We have stayed in this hotel a number of times in the past but we had not been back for 8 years. I think that in the interveening years this hotel has gone downhill slightly. We are regular travellers and SPG members and we also have a starwood privilege card. We found booking this time a nightmare it took 4 phonecalls to the hotel to book a package advertised on their website at a particular price with no blackout dates. our trip this year from 24/8 to 7/9 was to celebrate our wedding anniversary and both our birthdays. It took over an hour on arrival to get them to give us the advertised rate and luckily I had printed the package advertised. SPG membership, they couldn't have cared less. We had a pool access room with interconnecting door and on the other side of the door a family with at least 2 children that spent a lot of time screaming. Certainly made the first week of our stay a nightmare. We got the chance one night to speak to the manager about our thoughts of the hotel, at least that got the beer bottle removed from the garden, first thing we saw for the first couple of days when we looked across the pool from our room. We noticed that you never saw the manager walking around the hotel. i must say that the hotel manager Mark [--] is a very nice person, it is rather unfortunate that he does not seem to be on the ball. Complaints to reception, you may as well be talking to a brick wall. Their english is not good. Pool maintenance such as cleaning does not happen every day in the quieter areas, such as near rooms 101 to 107. The beachfront BBQ food is not good, Suid served still with the guts and ink sack intact and prawns not cleaned. The prices for Aussie wine is over the top, trying to sell wine we pay $10 or less for at around $200 a bottle is just ludicrous and not down to tax as we were told. We checked out the wine prices at the Carrafour supermarket and their prices for the same Aussie wine was way less.
On the up side. This hotel has a beautiful setting, the lagoon pool is great. The cornerstone deli is wonderful, serves great gelati. The staff in the Banybiru are great as are the Butlers. The food served in both restaurants is ok not great.
This hotel is looking tired and needs a reno, placement of shower head was laughable placed for midgets,also the broken tiles in the shower, TV's old and remote didn't work properly as the sticky tape which had been holding it together was coming off. We noticed graffiti and also rotting wood on stairs and railings around the hotel. None of this says luxury hotel.
Best hotel manager that we can remember was Sean Hunt great person and good at his job.
Would we go back. We have many great memories of past stays and that was what drew us back this time, and the setting is beautiful. I think this hotel just needs fixing. The management of the Laguna should remember there is a lot of competition in the Nusa Dua area and more hotels are being built. Letting this hotel get run down is not the way to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua