“Great Experience”
Review of Bali Scuba Masters

Bali Scuba Masters
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Scuba Masters is PADI Five Stars Dive Center Membership, awarded to progressive PADI Dive Shops that excel in providing scuba divers with a full range of scuba certification programs, scuba gear selection, and scuba experience opportunities. These, with a commitment to providing quality training, products, services and experiences. Our PADI Instructors teach from introductory Discover Scuba Diving up to Assistant Instructor level. Our intention is not only to ensure our divers have a fun time and meet all criteria to succeed on their courses, but also that they experience the diving Bali has to offer whilst doing so. After your dives and courses you can also relax and enjoy the unique atmosphere.Let us take you to an unforgettable scuba adventure!
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I started a long email correspondence with Made as I kept coming back to him with many questions and changes. Made was very patient and accommodated all of my requests. The pickup was punctual and the equipment new. We dived with Rai and found him to be utterly professional and safe while Made took some of my friends on a guided scuba discovery dive. We were very pleased with the service and would definitely recommend Bali Scuba Masters!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Melissa L

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“professional coach”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We are not very experienced divers. Made Sudata gave us professional advice before we came to Bali. He was punctual, helpful and fun. He had good preparation of all our needs and took good care of us. We had a great and safe experience and learnt a lot from him.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jodietong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Had great expectations....Probably too great”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

By looking at the reviews in Trip Advisor and by looking at the Diving operator webpage I had great expectations about this day of diving.

I contacted them couple of days before my trip, I wasn't impress with the local in which they run their business, but I decided to ignore that since the attention from the person in charge was quite good he seemed knowledgeable about diving in Bali, and even more about UW photography, which was my final objective. Carried all my gear for my New Year trip, to get only one day of diving, hence I expected it to be good.

They showed up timely the day of the trip, the person that I had meet in the shop, was there to pick us up, but unfortunately he promptly informed us that he was busy to take us diving, and that their driver will take us to Pandang Bay where we will meet the Dive Master for the day. I insisted that I was interested in UW photography, and was reassured that the Dm was an expert.

Once in Pandang Bay, we were requested to change to our wetsuits in the pavement in middle of the street, from there everything went downhill.

Once in the boat we were asked whether we had brought our water, since we will spent the interval between dives onboard. we said no, and the DM looked surprised and reluctantly went to get two bottles of water.

I explained that I wanted to take photos, hence the pace of the dive should be slow, should have not been an issue, since only my wife and I were diving with him. Well I did not happen, this person did not have a clue about UW photography, and I do not think was a graduated DM, since there were no pre-dive briefs.

He only asked if we were ok with diving up to 24 m to try to see the Pigmy sea Horses, we say yes, but he decided to keep the dive at that depth, and I had the feeling that it was only to shorten it, since he look disappointed or surprised after checking the pressure gauges and realise we still have quite a bit of air.

Despite making signals and indicating that wanted to spend some time in a subject, he insisted on moving on, without apparent reason. This went on until we turned in a corner and the current was quite strong, no way to stop, even less way to make any decent photo.

During the second dive and after highlighting in the interval that we should go slower, it did not happen, the dive site was preselected, and there were no adjustments to the plan, despite being disappointed with the first dive. Went again straight to 22m without apparent reason, the DM did made an effort to show more subjects, but on arrival to each one, the cloud of silk and sediment lifted by his fins dragging in the bottom in the current, prevented me from taking any good photo.

I stopped to take a photo of a Nudi, when I looked back, the DM was gone with my wife, and that had be the end of the dive.

At the end of the dive, the DM did not bother to come up with us to restaurant where we will change, neither the included meal was offered to us, neither a camera rinsing tank that was promised was available to rinse my DSLR, so definitely not a nice experience.

I do have to say, that we saw, a turtle, a shark, a lobster, a ray and a ribbon eel in the first dive, so no bad. In the second dive we did not see that much variety.

I understand that Bali Scuba Master might be an excellent operator, but they get this review, since they choose a poor guide to represent them.

I would not recommend this diving operator to any serious diver.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank Juan_TBS
Dear Juan

Thanks for your review ​​my name sudata owner Bali Scuba Masters you still remember me ...
well am very sorry about your field trip to dive at bay last time ...
i just call your DM to day when i got the red all the reviews and complaints
the weather was good but the tide which is not good for mocro dive because on the surface and under the sea calm chopping currents and water clarity is not good for diving dive mocro . when want to show sea Horse suddenly the current is strong and the DM does not show because the existence of seahorse at 29m depth . even if we are to where you probably can not Shot good photo because the current is too strong then it is the DM make decisions stay dive at shallow deep to keep your SAFETY in place because it dives very fast and dangerous currents us that the Number One Priority to safety and once again I apologize for the above problem

I made ​​sudata promise if you come to Bali again alone will deliver dives with you and promise to show mocro dive site for you i do photo grapher under water since 1996 when you came and where we dive in I 'm busy but not worris keep my promise to you .
I will bear all costs for the next time you dive at padang bay

advice and input to the backward and. I will be a better fix

This my email addres oceanmandive@yahoo.com or info@baliscubamasters.com

Thanks broo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bali Scuba Master Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and i did the one day introduction diving in Nusa Dua Spot (Recommended), The Owner, Made Sudata, was Amazing, He managed our trip well although we've never met. i just sent him via email to book and he responded so quickly. Made asked his staff (Rai) take care of us. The Staff is excellent with technicals and safety. Great Services!! Thank You for giving a great experience in Nusa Dua!! Really looking forward to get our next dive on january 2014!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Royan N
Dear Royan

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a lovely Trip Advisor review and for your Support for us.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your day with us and a great time doing the Scuba Diving
Thank you so much also for your kind offer to recommend us to your friends, your support is truly appreciated.
We hope to see you again back in beautiful Bali Ocean very soon for some more fantastic scuba diving

With warm regards
Made Sudata and Bali Scuba Masters Team
Quito, Ecuador
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended! Great experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I just completed my Padi Open Water with Made and his team. It was a very personal experience as there was only one other on the course. I felt very supported and safe - the instructors were very professional and the equipment was of high standard. I would highly recommend Bali Scuba Masters to anyone looking to dive in Bali

Visited December 2013