“A Superb Hotel in Nusa Dua”

Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Superb Hotel in Nusa Dua”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was staying for 2 nights and booked directly from their website. The lobby is impressive, the swimming pool is great, the kids will definitely love it, the room is fantastic, clean and modern.
I booked the deluxe room with pool view.
Moreover, if you travel with your family that consists of 2 adults and 2 kids below 17, you can choose the twin bed configuration. The bed is a queen-sized bed, so if you stay with your 2 kids under 17, I am sure one room will fit 2 adults and 2 kids.
Th breakfast is also superb. Many variety and good quality of food. Based on my experience, if you have kids no more than 12, get the hotel rate that includes the breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and under).
This is the best hotel in terms of the property and the affordable price, except for those who look for the hotel with direct access to the beach. However they have private beach and provide the vehicle to go there.

Room Tip: pool view is better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent our last four days in Bali at the Courtyard. Nice clean hotel, but has appearance of maintenance issues for a two-year old hotel. Rooms were nice, spacious and clean, but very noisy. No carpeting on the floor, so any noise from other rooms magnifies to rooms all around. Was awakened every morning early by dragging furniture, crying kids and loud speaking guest running up and down the halls. Staff attentive and friendly. MoMo Cafe menu was decent and of good quality and an excellent buffet breakfast. Pool was very nice but needed a few more lounge chairs to accommodate the numbers. While the hotel was ok, we most likely will not return to Nusa Dua as we prefer the other areas of Sanur, Seminyak or Kuta for the "real" Bali experience. Nusa Dua is too isolated from the authentic experience of Bali that can be enjoyed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy - ask for a quiet area if there is such a thing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregory R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property a number of times. It use to be quite secluded and quiet, however it has now started becoming more family orientated which is not so good when you are trying to relax by the pool. The buffet breakfast is lovely and reasonably priced and the staff at this hotel are all very nice also. I would recommend this property, however for couples i would say your best bet is to come during off peak times during non-school holidays.
The pool is lovely, short walk to the beach and restaurants and convenience stores are all located close and near by. The resort also offers free wi-fi in public areas, as well as a business centre. With the new infrastructure that has been built its also now only a 30min drive from Ngurah Rai (Denpasar) International Airport

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed in Bali for 5 days, it's a paradise especially if you're staying in Nusa Dua, Marriott is the best hotel ever ! they have nicest staff, best swimming pool. i'm sure coming back to Bali & will stay here again.

Room Tip: pool side room looks good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mark_sgpr
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bali beaches are dirty. Western people hear Bali, and think BEACH..but-it's pretty 3rd world, and after rains, the western beaches are dirty. Like- Dirty diaper, condoms, syringes in water Dirty. not just dirty. The only beach to go to during the rainy season we found was Nusa Dua. We stayed at this hotel for 2 days, and found it a bit above average for Indonesia. I'm American, so I am a bit of a princess traveler- and I would recommend this property for people that are needing a bit of western, in their eastern travel! It was clean, had food that I recognized, and a great pool. There is a shuttle to a really nice resort beach, with chairs- umbrellas and wait staff to feel resort-ish. It was just what I needed after my true asian adventure in other parts of Bali. The only draw back is for those who want to keep up the Adventure. This place could be a beach in Florida, so you do not get that asian feel. But- it was just what I needed at this time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank paulajab
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I just spent 5 days/ 4 nights at the Courtyard Nusa Dua and it was the best experience we have had at a resort in quite some time. The grounds are beautiful, the lagoon style pool was wonderfull and the staff was exceptional! We will be recommending this hotel to all of our friends who are going to visit Bali.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room that opened out to the pool. FANTASTIC!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick B
Jakarta
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in all the hotels in Nusa Dua in the past 20 years or so that we have been coming to Bali, mostly twice a year. Courtyard by Marriot, being the new kid on the block, appealed to us because a) it is relatively new; and b) our favorite hotels were already fully booked over the Christmas holidays, having made up our minds too late on where to spend Christmas.

The good points:
1. Free wifi internet anywhere. Or perhaps I got it for free because I'm a member of the Marriot Program. Whatever, free wifi is always a good thing in a hotel.

2. Check-in was a breeze. Polite and warm reception from the front desk staff. Kudos.

3. Warm and cordial service from all the hotel staff especially from the MoMo Cafe where breakfast is served daily. Another kudos.

4. Fairly decent room size where a family of 4 (with 2 young kids) can fit comfortably. The queen size bed in a double room was very comfortable. The bed mattress gave us quality sleep every night.

Areas of improvements:
1. The walls in the bedroom were really thin. I could hear my next door neighboor and their conversation. Worse, our neighbor had noisy, screaming young children that would wake us up all the time. This was very, very annoying especially when you are looking forward to sleeping in (which means NOT getting up past 6AM).

2. There was always a shortage of pool towels. Twice we were told that there were no towels yet and we had to wait for almost an hour. I don't know why.

3. Perhaps the hotel could spruce up their landscaping by adding more flowery shrubs and colorful plants. Compared to the other gardens of their neighboring hotels, Courtyard Marriot's garden is boring, not as lush and looks uninspired.

4. The hotel could add more sun loungers in the pool area, especially the traditional balinese wooden chaise lounge. The singer they hired to sing by the pool side on Christmas Day was a terrible idea. It was loud and off-key. I felt like I was in some cheap resort in Kuta or Pattaya.

We've stayed here for 5 days. I wouldn't say it was a great stay but I would not call it bad either. However, when in Bali, I would most prefer to stay in a hotel by the beach front. I missed hearing the waves and the feel of the sand on my barefeet, right when I want it, when I feel like it. Having to take a ride first to go to the beach could be a big chore when you are already in a resort in Nusa Dua.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family