“Good experience overall”

Hotel The Flora Kuta Bali
Ranked #95 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Clean bathroom and bedroom. You can rent a scooter and car directly at the hotel. Just triple check the staff took down your booking as they forgot about the car we've booked the day before. Location is great

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a week.
When i arrived I got a room but there were no minibar, so I asked nicely if I could have a room with a minibar? Offcourse I got it, no problem at all, It was the same size of the room, and a nice balcony.
The pool was small but clean, also it was a poolbar, where they served beverages :)
The restaurant served good food, but I think most of the guests went out to eat.
The staff were great, The woman in the reception showed me where to eat and what to do, she was very helpfull, to bad I forgott her name.
The location was good, it was in a quiet area, but close to the beach, just a few minutes walk.
Great hotell for a cheap prize.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jericho J
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Flora Kuta, Bali at either end of a Geckos adventures trip. The rooms were good and the staff were extremely kind, helpful and polite. Located down a lane off a main street so very quiet and peaceful yet ideally located for being close to the centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank marosa351
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here with my family in June, after reading the reviews was a little concerned re my booking, this was all laid to rest on arrival, staff were very friendly, and easy to understand -their english was probably as good as my indonesian!! rooms were neat, clean, affordable. Yes there was some maintenance taking place when we stayed but noise was minimal and mostly in the afternoon. I would definatley suggest staying here, its a great price and superb location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days. Great little hotel tucked back from the main strip of the hustle & bustle of Kuta. I booked the deluxe room for x2. Totally relieved that the toilet & shower were clean and well maintained. Great location, main city areas a 10 minute walk. Rooms serviced everyday with fresh towles, water and new bed linen. Brekkie is buffet style. Omelette was all I ate, there are Indonesian style foods, fresh fruit and juice. x2 restaurants and a laundry shop ($2.50 per clothes item to wash & dry) are opposite the hotel, with a bar next door to the hotel. Internet cafe adjacent to the hotel, am sure it is open 24hrs. When coming out of the airport, turn right and go and order a BLUE taxi at the office. Ask first how much, we paid 50,000, which is $5.00 to go to the hotel in Kuta. Best to exchange 500,000 ($50) in your own country, don't do it at the airport money exchangers, as I got ripped off $100NZD. Here is a little guide if you can't work out the currency.
Anything in the thousands e.g. 5,000 = .50c, 2,000 = .20c, (they come in notes or coins)
Anything in the tens of thousdands e.g. 50 000 = $5.00, 10 000 = $10, 80,00 = $8.00 etc.
Anything in the hundred thousands e.g. 200 000 = $20, 100 00 = $10, 500 000 = $50
Lastly, anything in the millions is in hundreds e.g. 1, 000, 000, = $100
I exchanged my money at the Western Union shop, 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
ALWAYS, take your time and don't get distracted when paying for your purchases as sometimes you will have x2 people talking to you at once. Don't use the meter if the taxi driver suggests it. Always set a price with the taxi driver before you go to your destination. Taxi ride from Kuta to Nusa Dua was $7.00 = 70,000. Will definitely come back to Bali - loved my stay there!!! Came over for a family wedding in Nusa Dua.

Room Tip: I think we booked room 107, the deluxe room, by the pool. Had good a/c and a strong shower spray...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights for the price for 40usd/pernite. The room is clean and the bathroom looks new. Short walk to matahari and beaches. Staffs are friendly . Buffet breakfast with variety of selections from western I.e pancakes, fresh omelette , cereals, toast ,pasta, sausages to local selections such as fried noodles, fried rice.. The best part its all halal. Highly recommended to Muslim travellers who is fussy about their food. The only downside is that they do not provide any kettle in the room. But they have free hot water supply situated in the restaurant with 24 hrs access.reasonable size of pool .cosy ambient. Will definitely stay there agin

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My experience with this hotel is based on our stay one day ago (30/8/2012), so it's quiet recent.

We booked a taxi to the airport when we checked-in. When we got back from dinner, we wanted to change the time of booking, because we figured out we need more time to get to the airport. The new staff at the reception was completely confused and didn't know about any taxi booking, because the previous staff didn't remind them !!!
Then, at 3 AM when we woke up to take the taxi to the airport, the guy from the reception went to our room, so we asked again if he called the taxi. He said "yes, everything's ok" and went back to the reception. In a few minutes, he started to hysterically knocked on our door saying " madam, there is NO taxi tonight, because of the yesterday hindu ceremony, but if you want, i called my friend and he will take you to the airport - for 80 000 rupees". We know that the normal price of the taxi from this hotel to the airport (approx. 10 minutes) is about 15 000 rupees, so we figured out that's some kind of TRICK. Nevermind, we haven't any other possibility, because of the lack of time (he told us this information like 10 minutes before leaving the hotel !!!), so we took his friend taxi.
While going to the airport, we saw lot of blue taxi cars on the street, so obviously we were BETRAYED !!! And the goal at the end - when we payed to the taxi driver 100 000 rupees, he tried to pretend that he has no change back, so like if it's ok to keep the rest. When we got angry, he gave us the change back. BUT REALLY, THAT WAS A REALLY BAD JOKE !

Besides, the room was ok (if i pretend not to see the sand on the floor and the crapy bathroom), the room surrounding were really dirty and smelly. In the night, you can hear every little sound from the street and the hotel, so we didn't sleep at all. We didn't tried the local restaurant, so i hope there at least one thing positive in this hotel, but i highly doubt about it.

Anyway, we are independent travelers with backpacks, used to stay in every possible condition, but that for too much even for us.

WELL, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FOOLED, DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL :(