Staying at the Laguna for business, I was happy with the location, the rooms and the service from the bar and restaurant staff.
The day prior to check-out I requested some extra time in my room: I was flying out in the evening, and working all day I wanted to keep the room to freshen up prior to going to the airport. The hotel was obviously way below capacity (at times I was the only guest in sight). I was told this would not be possible without an extra charge. Having already been at the hotel for a number of days, and only needing a few extra hours in a room that wouldn't otherwise be used, I thought this a little unreasonable and I asked to speak to a manager.
I was essentially given the brush-off: you know the standard drill, staff goes into the back room for 30 seconds, returns and says he's spoken to the manager and the answer is still no. Manager doesn't come out and explain it themselves (were they ever really there at all?).
Only after an email to Starwood customer service and the hotel's general manager was the matter resolved. I'm glad it was, but it really shouldn't be that hard.
My recommendation is stay here if you need to, but there are plenty of other hotels in the area where they're much more receptive to their guests needs.
Also, be sure to check your bill carefully: a charge for the three gratis pressings (which I used to have my shirts ironed) appeared on my invoice, and was only removed after I questioned it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua