“Made's Warung value”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Made's Warung value”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We ate at Made's twice...good local food at a good price. Can be very busy so you may have to wait awhile. Cold drinks often come standard with sugar in them so if you don't like it sweet tell them first.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is our 19th trip to Bali. I went to this restaurant because I knew it had been here for decades and was popular with tourists. The restaurant is not airconditioned. The decor is very old,worn , balinese style and looked very dusty . The wait staff were not attentive. The food was cold and not impressive. This restaurant is badly in need of a refurbishment. Like a few other older restaurants that come to min, this place opened in a past time when thefe was not a lot of good eating houses in Kuta. Bali has changed and there are hundreds of better places to eat. Unfortunately this place has not changed. Obviosly because of past popularity the owners and staff feel that they don"t have to try very hard. Bad food (cold), lazy staff, hot and sticky (no aircon). Don"t bother. Bali belly waiting to happen !

• Visited February 2013
singapore
“The service is not good, Not good experience”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I did not have good experience of this place. We seated upstairs and there are 2 waiters serving the 2nd floor. Both of them are very rude and impatience.

The highly recommended Nasi Campur is so-so to me. We ask what is the difference between Nasi Campur and the Nasi Campur Special, the waiter told me Special includes satay. Ask him what meat is the Satay, he says fish. We order 3 sets of Special requested if we can change to pork satay for one plate and chicken for the other plate, they replied must pay extra money. So we say ok, we will pay, then he say it is very troublesome to change. I don't understand why is it so troublesome. I tried to ask him few times but the waiter just want to keep it simple with no "extra" work of effort. This attitude is very bad. I think it is a very simple and easy request and I believe the restaurant can allow and it was just the attitude of the waiter. Anyway, we didn't order the "special" so that it won't be "troublesome" for the waiter. I ordered just Nasi Campur without the "special" and ordered a separate alacart for Satay so I can choose my satay choice. I like the satay most, the taste is very good and I ordered a second helping.

Whenever we call for the waiter when we want to order more food or drinks, they always show us a very impatient and annoying face...... think the look is asking "why can't you order everything together at one time". But we're very thirsty and all of us want a 2nd and 3rd glass of drinks!! And the waiters are always talking to each other and we need to waive so long for them to come to us.The place is not so big and far that they can't see us, just that they were busy chatting and did not give notice and attention to the customers.

Anyway, we like the lemongrass drink, we like the satay. But with the bad attitude of the waiters, we do not feel welcome at all. Thus didn't have good mood to enjoy the food. I won't make a special trip to go to the restaurant again.

• Visited June 2013
Canberra, Australia
“As always, happy customer”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went there on my own as I was traveling solo. The attention the staff gave me was really good. My orders arrived fast, the waitress was very attentive and kind. The place was packed as always but I didn't feel like I had to rush. Enjoyed my big dinner very much (again, as always). Thanks, Warung Made. :-)

2 Thank perempuan
Hong Kong
“Not very outstanding but OK”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had tuna fish rolls and satay.
The satay was good and juicy even when no sauce was provided.
Tuna fish rolls were so-so to me but maybe it's better if I would like Indonesian food more.
The snack pack was good though. We bought a pack of crispy peanut and lemongrass chips which was made by Fiona. That was good.