the Mulia which has an awesome buffet. At USD35 per person it is good value.
Getting back to the Laguna, they have a great gym looking out at one of the pools through a waterfall and brand new and well appointed spa which for a hotel was reasonably priced with all the latest techniques and equipment. Their product range is Babor
They have a few bars, one on the beach and aside from laying on a lounge chair on the beach or by one of the pool, they have many Bales (gazebos) you can hire on a daily basis to lay near the beach or the pool in total comfort. Mind you you need to have a love affair with squirrels to enjoy a Bale. The Bali squirrels which I thought were so cute and tiny but which my wife was convinced were about to carry her off, will sit with you hoping for a bit of food which they will happily take from your hand. Fun for the kids.
I think you have to be really fussy to not love the Laguna. For me it has everything you need in Nusa Dua holiday for couples or families.
Final hints. Their Villas are not on the beach but a few minutes walk. Mind youy we stayed ion a 2 bedroom villa with our daughters and with the large private pool they were really stunning. Overkill is the best term.They will get you in a cart for the beach if you phone the butler.
The pool view rooms are the best value. Those on the ground floor can access the pool via their own balcony. Happy holidays :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua