“ripping”

Ranked #242 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Munich, Germany
“ripping”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

it was my 9th time here in this hotel...last year and the years befor the stuff and also the crew was very friendly and the hotel was soo safe for us...but this time it was horrible. we arrived at this hotel 30.April 2013...we booked a room at the 2. floor. next day it was possible to move to another room next to the pool. we have been to the waterboompark for one day. we asked the reception if they can order a taxi for us...
we arrived at home around 6 PM. I checked my money at my wallet. my wallet was in my small backpacker, the small backpacker was closed and under the big back packer...300 € less!!!! I went to the reception. I asked about my money. they know nothing. the room wasnt clean, and the cleaningstuff sayed: we never been in your room, because its not clean.
sure....that was the "trick"
I asked the reception: where is the next policestation. they sayed: next to hardrockhotel.
but its not my first time here, and I know, that the policestation next to hardrockhotel is the police for the traffic.....
I went to the policestation next to legian...then to the criminalpolicestation...I get a report and one of the officer went with me to the hotel...but nothing happend, because the stuff sayed, that nobody have this money...
PLEASE: never go to this hotel!! its really not safe.
they have cameras and also saftyboxes at the reception. for the saftyboxes at the reception u get 1 key, but the trick is, the stuff have the second key, and they ripping all ur things from the safe. and the cameras are off!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank marion F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for 10 nights with my boyfriend. Good location, you can get a good deal if you stay a while. But the staff are rude, horrid and they steal from you. It was smallish money and we confronted them, they pretended they didn't understand and that was that. We were v careful and locked everything up after that and no future probs...
Rooms are filth, but roomy and the room with a fridge has a lovely bathroom! we had already committed so washed our own bedsheets with a local woman, they smelt lovely after that! We cleaned the room ourselves and enjoyed aircon,fridge,space,pool,tv and DVD player for less than £10 a night!
You can tell this hotel was once rele loved by it's owners, but it's been neglected, an the staff don't care.
My final thoughts-do not give these people money!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank alicehappy

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

THIEVES! On the 2nd day $300 disappeared from my room. It was absolutely evident that the hotel staff stole it, as I was away for about an hour and the thief had plenty of time to search the room which was deep inside the patio and undo the lock on my bag. Surely they denied everything and refused not only to provide us an extra night but even to apologize!!! Besides the staff wasn't too friendly to my friend. Now we know why :(

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank aidalai2
Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The pool looks beautiful, until you notice the sand and beer labels collecting on the bottom. We only stayed in Kuta for one night and randomly stumbled upon this hotel. It was the only one in the area with free wifi so we blindly chose to stay here for the night. After seeing the other reviews on tripadvisor, we would have avoided this place if we had known. The bathrooms were pretty grimy and the room had a very stale smell. The staff wasn't very friendly. I'm glad we only stayed one night here and I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shannon H
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

At first sight the hotel seemed really good. It had a good location, nice pool and the rooms looked pretty decent. However, our positive image of the hotel soon changed when we noticed the rooms were infested of bed bugs, the pool was all dirty, the AC didn't work and that the cleaners had stolen quite a lot of money from us. When we confronted them they didn't even seemed bothered, liked it was no big deal. I do strongly NOT recommend anyone to stay at this unserious so called hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank nicjoh93
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

For the price(20$) you have hot shower, air con, swimming pool and wifi on lobby(doesn t work...)
Personal kindly and near beaches, all bar restaurant. Rooms are clean and swimming pool very nice
But no breakfast

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank clem0688
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading all the terrible reviews on this place, my partner and I are glad we were not the only ones who didn't enjoy our stay at New Arena Hotel. We had been travelling through Indonesia for 1 month at this stage and had a long 12 hour day of travelling from Lombok to Bali so we needed a place to stay while we got our bearings in Kuta. Like many others have said, the hotel looks very enticing upon arrival but after 10 minutes of being in the room we couldn't wait to leave. The bathroom had mould everywhere, the wardrobe door had fallen off and had just been leaned against the wall, the bed side light wouldn't turn off without the plug sparking, the air conditioner barely worked and worst of all there was spew splashed up the side of the wall that had dripped down onto the floor that the cleaners neglected to clean. We ended up finding another home stay the next day that was half the price and a lot nicer than this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple