I've stayed in many resort hotels in Bali, so I can live my experience comparing the resorts of Bali. This is review about The Laguna Resort and Spa, A Luxury Collection Chain @ Nusa Dua Area, (and some comparation about The Laguna and others hotel).
At the time of going to book, I compared prices between the travel agents and direct to the hotel ... in the beginning I saw the price for garden view room is more nearly equal (about USD 200), .... but a week later when I want to travel agents booking through a garden view room is said to have run out, there are pool view (about USD 240) .... but at the same time I look at the hotel website, there is a Garden View, but the price has gone up, not $ 200 more (about $ 240) .... at the same price and I had been raised to take Pool View ..... I was supposed to be disappointing if there diwebsite a garden view, why the hotel management said no to a travel agent?? so I had to take the Pool View (which is more expensive) .... And also when I lived there, I was asked directly at the hotel check-in staff at the time, he said there is still a garden view... 1/5
2.I plan to stay here because it coincided with my wife's birthday (check-in time was my wife's birthday), my wife is a member of SPG (Starwood Preffered Guest). When checked in, my wife shows her SPG card and ID card. They should know that this is her special day, but they do not give a surprise, such as cake, or at least congratulations ... this is very disappointing, because the previous night we stayed at a lot cheaper in the Kuta area (about USD 90 vs. USD 250), but they had a surprise in the morning before checking out to give the cake (check out time is her birthday). My wife is also not a member at the hotel, but they can remember the little things ... a few weeks earlier when my birthday at the others 5 Star Resort Hotel in Nusa Dua Area, they also had a surprise in the form of room upgrades, even when I was not a member of the its hotel chain ... The Laguna greatly disappoints me... 1/5
3.Hotel Landscape and Beach Area
A typical hotels in the Nusa Dua resort ... did not give me the "Wow Factor" like Grand Hyatt/Ayana (which when dropped in the lobby, and looking towards the resort has given a feeling of "wow"). Just a couple of swimming pools, surrounded by tropical plants two hotel buildings either side... The Laguna only have a short coastline (maybe 200 meters?) beachfront area, the others hotel in Nusa Dua Area have a much more long coastline, like Conrad (about 300 m), GH (the longest - about 650 m)... 3/5
Rooms are a bit old, especially in the bathroom, there are some parts that have cracked bathroom ... comfort in the room but stay awake, TV, air conditioning, all in good condition. Maybe that should be added is the water heater (kettle for coffee / tea) are not provided in the rooms... 4/5
Carpets and elevator in the hotel building already looks old and poorly maintained, so it looks a bit messy. The main pool (which there is a waterfall and a sand-beach like) slob because many leaves are falling in the pool... 2/5
Standards, not overly friendly, which is the most friendly when in Arwana (breakfast) ... like others hotel in Nusa Dua Area... , super friendly .. I think it's because of human competition in Nusa Dua Area, where many 5 star hotels in Nusa Dua or maybe the best employee from The Laguna moved to the sister-resort, St.Regis, more luxurious properties from Starwood... 3/5
Just try to eat breakfast, taste and choice of standard, compare to other hotels. there are 2 options for breakfast, Arwana the edge of the sea and Banyubiru in the center of the resort. I choose arowana, but its ocean view is not good when compared to its resort competitor in Nusa Dua Area... 3/5
Strategic location, close to the entrance to the Nusa Dua area / Bali Collection. Bali Collection is like a market / shopping mall, for dining, shopping, hang out, spa massage. There are 3 hotels which are located closest to the Bali Collection (about 5-10 minute walk), the Grand Hyatt (on the right Bali Collection), Melia, and The Laguna (on the left)... 5/5
Return To Sleep: No, i want to Try more luxurious properties from Starwood (St.Regis), I hope St.Regis don't dissapoint me, so I can give my faith back to Starwood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua