“The hotel is ok for the money however I...”
Review of Simpang Inn

Simpang Inn
Ranked #199 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“The hotel is ok for the money however I...”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel is ok for the money however I found a much nicer cleaner generally 100% better hotel for the same price!
I hated it's location, despite it being tucked away , when you left the hotel you were immeadietly in the firing line of the "transport , transport - women , women " shouts of the hawkers who certainly in my opinion really begin to ruin your time in Bali!
It's near plenty however you can be anywhere in Kura and be a reasonably short walk from the main streets. the rooms are ok but a bit dark and the first bathroom was leaking in every bit. nothing major however you wouldn't let your shorts hit the floor when using the toilet as they'd be soaked. We didn't mention the bathroom to staff as we just assumed this is the quality to expect for the money. I took a seperate double room once my friend left to go home which was better however still no where near as good as another hotel on Poppies gang II I stayed at for a few nights for the same price! there's a tv in the room but the channels are local and a very bad signal as well. The other thing I found irritating was on a
number of occasions I asked for the wifi code from a number of the hotel staff, none of them apparently had it and only "the boss" had it who never seemed to be in. At the same time , they were still more than happy for you to use the highly overpriced Internet terminal in the hotel!
fyi - There is a much cheaper & faster Internet Cafe across the road..
overall the hotel is ok however I suggest you have a good look around before deciding to stick on this one !

• Stayed October 2010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Arrived in Bali late at night and booked into this hotel for one night. I wanted to leave as soon as I saw the room - I couldn't believe this place existed. It's more like one star accommodation. The room and bathroom is old and disgusting and the towel provided was old and ratty, not even sure if it was clean. Would not recommend anyone stay here...way overpriced! Look elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I have to say , we had a 'special tariff' on this one, not, this hotel was way too overpriced ! We stayed here for 2 nights and both evenings/nights the electricity went off and on. They wanted to give us another room, a little old rubbish room, and we asked them if they were 'crazy' comparing with our current room (newer) , we wanted to get a discount because of all the trouble but unfortunately they didn't. Those people don't understand how to be polite and run a hotel with which you can make come guests return.... if they had given us any compensations we would've writen a nice review.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Bali is known for its wonderful hospitality and friendly people. We went in a very high season (Christmas holidays) and as other places were already fully booked, we settled with a superior room at this hotel. Considering the price (USD 150 per night), we expected quality and service. Sadly there was lack of both. Our airconditioning did not work and when we reported this to the reception, they sent in different people who knew absolutely nothing about airconditionings (first the bell boy, then the security guard, then a waiter) and kept playing with the remote control. After two tiring hours and nothing fixed, we told the reception that we would like to change rooms. They were being very difficult about it and said that they were fully booked. They did not have any other vacant superior room and as such we were downgraded to another room. When I enquired for a possible reimbursement of my money, again they were being difficult and said that we needed to talk to the manager who had left already. The next morning we spoke to the manager who basically refused to return any money and moved us to another superior room, where the aircon did work but where water pressure was very low. I was enraged but there was nothing that we could do.

Breakfast came with the room but was again very basic and little. The whole place is totally overpriced and it's not worth the money you're paying for.

All in all, very bad impression. No friendlines, no apologies for making us paying customers wait for 2 hours (not even a complimentary drink or something for compensation), no extra service. We left the hotel one day earlier than planned and went to stay at another hotel called Puri Wisata Bungalows, which offered lower prices and so much better service.

I would never ever go back to Simpang Inn again and I would recommend other travellers to seek elsewhere. Kuta has plenty of other options. Being an Indonesian myself, I was disillusioned by this experience. These people need to get some hospitality courses.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Everything else from service to food quality
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Heidelberg
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I got it from Airport as an advice for my price range = 30$.in high season !! Is an double bed.
If you only need a bed for stay ..maybe you will find cheaper one.
No lights on the bed,no curtain nor hooks in the bath-room , bring a basket for the litter !! lol ...
If there would be NOT this rules ( no over night guests nor part -timer etc.) i get the idea , this hotel would be only for them clients ! No frigerator in room , TV only local stations ..
For the price absolutly overpriced .
Breakfast : if you need only cigarette and coffee .so this stay is a good choice one more .
One cup of Tea or Coffee/two slices of toast /butter and jam and glas of juice ! Maybe Buffet if you book online /higher category .
And you are not alone in night : mosquitos like to bites you..lol
A/C was okay. And Bathtub too...

Th.Knopf

• Liked — nothing ....
  • Disliked — No lights on the bed ....
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Restu Bali Hotel
#185 of 251 in Kuta
Hotel Sorga Cottages
Hotel Sorga Cottages
#130 of 251 in Kuta

Been to Simpang Inn? Share your experiences!