We are a family of 2 adults and 5 year old twin girls, so we booked a loft room which we were very happy with. We had a lovely view to the ocean, the room was clean, well furnished, had a good airconditioner, a reasonable bathroom and was serviced daily to a high standard. The most impressive aspects of this hotel were the delicious breakfast and the staff. The service delivered by the pool staff (Fawzi and friends) was exceptional and the breakfast staff were extremely professional, friendly and very consientious. Congratulations to all of the waiters and the lovely male omlette/waffle chef. The boys at the porters desk and cafe/bar were also delightful. I made a few special requests and the staff went out of their way to assist. We loved sitting in the outdoor area, listening to the waterfall and enjoying our breakfast each morning which is included in theh cost of the accomodation.
Helpful Hints: As this hotel is 'out of town', you will need to access some form of transport as walking is not an option. We used the complimentry shuttle bus to Bali Collection Shopping Centre and to Gergers beach almost everyday. The porters will also call a metered taxi for you and it will cost approximately $3AUD to get to the Nusa Dua market at the main gate or Bali Collection. Nusa Dua Beach Grill provide a transport vehicle at 5pm each day and we enjoyed eating here. In fact most restaurants and spas in the Nusa Dua area will pick you up at the hotel and return you. The staff at reception will call and make the transport booking. We had massages at the beach for 80,000rp or approx $8AUD which were fabulous. (They will try to charge you 120,000rp, but you dont need to pay this much). I would recommend that you take a bottle of almond oil or your favourite massage oil as the oil used by the woman at the beach appears to be mineral oil which is unhealthy. Arrive at breakfast before 730am to get a table in the outdoor area of the restaurant. The indoor area is not as pleasant and can get noisy when it starts getting busy.
Recommendations for improvement:
Doors- The doors to each room have to be 'slammed' to close properly and they are very noisy. We were woken on many occassions by other guests coming back to their rooms late at night and simply closing their doors.
Transport- Guests would benefit by the hotel offering a shuttle twice daily to the Nusa Dua market/restaurant area an alternative to going to Bali Collection.
Children- As there is no Kids Club, a simple room with some toys, colouring books, reading books, a DVD player and TV and dress up clothes would be an excellent addition for families with young children.
Spa- The spa lacks personality and is quite sterile. It would be nice to see a more traditional 'Balinese' style injected into the space. The uncomfortable, 'upright' black leather chairs used for pedicures are inappropriate and the staff seem unmotivated. I would not recommend the spa or the spa treatments especially when there are so many other well priced, quality options in the Nusa Dua area.
Breakfast- Tea should be strong and dark. Please make your tea stronger as it really detracts from the otherwise fabulous breakfast.
Overall, we had a fantastic stay at this hotel and we really enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. It was excellent value for the price we paid and I would recommend this hotel. Thank you for an excellent holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara is located in Bali’s premier tourism destination, the world-class Nusa Dua Tourism Resort. For an unforgettable holiday experience on Bali, the “Isle of the Gods,” 4-star rated Swiss-Belhotel Segara offers an amazingly affordable level of luxury combined with true Balinese hospitality. It is only 16 km from Ngurah Rai International Airport and 2 km from the white sands of Geger Beach. Set in a tropical resort where the emphasis is on relaxation, Swiss-Belhotel Segara is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens. There are also two very attractive lagoon pools and large sunbathing areas. The hotel offers a choice from 54 Superior rooms, 20 Deluxe Rooms, 18 Premiere Rooms, 36 Duplex Lofts, 18 Laguna Rooms and 7 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort And Spa
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Hotel Nusa Dua
- Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua