“Great food & great environment ”

Meads Boutique Villa's Hotel
Ranked #15 of 28 Nusa Dua B&B and Inns
“Great food & great environment ”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Our visit to meads was absolutely beautiful. The staff are friendly and the owner was a really nice guy came and had a conversation with us and made out visit very welcoming. The food was absolutely sensational and the price was very reasonable! Quick and fresh service that left us with a smile!

Would highly recommend meads to anyone they are a great restaurant and set up as well.

Thank you to warren and his staff for making our visit perfect :-)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you want to enjoy all Bali has to offer without putting up with the "Bali-hassle", then you can't go past Meads Boutique Villa's. As a family of 5 with kids ranging from 21 to 12, we were on a holiday that represented the last chance to do so without others in tow. Mum loves Bali...Dad loves space ...and Meads offered the best of both worlds!! The 2 bedroom apartment was huge, with enough space to kick a ball around while not upsetting those who weren't interested. Combine that with the magnificent food from Meads Restaurant (and at 20% discount), and you have a proven recipe for a wonderful holiday!! Having kids meant demand for a pool was high and the share arrangement with Ramada was perfect! 50 metres away and we had a pool with bar & beach. This meant our room was always quiet as there was no "pool noise" to bug us!
I will now return to Bali, but will only stay with Alfie and his team...it gives me peace of mind and I know I can relax knowing that all the other concerns people have about Bali will not apply to me!!

Room Tip: Just choose one....you won't regret it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tanners57
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at The Benoa Palms (Meads) We travelled as a couple
and could not fault the accommodation or service at all .This is the best kept secret in Bali.If you get the chance take a look at the stunning appartments all different sizes to suit peoples needs.
If you can find any better please post and let me know.The added bonus with these is the resteraunt below best described as casual a la carte at cafe prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gminor442
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at the Villa upstairs with friends. Accommodation was excellent and the villa was spotless. Included a spa overlooking the ocean - Bliss. Bedrooms are air conditioned and the Villa was serviced every day. The package included breakfast and they had a great variety on the menu to choose from including traditional Bali food. We ate at the Restaurant on three nights because the food was outstanding for a bar and grill and would rate just as good as any 5 star Hotel. The seafood was to die for. Warren and Alfie were very friendly and always introduced themselves when we were in the restaurant. Great atmosphere, I will be coming back here. Wayne

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I began my stay in Nusa Dua at the Ramada Benoa (about 150m up the road from Benoa Palms) in a "luxury 4 star blah blah blah" room that basically had a king size bed going for it. After the first couple of nights, all the friends and family gathered at that hotel for the week left and I began a search of the surrounding area for something a little bit more affordable.

Less than a 1 minute walk from the front door of the Ramada, I happened to wander past Meads Seafood Grill (the restaurant and lounge downstairs from the Palms), and noticed a small sign advertising that they serve Illy coffee (a high quality Italian export brand) and decided to pop in for a cup. Within ten seconds I was greeted by smiling and helpful staff who sorted out my order quickly and precisely, and less than three minutes later was engaged in friendly conversation with the manager where I discovered that there were rooms above, and that the place was owned and operated by Perth's own Warren Mead (a legendary Foodie).

After finishing the coffee he offered to let me view the rooms that they had upstairs, and I was blown away by the decor, spaciousness, mod cons and privacy. As a solo traveller, the upstairs 'room' i chose (the smallest of all of them, I think) was almost a suite! It had separate lounge area with storage, a bedroom rivalling the massive hotel i had just come from, its own bathroom and shower, private balcony, and a loft bed (if I decided to bring along kids, I suppose, and it could have comfortably fit 2 of them) with breakfast and that delicious coffee thrown in FOR ABOUT HALF THE PRICE I HAD JUST BEEN PAYING! And better yet, Benoa Palms has a sweet little arrangement with the Ramada for their guests to use all the Pool, Bar and Gym facilities next door anyway!

Just a little FYI to those of you considering the location - there's and AMAZING 3 Michelin Star restaurant about 2 min walk away (rated as one of the best 3 meals I've had in my life, at about 20% the cost of the two meals I would rate better). Also, the rest of the rooms in the villa are HUGE and could easily fit between 4 and 6 people comfortably, with privacy and separate rooms (like self-contained apartments).

I liked the place so much, with the friendly vibe and quiet setting that upon my return home, I have immediately booked again for the end of the year, and intend to bring a few more people along this time to enjoy it all with me.

Thanks Warren and Alfie! You made the trip for me!

R (that coffee guy)

Room Tip: If you don't have a specific room booked, ask to see them all and you'll find one with the r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Ryan C C
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just had 3 amazing nights here and looking forward already to our next visit in October, we stayed in apartment 3 which was almost large enough to play hide and seeks with our 5 year old,. had also our own jacuzzi and private garden :) The baby sitting service was a real treat for us allowing us to wind down and enjoy some top notch food downstairs, the wine list was also very welcomed. Typical Balinese smiles and service at its best. Had a free pick up service from the airport which only took 20 minutes, this was our 1st time in Benoa as normally go to Sanur but for sure we will now be taking our future hols in Bali at the Benoa Palms. Would recommend to anyone that enjoys the personnel touch and quality at a good price

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JakartaMark
Sunshine Coast Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Have had a guided tour through this accommodation and would stay there on our next trip. Beautifully fitted out with very modern fixtures & furniture. It has only just opened but we recommend it highly. Downstairs is an excellent restauarant (called Meads) where we ate every day we were in Bali and were very well looked after by both the staff and Warren, the owner.
Excellent food (try the home made chicken pie which includes home made pastry - yum).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
#5 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa
The Sakala Resort Bali
The Sakala Resort Bali
#9 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Meads Boutique Villa's Hotel? Share your experiences!