The Laguna is somehow greater than the sum of its parts. We had a wonderful stay even though I can't help but agree the time for a major overhaul has well since past.
The positives: yes, the Cornerstore people are stars. Loved that apple strudel and Rumi's smiling face. Great breakfast, best coffee I have had in Bali. Lovely grounds. Super professional staff including flawless handling of an issue with our room. Kulkul, beautiful spot for that late afternoon cocktail.
The gripes: really showing its age. Musty smell from the humidity, not lack of cleanliness but still it is off putting. Both rooms we stayed in had patched ceilings, things like torn lamp fabric. Rotten wood on steps down to the pool. A lot of mould around the pool areas. None of these are killer blows, but remember, it is a luxury collection hotel, and these signs of age and neglect are not really good enough..another example, a very grey looking bathrobe with a mismatched pristine white belt.
The thing that most disappointed, however, was a complete lack of pool service. We stayed 5 nights & were not approached ONCE for food or drinks. The waiters were invisible. We gave up trying to flag one down.
We had an issue with cigarette smoke wafting into our room in the non smoking wing. I suspect the problem was the aged air conditioning sucking in smoke from our chain smoking neighbors. The Laguna should be complimented on the way it handled this inconvenience as we were promptly moved to another room.
As I mentioned none of the gripes stopped us having a wonderful time due to the warmth of the staff, the brilliant location and beautiful grounds, but if you go expecting breathtaking luxury,you'll be disappointed. I'm sure an upgrade must be in the wind..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua