I stayed at this resort with a friend recently and can't recommend it enough. We had a last-minute schedule change during a trip around Indonesia so ended up booking this place for 2 nights the evening before we arrived. I'd say it's better for families or couples rather than friends but we enjoyed nonethless. It was a steal for what we paid (I think $175 a night). It seemed a little older but definitely not outdated and it was absolutely massive. If you bring your kids, do not let them wander off because you will never find them again.
The spa was wonderful - excellent facials and very reasonable price-wise. Gym was well equipped and open 24-7. We didn't use, but they have their own water sports and tour booking desks onsite. The food was just OK - we had the BBQ lunch in the place by the beach when we arrived and thought it was overpriced. Maybe we weren't quick enough, but every time we went up for something it happened to be empty and there wasn't much to pick from in the first place. The breakfast buffet in the other restaurant was great though - we especially loved the pretzel bread rolls, the dim sum and the strong coffee.
Would also like to mention that they upgraded us to a lagoon-view room and comped our breakfast the first morning. The second morning we had to leave before the buffet opened at 7 so we ordered delivery at 530 via the door hanging thing and they brought the wrong meal. Not sure how that happens when it's written in black and white but we didn't have time to address so just ate it anyway. Check in and out was really slow so that is another area they might think about looking into. More so than any of the other places we stayed, the staff here were genuinely friendly and helpful. Really a nice spot - a bit far from the action though so it's not for you if you want to be in the middle of the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua