Maxi Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewslegian streetkuta night lifeparty goersaffordable pricebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastdiscothequetoilet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We were planning to stay in this hotel for four nights, subject to three more nights extension. As we plan to stay in Bali for a week. We stay in Maxi based on the recommendation of family's friend. We checked in on July 29, 2010, in a family suite room # 38, facing to the pool.

First bad experience happened to us upon arrival. The receptionist asked us to pay for the first two nights, despite the pre arrangement which has been made by our agent that payment for room and breakfast will be done by the Agent. Without any argument, we paid for the first two nights. We thought that this is the only problem we are facing with the service.

When we checked in into our room, we found out that the chargeable extra bed was only a mattress placed on the floor. Without any bed frame. We feel so bad, that one of our son sleep on the mattress on the floor level.....

Another bad experience we had, related to the spa service. Upon arrival. we were given, vouchers for 10 mins of free welcome massage for each of us. My wife and I, went to the spa to have reflexology treatment. Prior to the treatment, I clarified to the therapist, that we would like to have foot massage which we are going pay based on the normal rate. And I also asked, whether we can combine the paid treatment with the 10 mins comp. The answer given was yes. The paid treatment suppose for 45 mins, so if we add the comp, the total treatment would be for 55 mins. Right before the treatment started, I look at the clock, which is placed on the wall, so I knew exactly what time the treatment would be finished. Unfortunately, the total treatment was completed in 40 mins, when I asked to my male therapist, what about the comp massage, he responded that he had combined the treatment. I knew it very well....... that I was cheated with a shorter time. I dont want to argue..... as I want to start my holiday with the right modd...... even I gave the male therapist enough tip for both of them. I hope that my night mare would be completed at this stage.

Unfortunately, our bad experience continued. On the second nigh, we left the hotel at around 9.30PM. My second son, handed over the room key to the receptionist, witnessed by my wife and my eldest son. When we came back, at around 1.30AM, we were told by the night receptionist that they did not have the key of our room. We explained that our son have handed over the key before we left.... and the receptionist called someone who seem in charge of the night operation. We explained our situation, and he informed us that he can not do anything immediately, as he needs to follow up on the next morning. I told him that we could not sleep without having key to lock our room. He suggested to lock it from outside.... which of course we rejected the offer due to safety reason. Then, after a while, he gave us a key, which according to him belong to room attendant and we need to return it on the next morning. I used the key.... it can open from outside, but the key could not be used at all from inside!!! I was very surprise that they do not have spare key. On the next day, at around 7PM, I met the male manager who has no clue about my problem.... so I need to repeat the situation again..... I even asked him to review the CCTV at the receptionist to see what happened. He still not able to give me room key and keep on saying will investigage the matter........

Enough is enough..... I decided to check out from this hotel tomorrow morning...... to find a better hotel. We enjoyed our vacation in Bali..... but definitely not at all with the service of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ananta_Mas
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Plus points:
Maxi hotel is very well located in prime Kuta area. As such there are many hotels that are close to markets and night life, but this one is right in front of the pubs and clubs. It is 2 minutes fwalk rom Bali bombing memorial.
For Indian vegeterian food you can walk down and have great food ( with in 5-7 mins walking distance) .
The beach is 10 minutes walking distance through poppies lane.
Gives free massage in their SPA.

Negative points:
The area is too congested and roads are one way. So even a small distance by car takes almost 20minutes.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We went there somewhere in November 2009. The hotel is clean and the location is very convenient for shopping- walking distance. It is near to Kuta beach as well. The room is quite spacious and clean but there is no kettle to boil hot water. The breakfast is very simple and not that nice. The staff is very helpful and give good service.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I stay from 5-9 Jan 2010 4 nites in Bali.

1. Loaction : at legian --> crowded place but nice.....infront already starbucks and all the cafe, bar, shops..the neighbour is mini mart and bank (ATM), padang restarurant, western bar and local food also have.
from small street (poppy's lane if not mistaken) can go to Kuta beach by walking

2. Room : got the deluxe room, have balcony and hanger to dry up your wet bikini :P
inside room clean, bathroom ok clean.. the problem i think only the light its bit too dark inside the room.
have cable tv, they make up the room daily and change ur towel also give the toiletries

3. Additional Service : got 10 mins welcome massage on the mini spa area

4. Have swimming pool --> haven't try

5. Breakfast : everyday change menu, ala carte and have local also ABF
--> i think they need to brighten the dining/restaurant area..its okay actually but they can do better

6. Staff : okay and friendly

since i got the back room so its not too noisy for me, maybe the one saying its very noisy because they got the infront room...
at nite its very crowded since the clubbing place all open and turn the music loud until morning time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank -mikhairov-
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I came across this hotel by way of the travel agent located in Ngurah Rai airport. We missed our flight and needed somewhere to crash for the night. The travel agent recommended this hotel as it was in a good central location on Legian, and it was clean and cheap but the room didn't get much direct sunlight. We stayed in a family room that accommodated up to four adults. We paid 600 thousand. I can't complain about the price. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The cost of the room also included breakfast for four (even though the breakfast was awful) It's located across the road from Legian's busiest clubs so if you're a partyseeker on a tight budget, then this might be the hotel for you. However, for me and my friends, we found it a little noisy at night when we were trying to sleep.
I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who likes being in the middle of all the rowdy Legian action and on a rather tight budget. Give the restaurant a miss though. The food is awful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends