How do they keep the lagoon water so pure ? It must be filtered daily to look as pristine as it does. My wife and I were staying in a villa on the lagoon so we had our own private outdoor plunge pool with the added pleasure of the lagoon for bathing just in front of us. You can actually swim 300 metres to a restaurant. The hotel is quite obviously at the very high end of the market. Its breakfast buffet was delightful with waiters arriving at your table with little offerings to tempt you: never seen that before. As usual in Bali they don't quite know when to leave you alone but the devotion to your pleasure is a charming idea all the same.
The delicatessen makes its own upmarket chocolates and patisserie (French patissier) and you can have a delicious coffee there throughout the day.
Of the restaurants we got a little tired of the beach side restaurant mainly due to the service which was variable and the rather limited lunch menu but this is small stuff compared to the rest: its a stunning hotel and to get your own butler (even though he is part-time) is quite something.
Most appreciated was the room service which was fast and very well organised.
The wine list at this hotel is compiled by a very knowledgeable award-winning German master of his art from all over the world and has won many awards.
A word of warning: in common with many other Bali hotels the management likes you to pay for your daily expenses with the same card you used to pay for the trip: not convenient for all travellers like me who like to use several different cards. This caused a little contre-temps right at the start but let's move on.
The staff were above average in training and understanding of westerners especially room service.
If you don't want to splash out on a villa, the apartments in the main building are pretty good: we had a friend with us staying in one and can vouch for them.
This is a classy hotel with high standards and we recommend it unreservedly.
Oliver and Lavinia, Perth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua