Very nice hotel, but SPG platinum be warned: upgrades are severely limited and they simply don't take your suite night awards. The main hotel building is very nice and we were upgraded from a room with a crappy view of a construction site to a view toward the ocean, which was very nice but if you think you're going to get one of the villas on an upgrade you're dreaming. Room was very nice with ample desk and couch. Butler service was amazing and includes lattes at any hour. Breakfast simply amazing: one of the best buffet spreads I've ever seen and the staff come around with specialty dishes that you can try - all included in the room rate. Pools are great - one chlorine and one salt water that goes on for ever and is surrounded by the villas. Great lounge areas, and a swim up bar make the whole area great for hanging out for the entire day.
As far as food, the traditional Indonesian restaurant is quite good but slow, and the modern French-Indonesian fusion restaurant is also quite good with a commensurate price. The disadvantage of being in Nusa Dua is that you're somewhat dependent on cabs and recommendations to get out and eat elsewhere, and it takes about 20 min to get out of the resort area.
The spa at the St Regis is really rather nice and the gym next to it is more than sufficient. Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The one thing I would say is that Bali has become extremely touristy and there seemed to be very little authenticity anywhere, even Ubud, so absolutely go to the St. Regis in Bali for an amazing beach vacation, but don't go expecting an authentic cultural experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua