“Terrible - Theft From Rooms!”
Review of New Arena Hotel

New Arena Hotel
Ranked #240 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Don't stay here! Just don't do it. No matter how cheap it might be. Money or electronics will vanish from your room and the staff will not even pretend to care. Breakfast was terrible and room wasn't very clean but those were to be expected for the price - the theft was not.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank scorbles2

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I sure wish I had checked these reviews before staying here. The place looks great from the outside but it's dirty, nothing works (including the toilet, shower, closet doors, TV and AC - and there are no fans to move around the stale air when the AC fails) and the staff is completely useless. The girl that "cleans" the rooms moves at a snail's pace, and spends more time sitting around watching the pool than working.
We made the mistake of paying for three nights up-front. When we complained about the AC after the first night, the staff showed us two alternate rooms we could move to. The ACs worked in neither. We packed up and requested our money back on the second and third nights and of course weren't given it. The manager pointed to small print at the bottom of the check-in form. Our big mistake paying for multiple nights up-front. After reading the other reviews, we feel luckily we didn't lose more. Stay away!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scintzi14
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I thought Hotel Arena offered a lot for a very reasonable price. The rooms are not fancy, but more than adequate (how much time do you spend in your room in Kuta?!). They have hot water, A/C, close walk to beach and Legian, pool, and some have TVs. I stayed in 3 different rooms- the first two were quite nice and the 3rd was so-so. This was our go-to hotel while in the area. Had no issues whatsoever!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

i would share about this hotel, to be honest the location is pretty ok, just 3 minutes walk to kuta beach. the whole buildings was fine, good decoration, it has (unused) pool bar, all rooms have terrace but the main big problem was inside the room. here are some reasons:
1. Dirty and smelly bedroom and toilet.
2. old aircon also leaking and sometimes it just become weird, getting cooler and even hotter automatically.
3. wardrobe was too old, no door, smelly
4. tiles so dirty, even found used condoms under the desk (did they ever clean this room ?)
5. bed is not comfey.

more than that the security was so horrible, rude. well its 300k pernight without breakfast, you guys could even get way cheaper but BETTER in that area.. so dont ever try here otherwise your holiday turns to be nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mathilda20
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Please don't ruin your holiday - find somewhere else. I am in the Poppies One and Two area regulary, and I am sick to death of hearing about this hotel stealing money,, 'losing passports' (which can be found for a 'fee' etc.) I have stayed at this place many times in the past, and it was great. However the new owners really have takes poor service and theft to a whole new level. I went in there recently with a young couple who were very upset after having half of their holiday money stolen from the security box - so I thought I would post again. Just stay away from New Arena - all of the local expats in the area are sick of hearing about it. None of the other hotels in the area have the same problem - so just have a look around for one you like, and enjoy Bali.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BaliBluesAlways
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stay here 2 night 23 and 24 Sept 2013. I was lost 100$ in pocket when I go to the beach to swim.

I keep everything of mine: pocket, wacht, phone....etc in my room, and send the key to reception yesterday and go to beach to swim. When I go back I go out to eat and just take some Rupia, I did not check my dolars. This morning I arranged and checked my stuff and know that I LOST 100$ (in total of 140 $)

I went down to reception and they said me to meet their boss. I met him and he show me the paper that said on #6: Have to keep valued things in safety box in reception room. What a night mare, when I check in they never tell me about safety box!!!!. He said I can go to Police to report but, hell, I am flying today, so how I can follow this deal! He show me agained the paper and said he write that, and that was my fault to not follow.

Oh my good, I went to repcetion to check out and met the girl (1 of 3 people I gave my keys when I went to the beach for swimming), I tell her I lost 100 $ in my pocket... my GOD, she just looked at me and SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She told me that she did show me the safety box, but I swear to her that she never showed me.

Nothing happened, that was my fault ... that's all, not their fault.

Dirty hotel, dirty swimming pool, dirty boss and dirty staffs. I will never recommend this hotel and ones around because they are very dirty too.

NO BALI!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Quang84
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here in october & november 2012. The hotel is located on a small street of poppies 1, really quiet location but still in the center of Kuta, 2min walk. Nearby to kutabeach, 2min walk. Perfect place for a base in Kuta, good value, nice pool and clean. No restaurant but you have plenty just outside. taxidrivers at the parking will take you for daytrips to any surfspot, but charge a few more rp for it then they others. i will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends