Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Everyone in this Courtyard was very friendly and would go out of their way to respond to a query. Despite the constant influx of visitors, the air of serenity in this hotel appears unbroken. I heard a comment that if you just stood still in the public areas, a staff would ask if you needed assistance! Would definitely want to visit this place again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am grateful to you for taking the time to post this review on the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. Glad to know you appreciated the service standards and responsiveness of our associates which we have received a tremendous positive response right from our opening. Our location in the heart of Bali next tourism conclave is convenient for both business and leisure travelers.

I eagerly look forward to welcoming you again at the Courtyard Marriott Bali Nusa Dua.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort

Reviewed March 3, 2014

A new property only a couple of years old , with great facilities, beautifully appointed bedrooms with all the essentials - large bedrooms with the most comfortable beds ever.....( great rain shower )
Great breakfast selection in the mornings, with good food available at the restaurant.
Only downside is that it is not on the beachfront , but there is a shuttle that can take you there in less than 5 minutes.
The best priced hotel in Nusa Dua for excellent 5 star service.

Room Tip: Go for the corner room at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is heartening to read such a wonderful endorsement of our hotel and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the facilities and amenities at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. Indeed it is very important to us that we provide our guests with the best of Marriott Hospitality. I am happy to know that the found us good value with 5 star service. Though we are not beach front hotel but have all the facilities and services of the beach and we create some long lasting memories with our services at the beach which is 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again and staying true to your review of being the best hotel in Bali!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Amazing hotel. Quiet rooms, non smoking with a pool access was just superior. Request for services handled quickly. Pool was an incredible paradise as was the private beach. Beach is not on property but a short 5 min drive from hotel in hotel shuttle.

Shuttle driver dropped us at the mall on one of his rides to the beach. Otherwise you have to take the free mall shuttle. Great open air mall with lots of stores and cheap but great restaurants.

We would come back here as the hotel was quiet, great location, etc.

They do have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $20.00. About the same cost as a private driver that you can hire at the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We do thank you for your most amazing words on your stay feedback and each aspect of our guest journey which has been quiet successful. This gives a lot of pride to us a team and keeps motivating us to continue to strive for more consistently.

I look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was impressed with our experience at the Marriot in Phuket and was amazed that the Courtyard is even better. Couldn't thank my significant other enough for signing up with the Marriot beach club.

Anyway, we had a spectacular time at the Courtyard for the following reasons:

Hospitality: It's amazing...some of the staff actually greeted us by our names and they are all smiles and full of patience even though my four year old was throwing a tantrum in the middle of breakfast! You just feel warm and welcome the moment you step into the hotel....service is impeccable at all counts. We even had a few tips on where to hunt our vanilla beans!

Amazing Beach: The courtyard has its own beachfront at Nusadua shared with the public and other hotels nearby but it's still beautiful nevertheless. it's away from the hotel and you have to take the shuttle though. Love that we do not have to wait for the shuttle, the waiting time is either 0-5mins and without a fixed timetable. As usual, Marriot makes the extra mile to ensure we are
satisfied. Also love that towels, sunbed, toilet, even drinks and snacks for order is available at the beach.

Great Pool: This is the best pool I've ever been in! Cos we live in a condo, we find it hard to find a hotel that has a pool that can beat our pool at home but this certainly did by extra miles! it is sprawled throughout the entire length of the building! They created a beachlike feeling with sand and the gradual sloping of the pool, just add to the charm. My son loves this place more so after a dip at the beach.

Splendid Spa: Please do not leave this place before you have a message at the spa. It's simply to die for and would suggest for the Balinese massage. After few days swimming under the glaring sun and walking everywhere to hunt for good bargains, the relaxing hands of the masseuse is just what you need. You will be snoring in no time...

Despite this being the cheapest of all Marriot Properties in Bali, the COurtyard certainly doesn't feel cheap!

One thing though that they can improve, perhaps to change their menu for breakfast and add more variety...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your time and this fabulous review on your stay at the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities and service. Our guest rooms do offer amazing view of our lagoon pool spread out between all building and it is wonderful to know you relished the experience of each touch points including our C Spa which you have been really kind enough to share.

I will share your constructive feedback on the breakfast to have more variety with my culinary team and will ensure we have new to offer every day in morning for our guest’s first meal of the day.

I am also glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the signature Marriott Service and we continued in right direction after Marriott Phuket. The beach club ambience is quite delightful and I look forward to welcoming you back to another memorable experience at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua!

Warm Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have stayed in the hotel for 4 days just recently, the experience is almost impecable. The service is very good, all the staff will smile at you whenever you meet one, if you meet them in the elevator they will let you go up or down first, etc. when we check out they very patiently explained all the charges and rates.
The swimming pool is beautiful! There is bar in the middle of the pool and everyday from 6-8pm it is happy hour with live music. We go almost everyday after we know about the promotion and if you grab a few friends or your loved ones, it is very enjoyful experience. U can also order french fries and Nachos as you wish. The drinks comes with peanuts also.
Also if you are into swimming, the pool is quite long, it is a circular pool but interconnnected, so you can actually almost swim the full circle without much interruptions. And there are beach chairs around the pool very beautiful and relaxed.
The Buffet breakfast selection is quite good as well, has egg, noodles, and waffels counters. All the staff are very very friendly and accomodating and u can also sit next to the pool to enjoy the outdoor feel as well. However it is quite pricy, if you dont include the breakfast option in your bookings then it costs around USD 25 dollars.
The room is spacious and clean. The staff comes twice a day to help you clean the room (one of which is the turn down service). Only thing which is a bit interruptive is that they come to check on the minibar everyday, however they dont top it up everyday (so not sure what is the purpose of checking everyday...). But the room is very comfortable and clean and no complains.
The reception is also very clean and modern designed. there are huge seating spaces (which are as big as beds) for you to rest and you can rest very comfortably while you are waiting or in general just sit there to relax.
The only thing is that i feel the restaurant option is a little bit limited, they have a Momo cafe and that is their main restaurant for meals. Where as other hotels nearby (Ayoda) seem to have more options to choose from.
On their private beach, they have a table as well where is decorated very romantically. If you want to surprise your loved ones on a special occation, 2 of you dining while looking at the sunset surely is quite romantic.
Overall we loved our stay in Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua and will definitely consider visit again when we visit Bali next time.

Room Tip: Our room didnt have a bath tub, we had the pool view delux room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable insights. At the Courtyard Marriott Bali Nusa Dua we endeavor to provide you with the level of service and facilities that is synonymous with the brand. Thank you so much on the detailed review which makes us feel so encouraged to go that extra mile for our guests when they are with us.

Your constructive feedback on the breakfast pricing too high I will again revisit with the F&B team to see with the variety we offer what is the best pricing. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the House Keeping associates coming to the room twice for the mini bar and turn down. I will certainly look into the matter and rectify any not appropriate process. I look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the Courtyard by Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This property really is like a double edge sword. It can turn from super nice to outrageously frustrating in a heartbeat. Case no 1: Check in experience was superb, the reception staff was genuinely warm and welcoming, upgrading me because of my Marriott Rewards Elite status without prompting. Yet minutes later I walked into an elevator full of Housekeeping staff who not only failed to greet a guest but then went on to giggle their way LOUDLY all the way out of the elevator, into the same corridor as my room, and then continue to laugh and talked loudly outside my room that I just had to to to go out of my room and scold them. Case no 2: the property as noted by other reviewers is impeccably designed yet I just don't understand why they position the aircon in the guest room in such a way as to let it blow DIRECTLY into the bed and, by extension, the head and face of a sleeping guest is beyond comprehension. Case no 3 and this is my BIGGEST pet peeve: I took a walk around the this beautiful property and had just walked into the hotel's ground floor corridor from the parking lot when a security guard ran after me from the parking lot, stopped me in my track and then demanded that I turned around and re-enter the hotel building thru the main entrance which meant that I have to make a huge U turn thru the parking lot and then up the steep driveway to a main entrance located on the 2nd floor; all because of the need to have ALL people entering the hotel's main building walk thru a metal detector and X-ray scan machine. Now, I am all for security measures; but this was definitely an overkill to have a registered hotel guest who had a walk around INSIDE the hotel's premise to get scanned again. Worse, there are NO warning signs whatsoever posted to alert guests and/or visitors of this security requirements. If the hotel intends to herd all foot traffic thru the metal detector maybe they should just erect a barrier in the other access doors altogether!! Totally stupid and annoying!

Room Tip: Get a pool view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RoniWDenpasar_Bali
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua and for review of the hotel.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction in particular with the number of incidents you were kind enough to elaborate. We do have very high standards of housekeeping associates behavior in front of the house area and I am concerned to read that we did not demonstrate these during your stay. We use our guest’s feedback to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standard of service to our guests and will certainly share with the team to ensure that your issues are taken seriously.

I was saddened to read that you found the hotel room not up to the standard on the air con vent positioning which has been many a times appreciated by our valued guests.

With respect to the security check policy at out hotel, I am disappointed to read that this matter was not handled to your satisfaction. I am sure though you can respect that we do take the security and safety of all our guests in the hotel as our first and foremost priority and thus have a policy that all guests are required to pass through the same security features. I do though apologize that we were not able to stop the security measures to your satisfaction.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope that you will think of us again should you travel to Bali again in the near future.

Safe travels ahead and kind regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this Courtyard from Feb 7-9, 2014. This property does not feel like a Courtyard - due to the sprawling area this resort is located on. Unfortunately not on a beach.

Good room, upgraded as a platinum guest - opening out to the pool area - conveying a good sense of accessibility to the tropical foliage surrounding the nice pool & bar. Good breakfast buffet - well worth the $14 price per person. I don't agree with some of the other reviews that there weren't that many choices - lots of choices for breakfast perhaps this has changed recently (?).
Where we did struggle were the dinner choices in their menu as there weren't many choices - I suppose with many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, it was only a few of us with little ones that had to use their on-site restaurant.

The hospitality at the restaurant was a hit/miss at times. The lead manager during breakfasts paid attention to everyone, engaged with guests, as did many of the staff. The dinner staff was different than the morning staff and some were easy going and others were a bit uptight about accomodating requests; e.g. we asked for bowl of yogurt along with a dinner with three entrees - and were told us we needed to pay $7 USD for the bowl of yogurt, to us that did not make any sense as the entrees were all around $14-20 USD. When we asked if it could be included at no charge, the server went on to state that the bowl is $15 USD during breakfast and she can do it for $7. What nonsense - we were tired and had a hungry little one to contend with so didn't have the time to escalate this at the time. In any case, the front desk check-in person (really petite lady, sorry can't recall name, Mate/Mae?, was very hospitable and made up for some of the odd occurences). We availed of the hotel car to/from the airport.

The off-site beach and the shuttle to the beach was not convenient - shuttle runs on the hour/every hour and often times is crowded (the hotel was sold out during our stay). Perhaps more shuttles are needed. Housekeeping staff was excellent and very prompt.

Overall - a good experience, good value, spacious, clean rooms, liked the pool access and hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for pool access rooms on the ground level - helps navigate easily to the pool, the pool bar (for...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PKB1

Dear Guest,

Appreciate you taking the time to review the Courtyard Marriott Bali Nusa Dua. I am glad you enjoyed your experience at MoMo Café for breakfast however was not very happy to read the evening experience, I sincerely regret the inconvenience and assure you that we are very flexible with all our guests and cater to their requirements as per the preferences.

My team and I strive to provide each of our valued guests with signature Marriott Standards and Service and I am pleased that we have succeeded in this endeavor. We have been receiving tremendous response for our personalized services at all guest touch points and we owe it all to our cherished Platinum guests like you. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you at our hotel in the future!