“Beautiful Resort”

Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had previously stayed at Marriotts other hotels, this one was a resort in Nusa dua. The beauty of resort was liked by my family, the pool was quite nice, restaurant options lacked though. Only a cafe open 24*7 could offer midnight drinks n snacks with very small menu.
I was disappointed by the breakfast it was repeated all 3 days n wasn't good enough. Options were rare n taste wasn't upto the mark.
Another negative was that it did not hav a private beach which they hav mentioned, but actually there's a cab to drop n pick u frm d beach so u wil hav to get it booked at reception.n beach looked like common for two other resorts next to Courtyard.

Room Tip: Pool view deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased by your positive comments on overall for the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. We in fact have MoMo to you; our lounge located at the lobby open till 1 am and serves some great cocktails and food from designed menu over and above our MoMo Café and In room dinning option.

I regret the breakfast experience which you found not much options and quality was not up to the mark. I will sincerely work hard with my culinary team to ensure we give variety and more options with best of taste for our valued guest’s first meal of the day. Though we are not located at the beach we give all facilities and services through our Beach Club to our guests I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations and will re visit this touch point with my team to ensure we cater to our guests satisfaction.

I am glad that you were able to make the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua your home for three nights and sincerely look forward to serving you in the future.

Warm regards,

Director of Rooms I Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My company and I book 3 rooms for 3 nights. 4 asian guys + 1 American guy. We stayed from 6th March to 9th march 2014. I would presume maybe it is the SOP of the hotel that treat the whites (Americans, Europeans or australian) differently from the Asian. It is a pure double standard treatment from the staffs of the hotel. Very racist. They would automatically think that the white guy is the Boss of the group, when actually he is only the employee while the boss is one of the Asian guy.

1. While waiting for our transport to arrive, all of us we at lobby waiting. The staff approved us and ONLY spoke to the white guy. Asking him where was he going, does he need a taxi, where is he from and what was his name, and finally have a good day. 4 of us Asian were directly next to the staff and we were totally being ignored. This was in the morning

2. At night , after a whole day of attending an exhibition, all of us came back with lots of bags and brochures. Again, the staff ONLY offered the American to carry his bags and brochures while completely ignoring us (Asian)

3. We upgraded our room to "Pool view" with breakfast and paid extra about USD500 extra for the upgrade for all rooms. We could not see any pool. All we could see was tress as it was blocking the pool. A great disappointment. Very misleading as I have felt cheated with the "Pool View' Statement. I presume the directors or GM has never been to the room that i was staying and try to see if there is actually a pool view.

A very disappointing trip and shocked to received these kind of double standard treatment from Marriott. I would definitely tell all my Asian friend never to stay here. However, I would recommend all my white friends to stay at Marriott because of the extra treatment they will get above the other races. Unbelievable racist treatment from M
arriott.

Room Tip: DO not upgrade to pool view room unless you have actually seen the room. Most "pool room"...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank aemyF
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and posting this review on the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua.

I regret the stay experience and would sincerely like to apologize for the missed opportunities. I understand your stay did not meet up to your expectation according to Courtyard Experience. We will review all aspects with all touch points to ensure that we rectify them and extend our best of impeccable standards to our valued guests. You have been really kind enough to share your experience which was not satisfactory and my apologies for the same. I have made a note of your comments and will certainly review on our pool view guest rooms.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and will look forward to your next visit to the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua

Best regards,

Kadek Suartana
Director of Rooms
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very large hotel, located in the quite part of Bali. We enjoyed our stay here, the breakfast buffett was amazing. We recommend the noodles (the chef makes for you while you wait). Service was 5 star, it's a nice quiet place to come and relax if you want to sleep, swim eat and rest. Very safe indeed.

Good value for money (the room rate was excellent). Make sure you select the breakfast package though.

Room Tip: Book a room close to the ground floor and pool, nearest to the lobby. Very large hotel. The pool...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Trisha F

Dear Guest,

It is truly heartening to receive such tremendous feedback on the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua and I am grateful to you for taking the time to post it on Trip advisor.

I am so pleased that the hotel and its amenities were to your satisfaction and am particularly glad you had the opportunity to receive the signature Marriott Service. We take great pride in being able to provide our treasured guests with authentic and intuitive service and I will certainly pass on the compliments to my team of fabulous associates.

I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua and providing you with another delightful experience!

Warm regards,

Director of Rooms I Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Just amazing, my first time in Bali and on a Marriott rewards point stay. As a platinum member, we was given a upgrade to a pool side room. Free breakfasts for 2 people, breakfast was excellent although very busy. Hotel arranged free surprise birthday cake for my wife. Easy to arrange reasonable priced drivers, many restaurants within walking distance with a good choice of food. The beach is a 10 min walk, with the hotel having their own section, which has snacks loungers towels etc.
In all, the hotel made us feel very welcome and we will return again

Room Tip: Ground floor pool side
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am grateful to you for taking the time to post this review on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I’m happy to know that as Platinum Elite our most loyal guest you appreciated the room upgrade and other amenities, services which we deliver as per the Marriott commitment worldwide. I am thrilled to hear that you liked the arrangement of cake on special occasion of your wife.

We are very centrally located in the conclave of Bali next tourism destination which is in walk able distance to nearest shopping mall, local shopping as well as many dining options. As our dining facilities are concerned, we take great pride in being able to serve and tailor made to the needs of our guests and it is wonderful that you have appreciated the same.

I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stoped there with my wife after a 10days trip around Bali.
For a Courtyard this is not bad at all we were even supprised of the size of it and the quality.
2 "small" issues we had:
leak outside every room during our stay I reported it at that time let's hope they fixed the proble.
The swimming pool water was too hot to refresh yourself inside.
Appart from that good quality for food, housekeeping and waiters.
Breakfast a bit expensive but WHAT A CHOICE

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

It feels absolutely wonderful to read such a positive review on the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I am so pleased you had a delightful stay and experienced our quality service. I would sincerely like to apologize for the inconvenience on the leakage issue which I am glad was rectified immediately. I do agree that our unique lagoon pool does not have the temperature regulator hence water some times are warm during early hours however as the day sets in we get lot of shade from the greenery around which keeps the water cold and refreshing which gives the feel of lake or river experience.

I eagerly await your next visit to India and can assure you of another memorable stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua!

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

First to start with, the lobby was really unique then the reception staffs were really nice. The room was nice as well, eventhough they do not have a good view ( only garden and pool ). Moreover, I love the Pool and the food as well. Reccomended Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kind words on your stay at the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I am glad you enjoyed the room and amenities and the Courtyard Marriott Signature Service.

Such comments only motivate our team to strive for perfection and ensure that each of our valued guests here enjoy true Marriott Hospitality!

I invite you to give us the pleasure of your visit to our hotel once again!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed there for two days on March 2014. They front desk staffs and bellboy were friendly and helpful. I informed them that I had difficulty in opening my luggage and they contacted the engineering to help me. I waited for 20 minutes in the lobby and no engineering come to help me. I told the front desk lady that I was late to attend a party and everything I needed was in the luggage. She contacted the engineering a couple of times more but nobody showed up so I decided to wait the engineer in my room. 10 minutes waiting in my room, I decided to force my luggage open which fortunately I can and still no engineer showed up.
The room was big and beautiful. My room was overlooked to the garden and the view was beautiful too. The bathroom was quite large, and i love both the bathtub rain shower too.
The next day i have difficulty entering my room because the card has expired which i found weird suppose to check out after two days. I called the front desk and they promised me to send the new cards immediately. After 10 minutes, no bellboys showed up. I called the front desk once again and tell him I am in a hurry for an appointment and he informed me that he will send a bellboy to my room. After another 10 minutes, I called (i was upset) and told them that a car has been waiting for me the whole time and they has made me late to an appointment, then they informed me to send a bellboy immediately.
I checked out on monday March 2nd 2014 @ 5.30 a.m. I have always use the valet service during my stay. And the valet service wasn't ready yet. The security ask us to wait. After 10 minutes I ask again since I was afraid to miss my flight. The security ask me to wait another 20 minutes. I offered him to get my key and car myself since i cant wait that long or i will miss my flight. Then he ask the valet service to come sooner.
What has amazed me from this hotel that they think it is ok to make people wait extra ordinarily long for every thing. It is unacceptable for a hotel with Marriot management especially with their infamous reputation. Everything is great there except for the service. I wouldn't revisit that hotel unless they made huge improvement on service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pratiknya
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out to give us such constructive feedback. It was a pleasure to have you at the hotel, I am glad that you found the hotel’s location, room and amenities to your liking. I was saddened to read your comments on the lack of responsiveness which we give most priority in also making sure that we make our entire guest’s time most productive. I will again revisit this miss opportunity with team and ensure we work hard on this aspect and not let the guest walk away with not so comfortable memories of the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would request you to treat this in isolation to other wise positive stay impression of the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon to experience the best standards of services in future.