“terrible staff”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
“terrible staff”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

the staff and the service overall is terrible! it takes ages for the staff to notice you and they never make you feel like welcome. they do not say hello or if you say thanks you hardly ever get any response. the top of the ice berg was that i was paying with a bill which had a broken corner and they refused to accept it. i got the bill from another restaurant. even though the food is cheap it isnt that tasty and the service is so terrible that i recomment choosing another place and its not even the cheapest around. the tripadvisor certificate has probably gone to their head and they feel like theres no need to do anything anymore...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Romsey, Victoria
“A great meal on the cheap”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from a 9 day trip to Kuta Beach. Due to reading the reviews of Bamboo Corner on Trip Advisor, we decided to give it a go. Well we ended going 3 times we were so impressed with the food and it's low cost.

Bamboo corner is located half way down Poppies Lane 1 and as the name suggests, on a corner. We generally ate between 6 - 7pm where we were assured a table and if lucky on the outside. We have walked past it later in the night to find it packed out. The Bamboo Corner serves Western side food as well as Indonesian. We generally had an entree' followed by a main with a couple of drinks including Bintang beer. This generally cost us between 100,000-120,000 Rupiah (approx. 10 to $12 AUS) for the visit. The restaurant is a little gem hidden among the bustling street stalls. Would I go back? Of course and plan to visit again next year.....

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did and others on Trip Advisor have!

Poole
“Cheap and reasonable food but unfriendly staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just had breakfast at Bamboo Corner. The food was ok but a couple of days ago I had a half a toothpick buried in my rice so please be careful. If I had swallowed it it would have been a hospital case. But anyway the main thing I noticed was the total ignorance of the staff. Despite being a regular customer I cannot even get a reply to "Good Morning" and when they brought the food they dumped it on the table without even looking at you or speaking. I was in a good mood when I woke up but having breakfast at Bamboo Corner soon changed that!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Bamboo Corner restaurant is a very good restaurant in Kuta. The food is un-expensive and very tasty. You can request the food which to be cooked at your request. The staffs are very friendly . The location is located on the Poppies Lane 1. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brian H
Melbourne, Australia
“yummy”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I love this little place on Poppies.
The food is amazing and cheap. Service is ok.
Draw back could be sellers might come up to you, but generally will leave you alone.
I prefer to sit outside in the fresh air and watch the world go by.
Love the club sandwiches...

• Visited December 2012