We have recently returned from an amazing family holiday at the St Regis Bali. We (myself,wife and twin daughters aged 8) stayed in a plunge pool suite.We upgraded at a discounted rate from a suite originally offered with a view of renovations going on nearby.The plunge pool suite was spectacular with a tropical garden,bale to relax in,decking with luxurious loungers and a plunge pool and jacuzzi. The suite was lovely with elegant furnishings,well maintained and fantastic bathroom with rainshower. The butler service was very attentive and night time hot chocolate/fruit tea and cookies for the girls was a lovely touch.
The hotel design is very Balinese and there is the sound of water flowing everywhere. A lot of thought has gone into the architecture which is stunning ranging from lobby,gardens,restaurants and pools. We have never seen a pool as tropical and tranquil as the salt water lagoon. My daughters loved the main pool and it was difficult to get them out of the pools. The bales by the pool were a wonderful place to relax whilst the girls swam.The beach was also stunning.Golden sand with the waves calming by the afternoon. The loungers on the beach were luxurious and the service very attentive.
The pool bar served some amazing cocktails and our favourites were the passiflora mojito and passion cosmopolitan-true tropical flavours. It was also a great place for lunch. The staff were great and on one day one of my daughters was feeling a bit shivery and within minutes a hot chocolate drink was brought for her without us even asking or thinking of it. We were so impressed.
I celebrated my 50th birthday at the St Regis, Special thanks to Putu Yuliana and his bar team at the King Cole Bar who went out of their way to make my day special.They arranged a cake and sang me Happy Birthday. He also made us a special apple martini. I don't think we have ever had this level of service in a hotel before and have travelled extensively around the world.In fact this is the first hotel that has inspired me to write a review on Trip Advisor.
The breakfasts at Boneka were the best we have ever had. The set up is a mixture of buffet and a la carte. The cinnamon French croissants,Bircher Meusli and delicious fresh juices were something to look forward to. We are vegetarian and the staff went out of their way to accomodate us. The chef made us special Indonesian breakfast dishes without us asking and special turtle shaped pancakes for the girls.
The Gourmand Deli and Kayuputi were also amazing. Please see my separate reviews for these. Didik in the Gourmand Deli looked after us very well.
I must also mention Chef Agung Gede. He went out of his way to make sure we were looked after.He made special breakfast dishes and arranged delicious gourmet sandwiches for when we left. But most importantly he arranged a vegetarian degustation menu for my birthday at Kayuputi. We have not tasted vegetarian food of this elegance and exquisiteness before. The staff at Kayuputi also gave me a cake and sang to me. Lunch at Kayuputi overlooking the beach/ocean was also unforgettable.
My wife went to the spa and also felt the treatments were some of the best she has had. The setting of the spa was beautiful.
Thank you St Regis for the wonderful attention and memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua