This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed at the Nusa Dua retreat. Yet again after staying a week in Tuban it was nice to retreat to a quiet sanctuary.
We were offered a free upgrade and chose a deluxe room which was brilliant. It was away from the main part of the hotel but not a problem. We were greeted warmly and shown very professional service in our check in.
While it is classed as Nusa Dua , yes it is 15 minutes from the Nusa Dua compound with all of the 5 star hotels, but this is offset by being quiet and remote,set in a rural area that is why it is called a retreat!
Pandawa Beach is within walking distance or accessible with the free shuttle to and from the beach. I find it very relaxing walking to the beach as it is down hill from the retreat but coming back, unless you are really fit would find it hard going on the return.
The staff are really helpful, some of their English is not too good, but the only way that it is going to get better is if they practice with the guests and really it is not that hard to get across what you are wanting. We also heard them speaking to other Asian guests in their native tongue.
We found this gem of a place on a Scoopon deal last year and did not know if we were going to be disappointed,but it is where we will book when returning to Bali.
If you are wanting a 5 star, non personal, faultless experience this is not the place for you.....but if you are wanting an escape from the main stream Bali, really relax in a great clean villa, kind and friendly staff and do not mind having to use a shuttle service to get to the main hub this is for you!
All I can say is that people have different expectations of what they want their stay to be like and to what standards, I myself am quite fussy and LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nusa Dua Retreat Boutique Villa resort and Spa offers one-bedroom pool villas, extra large one-bedroom deluxe pool villas and a three-bedroom deluxe pool villa. Each villa has a living room, kitchen, roomy air-conditioned en suite bathroom and a large private pool. The pool villas also offer a rooftop sundeck ideal for soaking in Bali's tropical sunshine. A restaurant, private beach club, resort center pool and spa round up the retreat's complete range of facilities. Located in the charming hillside country of the Bukit Peninsula above the world class resort destination of Nusa Dua, the Nusa Dua Retreat affords views over the Indian Ocean ad features its own private beach club on the nearby secluded Kutuh Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Nusa Dua Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Retreat Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Retreat And Spa Bali