Having read through all the reviews here, both my wife and I were convinced that this resort should be a good place for our honeymoon. Booking of rooms through the hotel was done smoothly. We got the executive studio room under the luxury romance package, which included return airport transfer, a bottle of champagne and daily breakfast.
Disappointment sets in upon arrival at the airport, no one from the hotel came to receive us. Have to make a call to the hotel to get someone to take us to the hotel.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were received by an entourage of staff (same treatment for everyone else and makes one feels like a VIP). Check in was done in comfort, on a couch, served with cold towels and a drink. The reception area/ lobby was spacious and nicely decorated.
We were led to our room by a butler. Items in the room were in order as the butler showed us where each item can be found. Unlike other reviewers saying how aged the rooms and hotel were, I actually considered the hotel design to be classic. The room is clean and most of the equipment are working fine (except for a lost TV channel and disconnected DVD players, which were fixed). We later found out that there were some renovation work just beside the pool outside our room and the duty manager (Mr Artana) offered us another room with complimentary dinner.
Apart from the private pools, the hotel also has 2 other pools: one with jacuzzi, and the other has a beach set up. There is an obvious lack of attendents at the pools and no one offered drinking water to the guests. The beach and the sun-bathing chairs were clean. Sea was relatively calm at high tide and we tried the kayaking (double) for USD20/hour. The hotel has a link-up with a sea sports company, but I think their prices are a bit high.
Breakfast offers a large variety of international cuizine. The BBQ dinner at Arwana, however, was a bit disappointing with limited choices. Dinner by the beach was romantic until the mozzies came along. Food from the room service was reasonably priced and served promptly.
Overall, the stay in this hotel is very comfortable. Any complaints were met and solved professionally by the staff and manager. I feel the hotel can improve by having staff around the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua