This resort is located at the Nusa Dua Tourist District, this area is very nice but you don't see the real Bali with the old street and local people. The district is only for tourists and very well secured (every car that want to enter this area undergoes a security check). The district is very beautifull and very quiet and calm, which I like. The resort is located quite central, there are some restaurants around the corner (outside the Nusa Dua Tourist District) which are quite good and the Bali Collection (shopping centre; restaurants, etc.) is located at a ten minute walk from the hotel. The beach is also very close to the hotel, it's about 5 minutes walking. It is aproximately a 20 to 25 minute drive from Ngurah Rai Airport to the hotel, which costs about 100.000 IDR (with meter). When you want to take a taxi with meter, take a Blue Bird taxi! Note that at you have to buy a Visa On Arrival at entry of Indonesia, which costs $25, so take money with you in advance. To leave Indonesia you also have to pay; domestic: 30.000 IDR per person and international: 150.000 IDR per person, this isn't included in your ticket price!
At arrival you need to go through a metal detector (this is repeated every time when you will enter the hotel again), the security level of the hotel is quite high. At check-in you will get a welcome drink and a wet (cold) towel, which is very nice. The check-in wasn't very quick but it was still OK, maybe that's because we arrived a little bit earlier than expected. After check-in the person who checked you in will guide you to your room and will ask you if you want a little tour through the hotel. Then he/she will show you the restaurant and the pool. At arrival at your room he/she will ask you if he/she needs to show you all the features of the room.
The lobby quite big and is furnished very nice with modern furniture, the atmosphere is very relaxing and very nice. The hotel is really big, it has six wings with four floors, so it's quite big. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the Bali Collection, which is good. When you are member of Marriot Rewards you can acces the internet for free, when you aren't a member, ask if you can become a member. We had some problems with the free internet because we didn't saw that we could acces the internet for free. I went to the reception to ask some things about it and the staff said that you simply choose a option (to pay) at the acces screen and that it will be corrected when you leave. I must say that the staff is really helpfull and interested.
We booked a deluxe room with two double beds and with pool view. The room is quite big and has a nice marble floor and the finishing of the room was very good. The furniture is again very modern and contemperorary. The bathroom was really huge compared to the room and featured toilet with built in bidet and a really good rain shower, you could sit in the shower. There was a desk in the room with a high speed cable internet connection available (at a charge unless your a Marriott Rewards member; the internet is quite expensive). We had a little issue with the cable connection, when we plugged it in to our netbook, we couldn't get it out when we wanted. Eventually I succeeded with peeling the cable out. The beds were really good and very soft, I liked them very very much! The linen and cushions was also very nice. The room features airconditioning with very expanded options to personalise the settings. The room also has a nice balcony with some seats, when the door to the balcony is opened, the airconiditioning will switch off. There were two disadvantages; 1. the rooms are a little bit noisy, when somebody is walking through the corridor, espicially the room service, in the middle of the night, you can hear that clearly (because the corridors have a stone floor); 2. The airconditioning blows right into your face when you're sleaping, but as I said, the airconditioning is very good personalisable. One little extra disadvantage is that we saw that our piece of carpet in the room wasn't cleaned properly, as well as the glass door to the shower (one time).
Breakfast was included in our room rate, so that was very nice. The breakfast was really good, there is plenty of choice. They offer Western as well as Asian food. There are a lot of pasteries, which I liked very much. There are plenty of freshly juiced juices and you have also a wide scala of breakfast cereals. The staff at the restaurant is very kind and refills your cup constant with coffee or tea. One major pro is that every morning the Food and Beverage Manager came along to greet you and ask you how you are today, it think that's a really good level of service and I enjoyed it very very much! The restaurant is seperated in a smoking (inside) and non-smoking part (outside). The staff will come up to you with a bill every time you take part of the breakfast, you have to sign this bill. We were questioning if they wouldn't charge the breakfast twice, but after a inquiry they said that it was for their administration. The restaurant is located on the ground floor and has direct acces to the pool area.
The hotel offers one pool which is located at the center of the six wings of the hotel. The pool is really big, it is seperated in two parts, which are seperated by stones so that you can cross the pool. The middle of the pool offers a small 'island' with a bar and some sunbeds. There are plenty of sunbeds around the whole pool, just like there are four of five showers around the pool. The pool is around 30 or 40 meters long and that twice because it's a kind of river. There is also a kids part in the pool which is located at one end of the pool. One little disadvantage of the pool is the amount of leafs in the pool, but the poolguards often try to clean the pool of leafs. The pool is cleaned every morning with a vacuum cleaner. At the bar at the island in the pool you can also get some balls or table tennis bats. There is also a kids club which was finished during our stay. There is a garden around the hotel, on the other side of the wings, but I think it isn't finished yet. There is some construction work going on at the hotel sight but it didn't gave nuisance.
The check-out was quite fast and good. A taxi could be arranged through the concierge or tours desk at the front of the hotel. When you want a taxi with meter, ask for one, otherwise you may get one without meter.
The overall performance of this hotel is excellent despite the few and little disadvantages. It really would recommend this hotel to my friends!
+ Very good breakfast
+ Nice, friendly, helpfull and interested staff
+ Visit my manager at breakfast
+ Nice view
+ Shuttle service
+ Very good pool
+ Calm area
+ Good beds and very nice room
+ Huge bathroom with very nice rain shower!
+ Free high speed internet (when Marriott Rewards Member; ask upon arrival!)
+ Modern and contemperoray furniture; relaxing atmosphere
+ Very high-end hotel
- Little bit noisy rooms
- Airconditioning blows in your face when you're asleep.
- Leafs in the pool
(- Some construction work going on)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the stunning coast of southern Bali, and minutes away from the tranquil and pristine white sand beaches, our new Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua hotel's location is ideal. Situated in luxurious Nusa Dua, an idyllic paradise perfect for those wanting romance or serenity, our Nusa Dua resort's locale is desired as destination for relaxation or a family vacation. Make memories at our Bali hotel's lagoon swimming pool, pamper yourself at our health club and spa, or take a long, romantic walk on the nearby beach. For those wishing to explore the allure of Balinese culture, local cuisine and shopping, as well as entertainment, can be found at the Bali Collection close by - where connecting with the Balinese people is a breeze. Nearby attractions include Waterborn Park, Benoa Marine, and a championship 18-hole golf course and they are sure to please any outdoor enthusiast or adventure seeker. With so much to explore all around, our Nusa Dua hotel's accommodations and public spaces are the perfect home base for small groups, families, honeymooners, and solo travelers wanting a trip of a lifetime. Come capture the splendor of island life with Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort. We look forward to welcoming you to our Nusa Dua Bali hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Hotel Nusa Dua
- Courtyard By Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort