“Quite a find”

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Perth
“Quite a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

How do they keep the lagoon water so pure ? It must be filtered daily to look as pristine as it does. My wife and I were staying in a villa on the lagoon so we had our own private outdoor plunge pool with the added pleasure of the lagoon for bathing just in front of us. You can actually swim 300 metres to a restaurant. The hotel is quite obviously at the very high end of the market. Its breakfast buffet was delightful with waiters arriving at your table with little offerings to tempt you: never seen that before. As usual in Bali they don't quite know when to leave you alone but the devotion to your pleasure is a charming idea all the same.

The delicatessen makes its own upmarket chocolates and patisserie (French patissier) and you can have a delicious coffee there throughout the day.

Of the restaurants we got a little tired of the beach side restaurant mainly due to the service which was variable and the rather limited lunch menu but this is small stuff compared to the rest: its a stunning hotel and to get your own butler (even though he is part-time) is quite something.

Most appreciated was the room service which was fast and very well organised.

The wine list at this hotel is compiled by a very knowledgeable award-winning German master of his art from all over the world and has won many awards.

A word of warning: in common with many other Bali hotels the management likes you to pay for your daily expenses with the same card you used to pay for the trip: not convenient for all travellers like me who like to use several different cards. This caused a little contre-temps right at the start but let's move on.

The staff were above average in training and understanding of westerners especially room service.

If you don't want to splash out on a villa, the apartments in the main building are pretty good: we had a friend with us staying in one and can vouch for them.

This is a classy hotel with high standards and we recommend it unreservedly.

Oliver and Lavinia, Perth.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view over the ocean
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear MilesPerth,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Your kind compliment to our property facilities are really much appreciated since we believe that our valued guest comments keep our work performance constantly on its level. We will keep maintaining our performance and improving every sector in the hotel so that we can always fulfill our guest satisfaction.

We do hope for having chance to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

In this hotel you can find the best things in the world: italian water, french butter, macarons... The rooms are splendid, very big, large terace, big bathroom, comfortable bed. The resort looks great and is very exclusive. The spa is a wonder. The restaurant is very expensive and the food is not great, but you can eat outside, there are cars picking you up from the restaurant on the beach. We had a great time

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Trip294458,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for being one of our loyal guest and for again choosing our resort as your resort preferences.

I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and that you have enjoyed your dining experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your continued support and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This resort hands down gets all the complete 5 star rating in my book. My wife and I ended our Bali honeymoon for the last 4 nights here after The Viceroy in Ubud (amazing relaxing resort) and we stayed in the Lagoon Villa and it was fabulous. Spacious and private. My wife and I most likely shared a tear when we both walked into this place! I am truly impressed with the more than friendly staff, wonderful service, and fantastic dining. If you can get the villa, ask for Butler Agus Ary to help with your needs and wants. I do recommend off site dining at the Arawana restaurant at the Laguna Resort as well. St. Regis Bali was and is worth it to me. Thank you St. Regis Bali for making my wife happy. Till next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Su D,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort !

Thanking you for having time shared this feedback through TripAdvisor.com. After reviewing your kind feedback we understand that you have experienced our resort with a good impression. Your kind compliment to our unobtrusive colleagues and our property facilities are really much appreciated since we believe that our valued guest comments keep our work performance constantly on its level. We will keep maintaining our performance and improving every sector in the hotel so that we can always fulfill our guest satisfaction.

Luica Liu
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at St. Regis Bali with my parents and sister (suite room), and I have no doubt that this hotel is the best one in Bali. Service was excellent, the room was incredibly huge, amenities were beyond expectation, and the breakfast was the best thing I've ever had so far, so delicious. I would love to come again!

Room Tip: Don't miss the wagyu beef, foie gras, and lobster that are served for breakfast. They are free!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alexander T
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Alexander T,

Sunny greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for a wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us.

I am so proud to read your concisely review and that you have mentioned our resort is “best of the best”!

At the same time, I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your St. Regis experience and that you loved our cuisine too.

Indeed, its my pleasure to welcome you back soon to have a more excellent experience as your previous stay.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I have just spent five days at the St Regis in a pool villa. I choose a Garden Villa to get maximum privacy and it certainly was private - once we were in our gate we were completely alone. The villa itself is very large and nicely appointed. The decor is an interesting mix of Balinese and fancy American hotel. I had a number of baths which were lovely although I would say the bathrooms weren't as spectacular as those at the Banyon Tree where we stayed last year.
The resort is really great, gorgeous gardens and the beach beautiful with the most comfortable lounge chairs and great service. The lagoon pool is ridiculous! In a good way. It's huge and all the lagoon villas back onto it (so they have a private pool and the large lagoon).
The restaurants are also very good. Its true what they say about the breakfast - mindblowing and you have to really watch how much you eat because you just want to try everything. We had dinner at all three of the restaurants and all were good. Kayaputi is fantastic and we had a really lovely dinner one night in the Deli.
So resort great, villa great, food great - and the people were beyond great. Fantastic, unobtrusive service the entire time we were there. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want total privacy, the garden villas are best. Or if you want to try the lagoon villa or be...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Su D,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort !

Luica Liu
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Everything was wonderful at the St. Regis. I was glad we bumped up for the villa with a plunge pool and lazy river that takes you around to the pool that is at the beach. Make sure you get the breakfast buffet included. It's delicious. The staff is incredible!!! My family was quite happy!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank familymomtravel
Dear familymomtravel,

Sunny greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Its an honor to receive a feedback and to read your review tittle “a true 5 star experince” for which I thank you very much!

I am so glad that your St. Regis experience was wonderful and that you have enjoyed the facilities also our cuisine.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back for another incredible experience.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

St. Regis is a most luxury brand from Starwood, but my experience here don't live up their reputation.

Need to Improve:
-Value: terrible Value, for 500 USD in St Regis you only get a Classic Garden View Suite Room, 92 sqm. If you stay in Banyan Tree, you can get a very spacious Pool Villa (Villa-stand alone building) maybe over 403 sqm, with jacuzzi and private pool. If you stay in Room, it will be lack of privacy, for that sky rocketing price, you can get best value everywhere with Villa stay- for the best privacy.
-Their official website have a "best rate guarantee policy", beware of this policy, as sometimes, the other travel website (like hotelsclick, agoda, booking, etc) sometimes sell their room with cheaper price. If you can find lower price, you can sent a Online Claim Form, and if they accept your claim, you can get a discount. IMHO it's a hassle for me, as I must check everyday to other travel website. My friend stay here 2 years ago, and they don't know about this policy, so they loss about USD 300.
-After I watch St.Regis Bali video on Youtube and read others review too. I expecting my arrival experience will be the most enjoyable one (pick up us after we landed form airplane (before arrival hall), but in my case they just pick up us in arrival area, after baggage claim... And more thing they use a 3rd party car (Express Taxi-which their owner is same as St.Regis Bali). I expecting they use their own car accompanied with St.Regis butler (St. Regis Mercedes R-Class in Youtube), in reality they use a 3rd party Express Taxi a Old Mercedes ML class, which a little bit dirty. It makes a very big difference if St.Regis use their own car with own butler, as we can speak about the resort facilities, etc (Express Taxi driver is polite enough, but they don't know at all about St.Regis Bali).
-As I mentioned in previous review about St.Regis Bali: The television and wi-fi did not work well, down many times, especially wi-fi in beach area. The sea and salt lagoon pool is very dirty, In sea many plastic leftover coffee, instant noodles, etc. In the salt lagoon pool, there are many fall leaves and flowers.
-Hospitality: when I met the security guard on the beach (near the Strand Villas), they even turned away when I passed, usually at another hotel, they say hello and smile. One time in Lobby, I see hotel GM, Mrs.Lucia Liu, you just set your butler when you are a group of guests arrive, greet your guests indirectly (like in Amankila, Alila Uluwatu, etc, the GM personally meet and greet us when we arrive). In my opinion, this is good, because you pay attention to your guests, but for me this kind of arrival experience is less personal.

And the saving grace was:
-Their Breakfast at Boneka: WOW, WOW, WOW, very delicious, they have a caviar, lobster, foie gras, wagyu, oyster etc... It's combination a from buffet style, and ready to order a la minute. PS: in my opinion have a breakfast experience here is much better than staying here (the hospitality, service, hotel room, grounds, beach is too mediocre).
-When make reservation, I make it clear that my purpose for stay here is to celebrate my special moments, and St.Regis, sent a delicious cake for us, nice touch.

Recommended: No, see my others review for Bali section (Amankila, Alila Uluwatu), St.Regis Bali is far inferior.
Return To Sleep: No, but I definitely will return for brunch in Boneka/Kayuputi.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Room facing ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FSB_81
Dear FSB-81,

Sunny greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I am very sorry to read your personal experience at our resort.

In the other vent, I would like to thank you for the positive feedback regarding our cuisine that I will certainly share it with the teams.

With respect to your concerns pertaining to our “best rate guarantee” I believe it is clearly explained in our official website with it terms and conditions.

As we are constantly striving to improve ourselves, I appreciate your honest comments very much. I will definitely have an internal discussion with the teams on each and every concerns you highlighted as we take guest feedback very seriously and your feedback will certainly be used for further improvement.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back and I do hope that this experience will not permanently mar your opinion of our resort.