“Excellent value for money”

Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Impeccably clean, super-friendly staff, excellent variety of delicious foods at morning buffet, v. large pool w/enjoyable waterfall. one side has mountain view, other side sea view, shuttle buses, reception can arrange or reserve ANYTHING for you. Had a super time there on our honeymoon.

Room Tip: the bottom floor rooms go out straight into the pool, but the others have killer-views.. check the r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Karim H
GM_SBSG, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Karim H,
We thank you for the review of your stay with us at Swiss-belhotel Segara, and are please that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa last February 2013. I really enjoyed my stay there. The breakfast which was included was excellent, (buffet), the staff really helpful and always smiling. My large room was very clean with all bath products at your disposal, a rain shower, large balcony and from my bed a nice view on the lagoon pool which is so large, from front and back of the hotel. There was a shuttle bus to take you at Bali Village and another shuttle bus to go to the beach. Of course, there is no beach around and no restaurant or other thing around, that is the only thing I can say about it but you have everything you want in the hotel. I suggest strongly that they improve their menu because there is no enough variety on it, not enough balinese food and vegetarian food. The view from the dining room at night is really romantic. I will return to this hotel for more days if I can. I was able to afford this expensive hotel because there was 50% discount on Agoda.com and I was out of high season. Also there is spa but it was closed during my stay.

Room Tip: There are more expensive rooms and also suites which are unbelievable on the 3rd or 4th Floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank France B
GM_SBSG, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear France,
We thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your input.

we are currently in the process of changing our Cafe Laguna menu, and have noted that you would like more Balinese and Vegetarian options included.
Please also note that the Serene Spa has now been re-opened, and offers a range of reasonably priced treatments from 9am - 10pm.

We look forward to welcoming you back at a future date.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

So, I'm here for 4 nights and had serious reservations given the previous bad reviews. So I'm doing a review after my first night to give an indication. I find the negative reviews unwarranted. Check-in was efficient and the reception staff lovely. I have a pool access room (which I got at a fantastic cheap rate) and it is modern, clean & large with the pool also clean and well maintained, right at my doorstep. The bathroom is equipped, modern and with everything you need, large bathtub, everything in working order. There is nothing wrong with the breakfast here! I've had far worse elsewhere, all the food is covered, there are no flies anywhere that I could see, I even tried the pastries to see if they are indeed stale from other reviews and guess what? They were fresh! They have an omelette stand which was like any other, staff were everywhere cleaning and serving. I don't know what other travelers are complaining about.
The only negatives I've got so far are that guests are allowed to smoke in the enclosed restaurant, management need to sort that out & that the pool cleaners are invasive and intruding on the guests in the pool access rooms. I find that a bit unnerving and will advise management. There is a dampness smell in the pool rooms but it didn't really phase me, people need to get some perspective.
Yes, it's pretty isolated and you will need to get supplies from outside but that's what the shuttle bus is for. No issues there.
Obviously some people will never be pleased, because it's a well rounded and well priced hotel.

Room Tip: Pool access room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank JenineG69
GM_SBSG, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Jackson9,

We thank you for taking the time to post your review, and appreciate your feedback.
We have taken note of your points regarding smoking in the enclosed area of the Cafe Laguna, and will also retrain the Pool Attendents regarding service times for the Pool Access Rooms, and the level of communication they should have with the guests if they are in the room.
The problem of humidity in these rooms is being addressed, as it seems to increase during the Rainy Season.

We hope that you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us at Swiss-Belhotel Segara

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Location is not good (nothing in close proximity). Hotel has no beach access and no designated beach area like most other Nusa Dua hotels that are not located on beachfront. Shuttle to Bali Collection was always overcrowded (didn’t bother after trying 3 times). Food in the hotel was just awful. Breakfast was very average; food was stale and looked like it had been recycled each day. Flies everywhere (hundreds of them), all over the food (no fly screens in restaurant); no option but to eat the majority of our meals elsewhere. Room was OK; balcony door rusted (very hard to open), furniture looked tired and worn, security safe was good, bathroom was OK, air conditioning and TV broken (they fixed both once we complained). Pool area is OK (could be so much better); it's big but only 1.4m at its deepest point (some areas are only 40cm deep), towels seriously need replacing and sunbeds have a lot of mould. Worst thing is the area that joins both pools is also a service entry (it's very dirty and smelly). Service was OK (it varied from person to person - some good some bad). This hotel needs a lot of maintenance to bring it back to an acceptable standard. I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bassbin
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place is located in some corner of nusa dua , breakfast is awful , service is pathetic , rooms are smelly and full of ants . Dont ever head to this hotel by any chance . My worst experience ever ....

Room Tip: laguna pool access ... is good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank amitengg1234
Reviewed January 7, 2013

myself and my wife stayed for 3days 2 nite.We were expecting some great food and services from one of the busiest tourism spot in the world.Were happy and felt great about the service from the staffs and shop sellers.But the food really turned me off as in the hotel,the breakfast menu was something we find in hawker stalls.Very cold and dry limited same menu everyday.The only item all guest were asking for more was the coffee only.The room sliding door was rusty and alot of force had to be used to open it.ladies will find it difficult.Very bad odour in the room and the corridor.flys are everywhere on visa..haha.The pool had leaves falling everytime on it so it needs frequent cleaning.The massage was very good and relaxing.
My guide was really very kind,helpful and safe to be with.Will give his details if anyone wants it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dhana777
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Arrived at 2300 local time, and informed being 'upgraded' to pool access room. Sounds nice until arrived at the room. It was SMELLY!
The odor came from bathroom. Immediately request to be returned to my original booked room, and was being told... "please wait 30 min since we are preparing the room", so pissed off, The room not ready on 2300 hours????
Had to bear the smell and stay for 2 nights.
If I am not with my kids, i will leave for better options for sure. But at 2300 and new year's eve? I guess I had to bear the smell

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family