“Wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Chicago
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever been to. Beautiful architecture, spacious rooms, great location and good service. This is a great place for a honeymoon as they treat you with true luxury. True it comes with a cost but I never felt it wasn't worth it. We enjoyed all the hotel facilities and were very happy with the service received. The only exception was the concierge. On the 1st day we had a manager who gave us great tips and was super helpful with arrangements. On the 2nd and 3rd day, the concierge didn't seem to know anything and kept pushing us to use the hotel restaurants etc. I hate when hotels do this, especially when you are already spending a lot per day. The Old King Cole bar is fantastic and the singer was super good nice asking us is she could sing something special since she knew we were on our honeymoon. Try the Lychee martinis. They are the best I have had in the world. They are pricey at ~$20 but worth every penny. Oh and the breakfast buffet....amazing. The selection is huge and the treats are delightful. One of the best I have ever had. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views and are super spacious and private.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Aschaffrath,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor.com.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon in our resort, and that we contributed in some small way in making your holiday with us a pleasant and memorable one.

In regards to the services provided by our concierge, rest assure that I have spoken with the department head concerned where your valuable feedback highlighted and they will accordingly follow up with the associate to improve on our service standard.

In closing, I would like to thank you once more for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort. I certainly hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to this paradise island.

With best regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had a very nice 4 night stay at the St. Regis but it wasn't special enough to have me give it 5 stars. Don't get me wrong, the resort is beautiful but just not my style. We stayed in two standard suites for the price of what a villa in another resort would cost. Upon check-in we actually considered going for a lagoon 2 bdrm villa instead of 2 suites for a minimal fee but the villa's are hidden under a lot of trees, which while nice, makes the rooms a bit dark.

The suites were nice, very well equipped and spacious. Still and sparkling water are complimentary, which is a very nice touch. Internet was fabulous as you had access everywhere INCLUDING the beach which was a surprise. Breakfast buffet was very good at Boneka. I suggest the veal liver and the fois gras. My wife loved the baked oysters and the lobster omelet. The rest of the family also indulged in the croissant french breads, the fresh sliced mangos. In short, room = good, breakfast = excellent. Top tip. A small piece of fois gras comes with a sunny side up egg. You can request no egg.

What we didn't find as appealing was the dinner buffet at Boneka. Ordering from the table menu (part of the buffet) was frustrating. Wagyu beef was often overcooked and with five times the amount of mashed potatoes than beef. Nothing really excited us...

Towels, though clean, didn't seem new. We expect a hotel like St. Regis not to have shaggy or missing edges or overused towels. There were no stains, however, which would've been a deal breaker.

We understand that Bali is tropical and with that come mosquitoes. We only wish that they had provided matches for the mosquito repellent incense they provided. One room was completely devoid of matches while the other had a used box with about a quarter of the matches left. Not exactly 5 star standards. I might be nitpicking but it did make us wonder.

The grounds are decent but be careful not to set foot without sandals. Paths were brutally hot and refuge is few and far between. Sandals are a must. And while the lagoon is open to all guests, I'm pretty sure they don't really want all guests to swim there as there is only one entrance to the entire lagoon from outside.

The beach is very Nusa Dua. The break is far far away so there isn't much of a wave when it reaches the beach. This made taking our daughter into the sea much safer. In Kuta, while walking on the beach, a larger wave nearly swept my daughter away. In this sense Nusa Dua was the right choice as the primary beach. My daughter is 2. The beach is wonderful and white sand is beautiful. Orange squash at the wet bar was nice, too.

Service in general I thought was decent but my wife didn't think they were as polite, as friendly as what we've come to expect in 5 star resorts.

All in all, it was a nice stay. Come to think of it, I think the reason I wouldn't give it a 5 star is that staying in a suite for that kind of money was just not worth it.

Room Tip: Suites not the best. And still a lot of money. If you can get a good deal, great. Otherwise, spend t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bigbrainblue
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Bigbrainblue,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.Com

I was happy to hear that you like the room, the breakfast and the beach at our resort.

I have noted the shortfalls happened during your stay with us and would like to express my sincerest apologies. Please allow me to take your comments with all its points and use it as training and learning exercise for our associates to ensure fine tuning is made for the future. I really appreciate your fair openness and constructive feedback. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to department heads responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our associates in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your constructive feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

With this in mind again thank you for your feedback and I hope I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort on your next trip to Bali.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is the first day I have ever reviewed on tripadvisor and I have to say that this is THE destination in Bali. The hotel is a beautiful sprawling beach-front property where the service is outstanding, the restaurants are excellent and the location is perfect - especially for your honeymoon.

The food and beverage staff - led by Putu - is excellent and will stop at nothing to make the dining experience great. the breakfast is the best buffet I have ever seen (make sure you get the package with breakfast because its totally worth it) and the restaurants in the evening serve excellent local and international fare.

The concierge staff is also excellent - Anna was excellent while we were there and she took great care of us throughout the week helping us plan all of our excursions. Everyone in the hotel knew us and took great care of us.

We preferred Nusa Dua because its right in the middle of Kuta, Seminyak and Ubud but far enough away to really enjoy and close enough for a cheap cab.

Yvonne - the hotel manager - is clearly running the great show and even took the time to thank us for spending our honeymoon with the hotel.

This hotel proves again why traveling in Asia is so spectacular. We look forward our next visit.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are the best but doesnt really matter because they have beach chairs and nice pools...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Dear Global_Traveller_AG,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities, the grounds of our resort and the services provided during your stay with us and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Thank you for the kind words and lavish praised you bestowed upon Putu and his team as well as Anna. I have shared your good feedback to them and to our Executive committee. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your positive feedback and comments that we are able to maintain on our service standards.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to Bali.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed there twice and it has been great.

First time stayed at their suite and amazed by the service they provided fromthe beginning.
Airport pickup then quick and easy check in procedure and a refreshing welcome drink and nice scented aroma when u enter the lobby. The room is well decorated and spacious with lots of complimentary water from equil. And it doesnt end there, the breakfast @boneka was the BEST b'fast i've had........

The pool is quite big but not for children.
The beach is clean and lots of loungers available.....

My 2nd stayed at the lagoon villa and it's even better.....

You'll have to experience it yourself to describe it.

My 2nd stay at the lagoon villa

Room Tip: All the suite or villa are good..... Lagoon villa has a big lagoon pool for u to swim
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear ABecbebec,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your recent experience wit us on TripAdvisor.com

I was happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us recently. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we able to maintain on our service standard.

We would love to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bali Resort on your next visit to this paradise island.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Lovely hotel, lovely location and great rooms. However, service leaves a lo to be desired (not through lack of trying by the staff however). Barrier seems to be a lack of basic understanding of the English language (not expected at a resort of this calibre).. Basic instructions and requests have been ignored/ changed cause the staff struggle with English. To top it off - got food poisoning in one of it's eating venues...
It is so close to being fantastic but yet so far..

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Citybubble101
Dear Citybubble101,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

I was happy to learn that you love the grounds and the rooms at our resort. I was most concerned to hear about your unfortunate experience and I am very sorry that I was not aware of this situation and what had happened to you since there was no report or record of such an incident.

I have noted your comment in regards to the lack of basic understanding of the English language from our staff and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. For your information, an ongoing English class has been conducted for our associates to improve their understanding of the English language in our effort to constantly achieve guest expectation.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your constructive feedback and comment, we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

I would like to, once again, thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to this paradise island.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The resort is stunning. It's a true 5 star - amazing rooms, wounderful staff and breakfast is soooooo good!! The only problem is that if you travel around and stay anywhere else you'll feel really let down as it won't be close to the Regis.

Tip: 1. The basic room is all you need. 2. In the shoping areas outside the resort almost everything is counterfit as they realy dont have copyright laws. You wil literally see entire stores that look like the real thing but are full of fakes.

Room Tip: Just book the basic room - it was about 1000sq ft and was really amazing
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank orangecat1
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Orangecat1

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

We were happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel ground, its facilities and services during your stay with us and that we contributed in some small way in making your experience at The St. Regis Bali Resort a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort on your next trip to this paradise island.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Great villa with private pool and access to the private beach which is great, clean, secluded. The breakfast was great, the dinner was great too. Everything were great. Couldnt wait to go back there again

• Stayed October 2010
Dear Kkusumo,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

We were glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay during your holiday at our resort and that we contributed, in some small way, to making your experience at The St. Regis Bali Resort a pleasant and memorable one.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali resort for your holiday destination and I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next trip to Bali.