“not a bad place to start” 4 of 5 stars

Kusnadi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Werkudara Street no 518, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #60 of 214 Hotels in Kuta
toronto
“not a bad place to start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night upon arrival in Bali. Airport pick up was easy and efficient. Room was in the older part of the hotel and a bit dingy but fine for the night. Staff were super helpful and friendly. Included breakfast was decent, pool was nice. Short walk to beach.

Room Tip: try for the newer part by the pool, it is prettier and better than the cheaper part
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oxfordToronto

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I love the Kusnadi Hotel and have stayed there several times over the last couple of years - it is usually my first stop in Bali. I have no problems booking a room via e-mail and found the staff are more than helpful when I have been making my bookings as well as when I have been there as a guest. They are more often then not very obliging.

The hotel is central to the main beach area and the main street of Legian.

Breakfast is included and is ample with some of the choices changing everyday, with a variety of foods.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and air conditioned with king size beds. They have english TV. Wi-fi is available in the rooms (see reception for the password).

As a solo traveller, I felt safe at the hotel and yes, once you have entered the hotel grounds, it is a world away from the madness of the local streets.

Try a massage and/or facial with Wayan (one of the resident masseurs) - I left feeling like a dazed walking ball of Jasmine oil - It was AMAZING!! It was around $20 AUD for facial and massage!

They also have an english speaking resident tour guide: Wayan, or 'Wid' for short, is amazing also and more than happy to organise any tours, guided or not. As his card states he 'organises friendly tour and travel services in Bali'. He is also more than happy to transport, or arrange transport to anywhere on the island, including shopping trips to batik and silver factories, or whatever shopping spots you have in mind. You can contact him at the Kusnadi e-mail address at info@kusnadibalitour.com He is worth his weight in gold and is very friendly!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms. Try room 207. It has a garden view and is obscured enough so you can enjoy your...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Misspiggylovespink
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I love this hotel and have stayed here for years! The staff is so friendly and personable.. It feels like everyone is looking out for you. The hotel is located on a fairly busy street but once you enter it is its own private paradise. Its also nice to have good restaurants and shops closeby. The rooms are simple and some are starting to look a little worn but at the end of the day it's such a comfortable place, it doesn't matter. The pool is nice and the hotel restaurant has great food. It's a smaller place with a great vibe. I've stayed in lots of other places in Bali but I always come back to Kusnadi. . I'm only hesitant to write this review because I want to make sure I can get a booking next time I'm in Bali!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank waterwing
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Kusnadi on the recommendation of my sister, who had been coming back there for years, as had many of the people I spoke to who were staying there.

According to her, this year there had been a lot of change of staff, so she wasn't 'feeling the love' that she had in previous years, that rapport that you build up seeing the same people over time.

As it was my first time here, I thought the staff were very friendly, helpful to a fault, and really couldn't have been better.

I stayed in one of the poolside superior rooms, paid 550,000R per night, which my sister organised last year, so this was 'last years' price. Good sized room, king sized bed, aircon & fan, TV, bar fridge, 2 bottles of water supplied every morning, & buffet breakfast, the choices changing every day.
Bathroom was roomy, slightly tired looking, but after a week on Gili Trewangan oh so welcome. Shower, toilet & basin in one room, toiletries stocked daily.

Meals from the restaurant are on a par with similar places in the area, and although not a huge selection, the food is well presented & yummy. Being in Legian there is a wealth of options food wise anyway.

The pool & garden are beautifully kept & a lovely spot to unwind with your meal or bevvy of choice after a day of beaching, haggling or whatever else you get up to.

Location is great, you can walk through the Jayakarta at the end of the street to get to the beach, good food, mini marts, atms & sim card dealers are all really close.

I loved the Kusnadi, would go back again anytime.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank livinginnasuitcase
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just back from our second visit to Kusnadi. Even with the recent price rise this Hotel is still extremely good value in my opinion. We had Room 110 (Superior) for the second time and paid $57 AUD per night. The room had a fresh coat of paint, the gardens were actually even better than what I remembered them. I did`nt have breakfast (not really a breakky person) but my husband did every morning and he said it was great.

The staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. The location of the Kusnadi is good, I do prefer to be on the beach though. The laundry right next door is good (so handy!), plenty of good restaurants close by.

I have found the Kusnadi to be extremely prompt in replying to emails when I have enquired about accomodation, nothing is too much trouble - great Hotel!

I had spent 6 days in Sanur at the Griya Santrian with my sister before moving to Kusnadi (to meet up with my husand). I was a little concerned how I would adjust to the Kusnadi after being at the Griya (Suite at the Griya!) but it was fine and as good as ever.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cmfAustralia
melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

to get into the kusnadi you have to front up at the front desk, dont bother emailing them,they like to see you.this is a great idea.
brekkie is great,pool is too.staff out of this world for friendliness.nothing much more to say really,i am here for 8 weeks as i write this on their wifi.

Room Tip: not saying our room no.we want it again next year.find out for yourself.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vk3bmb
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We just stayed in Kusnadi for the 4th time in 5 years. To us Kusnadi is the "true" Bali experience... The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and the staff is very friendly. We were there for our honeymoon, and the room was nicely decorated with flowers at arrival:o)The room we stayed in (#210-Deluxe Garden View) was really great and so has the superiors been when we have stayed there. We will definitely come back to Kusnadi again....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Johanna P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#5 of 214 in Kuta
4.5 of 5 stars 368 reviews

Been to Kusnadi Hotel? Share your experiences!